It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My wife experienced missing time last night

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Something woke her up at 1:47AM, wide awake. She went into her son's room to check on him (which she usually does) and came back to our bedroom. She told me the time was suddenly 3:55AM. I was awoken to her in a worried state telling me two hours had passed, while it felt like 30 seconds had passed. She said she had felt weird and that everything was strange.

Before I left for work this morning my wife was telling me how unusually tired she was, even though we slept for the same period of time we usually do.

I wanted to share this with somebody, and the only people I could think of were my friends on ATS...

Thanks for reading!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Could be anything, buddy. All it is, is concious memory - she could have had just slept straight away once her head was down and not noticed, and then when she awoke it alarmed her because normaly it takes a few seconds/minutes to go to sleep.

It happens to me weekly when I put my faith in my self and not the snooze button

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by n00bUK
she could have had just slept straight away once her head was down and not noticed, and then when she awoke it alarmed her because normaly it takes a few seconds/minutes to go to sleep.

This was the first thing I asked her, and did so several times to get a clearer picture of what happened. She was convinced she did not go back to sleep, because she was sitting up in bed when she saw the time, just after coming back from her son's room.

Of course it's a possibility, but she seems pretty sure she was awake the whole time.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Is she taking anti-depressants, or has she recently started taking a different med? Also, if the answer is no, I daresay that women often don't tell their husbands "everything" and I have discovered firsthand multiple instances of women doing drugs that their boyfriend/husband believed vehemently that their lady would never do. That includes everything from nicotine to Xanax. Hope I haven't offended you with this suggestion and I hope your lady is in good health now and in the future.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dmorgan
Something woke her up at 1:47AM, wide awake. She went into her son's room to check on him (which she usually does) and came back to our bedroom. She told me the time was suddenly 3:55AM. I was awoken to her in a worried state telling me two hours had passed, while it felt like 30 seconds had passed. She said she had felt weird and that everything was strange.

Before I left for work this morning my wife was telling me how unusually tired she was, even though we slept for the same period of time we usually do.

I wanted to share this with somebody, and the only people I could think of were my friends on ATS...

Thanks for reading!

She thought she woke up at 1:47 when more likely it was 3:47 she then checked on your son came back did a double take at the 3:55 because her not yet awakened mind read the clock as 1:47 confusion set in.

But logically she took not even 10 minutes to go check on your child it was 3:47 and woke up even more but was stunned by her miss-identified time when it only moved forward 8 minutes to 3:55. In reality she just had a brain glitch or blurry eyes which also kept her awake after that point and made her miss possibly another 2 hours of sleep, thus making her feel more tired.

Nothing really paranormal here now maybe if she woke it was dark out the next thing it was light or if she disappeared or if she has seen the clock at 3:55 and it was then 1:47...Or it was Aliens...
edit on 8-11-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

That statement made me smile that is why we're here.

I have to unglue my butt from this chair but what you said is very interesting. I experienced something a week or two ago where I lost a few minutes and I have a witness.

I was talking with my girlfriend about our plans for the evening. We were going to catch a movie so I told her she better get her booty moving or we were going to be late. She went to the bathroom to finish applying her paint and I glanced at the clock on my desk. It was 5:55 I see repeating numbers everywhere too but that's another oddity or maybe it's related I don't know.

I told her it was happening again because she is one of the few people I talk to about this stuff. So she stepped out of the bathroom to look at the clock and it was 5:58.

Okay I can understand if it switched to 5:56 but it didn't take over two minutes for her to walk ten feet....it just didn't!

Some people will say it's a faulty clock or something and that's okay if you don't want to believe. I'm not here to change your mind it's just a place to share thoughts and experiences. Right?

Something is out of whack - time, weather and sometimes it seems even gravity is wrong. I have no idea what is causing these things if it's natural or the government is messing with something they shouldn't be messing with but something is happening.

All I can say is you're not alone and it's scary and exciting. Maybe one day we'll find out what is going on.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
You may want to sleep with one eye open for awhile. Or you might wake up to this.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
First thing you should do is check for bodily scars, on both you and your wife. This typically is only useful if you check yourselves daily, so you can be be reasonably confident about when various scars appeared. It's a trick that repeat-abductees use. But even without daily checks it's still a good idea.

Has this, or anything "paranormal" happened to either of you in the past? If not, it's most likely coincidence. But you never know... it's a bizarre universe out there, with a wide range of different inhabitants.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Son of Will because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by dmorgan

How far away is the "cute neighbor" house? Did she seem to be out of breath?

Sorry to go here, but it can be an option.....

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Ambien does some STRANGE stuff

I'm with the poster that said she probably woke up at 3:47 thinking it was 1:47 (add in that she may have spent a bit too much time on ATS that day reading about time slips)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

You're theory does seem to be the most likely explanation for this particular incident.

The mind does have a way of fooling you now and again. If there is anything out of the ordinary that happens in the future or if she can recall anything else strange then this may need to be re-evaluated, but most likely everything is fine.

In short, nothing to worry about too much....yet.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Osiris1953 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Have you considered that she never actually woke up and just dreamt that she woke up? I do it all the time. I wake from a dream, get up, go and do some routine stuff and then everything suddenly goes all wierd and then I think am I dreaming? And then I wake up in a pool of sweat from the crazy dream I had about the crazy dream I had.

Occasionally this dream within a dream has been a dream within a dream within a dream.

Alternatively, she genuinely experienced a time slip. The mind boggles.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Just wondering if your wife has recalled any weirdness beyond the obvious. If you can give us an update please, even if it's mundane.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Ambien does some STRANGE stuff

I'm with the poster that said she probably woke up at 3:47 thinking it was 1:47 (add in that she may have spent a bit too much time on ATS that day reading about time slips)

You're laughing at your first statement, but it really isn't a laughing matter. Just google Ambien and sleepwalking and you will be horrified at some of the stories. I know someone who died from such an event.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
She probably did.
The artificially created timelines are being converged into 2 timelines and some glitches are occuring.

I myself saw a glitch last week. My cat was in two places at the same time. One was coming towards me on the uppper landing at a barrrel of knots, as I was going upstairs and nearly bumped into me.
The other one was a peaceful one on my youngest's bed.

What was interesting, was that I could see MY cat and my youngest but my youngest could see me and only HER cat.
Until the cat jumped off the bed and laid on the rug between us, which we both saw.

I wrote a thread on Timeline changes and why they were necessary.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wouldn't worry, only if you can see marks on her body under a UV light, would I say worry.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Take a sheet of scratch paper.

Draw the clock hands of 1:47
next
Draw the clock hands of 3:55

Now, take them to the bathroom mirror and what do you see?

.yawflah ylno tub sdrawkcab sgniht gniees ekil s'tI

I do it a lot when I just wake up.

The other day though, I went to bed about 6AM and got up startled to see it was 2:30 PM (WAY oversleeping for me.) I jumped out of bed, bright-eyed and bushy tailed as usual. Worked on my computer for roughly 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Checked the clock. It was 9:30 AM.

edit on 8/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

That's a good point and reminds me to ask the OP, was it a digital clock?

It does make a difference.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
When your wife was out of bed did she do anything else? Go to the bathroom? Get a drink? Not that it would take 2 hours to do these thing but it would help to build a timeline of events. Did the son see his mom?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
I once experienced something like that when I was seven years old.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join