It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Really? just why....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I know its not just me who gets this all the time, but why is it that you get so many people who only talk to you when they want something from you, and then if you say no, they just compain.

Seriously why do some people have to have everything from every one else.

if any one understand where im coming from you'll know how annoying it is!!

reet sorry rant over

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKiryu

That's because a large majority of the population are hardwired to view others as competition and at the end of the day it's business, not friendship.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I get it too. If i ever complain about my life to them they act like they dont care.

Or they want me to do things for them. Reverse the tablee and they wont do anything for me

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSnow

It's a fair point, yet i always do my best to not be like that with the people i know and care about. I just get sick of people treating me that way tho.

Suppose people don't always feel the same way tho.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

Yeah thats exactly the way it is for me as well, if I ask them for anything at all I just get look and not a responce.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
They complain in hopes of appealing to your "better side, good side, woe is me side". This is an attempt at coercion. Changing your mind to get what they want at your expense. Next time, just repeat after me: "I don't give in to your wanting my energy, you suck me like a vampire without offering me anything in return. You only speak to me in hopes of gaining power over me, begone with you, demon, I am though with you."

If that doesn't work, then just tell them the economy is bad and you were just about to ask them for the same thing they are asking of/for you.

This tends to weed out the suckers in my life. Sometimes you have to get rude, and start a bill.

Lets see here Jameson, on the 4th of October you borrowed this amount of money, this item, blah blah blah. In good conscience I cannot help you anymore until I am compensated for all that you have taken from me; my time, my things, my sanity. Then quote either a decent number, or one that is over $50 dollars. This should make them flee, or get you what is owed, one way or another...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Sociopathic tendencies.

Sociopaths judge the value of other people based on what can be aquired from them. If they can't use you, or aquire something from you, you are of no value to them. Just look to our government. They are prime examples of sociopathic behavior.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You really should rant a little more.
The initial rant was a little weak.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Everyone needs a small number of real friends you can discuss personal matters with. I have mine, a really small circle and at times I'd prefer to make others acquaintances. I don't know or care if it would be considered mean to kind of cut certain people off, but it sure is logical..less friends, less problems.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I sympathize! There are people who call that make me not even want to answer the phone when I see their name and number on the caller I.D. because I know they want something. Heck, if they didn't want something they wouldn't be calling! Lord forbid that they should ever pick up the phone or stop by just to say hello and to ask how things are going.

I've been learning to "just say NO' a lot more. If I only hear from them when they want something from me then they are not true friends and I need not feel any guilt for refusing. It has been liberating!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I agree with you. Anyway, because of my ocupation my friend circle is strange. For me to go anywhere on my usual routes and not have friends around is rare. I dont really have any close friends but i have a ton of umm...acquaintances. i go to a bar where i live, i knoe everyone in there. I go to jersey, got friends who would even loan money. Go to kentucky, theres this girl that i always flirt with. mexican friends in LA that i barbeque with, etc. hell one time i went to a truckstop after switching jobs, asked for my fuel ticket for xxx company, girl looked at me all confused, said "hey i thought you worked at werner?" im kinda like yeah, until yesterday

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
IMO you ranted just enough... What you're currently going though I dealt with a few years back. I stopped answering the phone when the life suckers called and they started disappearing from my life. When you stop funding them with $, goods, sex, time, and/or emotion they move on since you are of no value anymore. I had a hard time accepting that people are really like that and that I was a target bc I'm a caregiver by nature and hate to see people in distress.

It is getting harder and harder to find real friends. My grandfather told me last year before he died that we're very very lucky if we have 5 true friends within our lifetime. It's kind of a sad thought, but from my observation people in general are very codependent of each other. I know people who can't stand being alone for more than an hour. I think people really can't stand themselves and are addicted to distraction and instant gratification, but that's just me.

I think if you're truly a happy content person you have no problem spending time alone. You don't NEED others around ALL the time. It's nice to really get to know yourself and spend time on solo persuites. This may not be a popular idea but it has done wonders for me.

One last thought: people only have as much power over you as you give them. If you allow it there are those that will chew you up, spit you out, drain you dry and kick you in the ribs on the way out. Sad but true. Doesn't matter if it's money or attention, these things will affect us negatively. Healthy relationships have GIVE and TAKE and a healthy dose of unconditional love.

I hope you are strong enough to free yourself from the leeches... You'll feel much better.

new topics

top topics

join