It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another Sky Sounds Video from Atlanta 11/8/2012

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I posted a video a while back with some sky sounds here... www.abovetopsecret.com...

The one below I just recorded earlier today and it is a completely different sound. It was much higher pitched and siren like but the sky is clear and there are no siren tests in the area today that I know if. Can anyone recognize the sound? It was coming from all around, not a specific direction so I couldn't really get a good idea of if this was from machinery or what it may have been. Any ideas?

And yes.....that is me again in the video so those of you on here know I am not just reposting some whackjob's video from youtube....though some may consider me a whackjob.....

edit on 11/8/12 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I heard that!

Yesterday evening.

North ATL metro. It had a metallic sound to it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

It winds up and down a couple of times, especially at the end it winds down. Some type of machinery, grinder, lathe, or siren. Doesn't sound unusual to me. I hear stuff like that all the time, I just never thought of it as strange.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

It reminds me of the alarm here in Norway. We have an alarm the government can put on to warn us if there's any bombing from planes ahead. They test it now and then, and when I saw your video I thought it was something like that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorserider

It winds up and down a couple of times, especially at the end it winds down. Some type of machinery, grinder, lathe, or siren. Doesn't sound unusual to me. I hear stuff like that all the time, I just never thought of it as strange.

Yeah it does wind up and down but I am not in an area where heavy equipment would be used close by. My first thought was a siren but looking it up there are none that I could find that are scheduled for testing today. What type of machinery makes that kind of sound?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I heard that!

Yesterday evening.

North ATL metro. It had a metallic sound to it.

It does have a slight metallic sound to it. North Metro? I am in Marietta close to Sandy Springs in East Cobb so there is no type of machinery I can think of that would be big enough to make that sound anywhere close enough to be heard here.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Just south of Atlanta here - and no such noises here.

Could they be testing tornado sirens?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Check this out (0:33 onwards). Sounds kinda similar - imagine playing it slowly to increase the sustain of the sound...

Any drummers/percussionists in your area?!

edit on 8/11/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

In my area Tornado sirens are tested the first Wednesday of the month at 12 noon, I don't know if that's statewide or not.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I have heard the sky noises twice now. In 2008 and April of this year. My comparison of the sound would match bad carbon brushes on a generator and it is in the process of winding down. Does this make sense?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Sadly I am so out of touch with local things that I don't even know the schedule here.

A thought... heavy machinery that spins can sound that way due to the Doppler effect. Like a road resurfacing machine at a distance.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
let me guess.. it was NOON there?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wild! Just posted this yesterday, I'm south of Denver:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then I saw this this morning, someone outside of Minneapolis:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fazza!
Check this out (0:33 onwards). Sounds kinda similar - imagine playing it slowly to increase the sustain of the sound...

Any drummers/percussionists in your area?!

edit on 8/11/2012 by Fazza! because: (no reason given)

That is cool...my kids would love that thing though I am sure I would grow to hate it after a few minutes. LOL!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

It was close to noon I think. Like I said, I thought it was a siren test, but looking at the testing schedules I can find anywhere in Atlanta, none of them occur on Thursdays. Do you know of some I may have missed? I can see if they are in my area.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vasa Croe

Originally posted by gnosticagnostic

It was close to noon I think. Like I said, I thought it was a siren test, but looking at the testing schedules I can find anywhere in Atlanta, none of them occur on Thursdays. Do you know of some I may have missed? I can see if they are in my area.

The easiest way to prove if it was an UNSCHEDULED test is to just call down to your city hall.... let us know what you find out.. because honestly it sounds just like a siren test.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   

My questions to you are... Does it wind down at the end like a siren? Do the sirens in your area rotate or are they omni-directional. Last but not least, do the warning sirens ever resonate with metal roofing material or equipment nearby?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I'm all about strange sounds in the skies as they interest me so don't jump on me for being a debunker but that's definitely a siren. They have to test them from time to time and won't always have that "This is a test" recording before or after it. I'm in Illinois and hear them frequently.

You'll also notice you only hear these sounds on days with clear skies so everyone knows its just a test.
edit on 8-11-2012 by MadhatterTheGreat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by MadhatterTheGreat

i agree it's a siren test... I hear them twice a month living in tornado alley as well... and they do run unscheduled test alot in the spring and fall for various reasons.. maintenance just being one of any number of reasons.. and they do it at NOON so citizens know it's not an actual emergency..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

It's a C-5 at Lockheed. The engines that the C-5A/B use have a siren type pitch to them that is unique to that aircraft. Lockheed's plant at Marietta is upgrading C-5s to the M standard, so they are flying them in one or two at a time to upgrade.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join