It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Chief: 3,000 Deaths in Jihad on Christians

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   

ARMY CHIEF: 3,000 DEATHS IN JIHAD ON CHRISTIANS

www.wnd.com

The Islamic jihadist group Boko Haram has inflicted approximately 3,000 deaths in Nigeria, a top army official in the African nation claims.

Nigerian Army Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika has given the first official estimate of toll by Boko Haram since it began its terrorist attacks in 2009, according to the Nigerian daily newspaper This Day.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 8/11/12 by masqua because: All Caps in title

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
So this appears to be over a 3 year period. 1000 estimated per year in just this area alone.

The same brothers, from the same heritage, just different religion... It's beyond comprehensible. Same with #es vs Shia, same religion just different sect's.

We don't see this happening in North America, or Europe (as in large of numbers). Is it due to lack of policing or education? Mixture? Poverty, with nothing much to lose?

www.wnd.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Some are better off NOT inheriting other religion.

This probably never happened if they stuck to their tribal religion, instead they "chose" Christianity and Muslim.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Yay for the religion of peace!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Very tragic.

I am under the impression the continuous conflict is the result of a combination of reasons and or differences.

I find it interesting and mildly amusing that the West or other nations have not taken as active of interest in this conflict even though it shares many similarities to those happening in Syria.

Ironic no?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Yay for the religion of peace!

[/quote

No Abrahamic religion is a religion of peace

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I find it interesting and mildly amusing that the West or other nations have not taken as active of interest in this conflict even though it shares many similarities to those happening in Syria.

Ironic no?

The funny thing about that is if the West did, I'm more than certain many here would scream about more Zionist/West warmongering imperialism.....

The sad fact is that there is probably an ancient cultural/tribal rivalry between the two groups involved and as had already been mentioned earlier one side just so happens to be Christians and the others Muslim. Had the tribes religious status been in reverse there would probably have been Muslims being killed. [We'll never know]

Ancient tribal rivalry is presently causing the vast majority of casualties over in Libya in the out lining tribal belts...

Should the West get involved there too?

Oh Wait never mind....

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

too true Slayer.

In my opinion, it has been the case for last couple of decades of violence in the African continent, that the West/Impearlist powers had nothing they deemed valuable enough to bother going in.

Thus they allow the conflict to rage on.

Now, if Apples rare earth mineral mines were threatened as a result. We could very well see politicians condemning the persecution of the Christians….

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I guess the point I was trying to make is whether the West is involved or not these things still happen. Regardless of whether the West takes action or not. Libya or Nigeria makes no difference.

Also, People in the Modern world and esp from the West will never solve the Sunni and Shiite issue. That pretty much comes down to those two working it out amongst themselves.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Ahh i see. A inherent sociological/cultural issue that will continue to be present regardless of any foreign involvement.

My comment would be, all conflicts should have an end....should....hopefully?....maybe....How long has this stuff been going on again...

Opps made myself sad

Edit to say: I am still a firm believer that "Time" will heal all wounds. I dont believe this is naive belief as give a issue enough time, it is literally lost and becomes inconsequential over the course of our present and future history. However, I cannot blame legitimate parties from trying to speed up the process.
edit on 8-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I actually can't see the West staying out of this business once they have sorted out the ME!

One at a time people..... one at a time.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
It's because of very little education and poverty. Most of the 'militants' are hired by warlords who promise them food/accommodation in return for working for them.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Good luck getting anyone to care at ATS.

You can't do any wrong if you are a Muslim...
You are stupid and deserve to die if you are a Christian.

That is what I see predominately here. I don't agree with that, but so many seem to see it that way.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Nope, Most of us think all lives are equal. Its only when religious hatred try to bully another religion and its people, while putting themselves and their religion on pedestal.

1 Billion Muslim must be bad people, lets bomb them?

The factor here is religion being forced into them. These people look the same except, one was taught by christian missionary and others were Muslim "missionaries".
edit on 11/8/2012 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

I see a lot of members here that play apologists for the Muslims that mistreat women and execute people that own a Bible.
I know that not all Muslims do this sort of thing, but it does happen. there is no good reason to either support it or pretend that it doesn't happen.
There happens to be a lot of religion bashing on ATS, but the overwhelming amount of it is directed at Christians.

1 Billion Muslim must be bad people, lets bomb them?

Not sure where this comes in. I'd be okay with bombing a lot of people, but I wouldn't single out Muslims as a whole. ( I'm thinking that people that cut in line would be a good place to start)

edit on 8-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Edit to say: I am still a firm believer that "Time" will heal all wounds. I dont believe this is naive belief as give a issue enough time, it is literally lost and becomes inconsequential over the course of our present and future history.

Sometimes Time does heal all wounds. Germany and Japan for example [Caused Millions of Deaths] pretty much have great relationships with their neighbors in the modern world. The US dropped two nukes on Japan and they became a strong US Allie. Germany invaded Russia and the two presently have been developing strong economic and cultural ties. However, some countries still hold onto bitter resentments.

The US/UK carried operation ajax in Iran and reinstalled the Shah and the Iranians will not let it go. Many North Koreans still don't trust Japan etc etc etc

However, I cannot blame legitimate parties from trying to speed up the process.

Sunni/Shiite?
Arab/Persian?
West/East?

Speed up what process and how?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Very tragic.

Most definately.

I am under the impression the continuous conflict is the result of a combination of reasons and or differences.

As indeed I am.
Not everything is as clear cut and black and white as some seem to think.

Nigeria is riddled with conflict.

Boko Harem are Muslim extremists who receive a lot of their funding from other Salafists / Wahhabists.

They are opposed to other Muslim groups in Nigeria and it is rumoured that they have welcomed known criminals etc into their organisation.

Interesting yes, but hardly amusing.

To be fair, 'the west' is pretty much in a no win situation - involve themselves and be accused of neo-colonialism and interfering because of it's oil deposits etc or don't involve themselves and be accused of hypocrisy, double standards, blah blah blah.

As well intentioned that it was just look at what happened in Somalia etc when 'the west' got involved.
Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should just sit back and let Africa descend into non-stop tribal / racial / religious warfare etc but 'we' have to make sure 'we' don't repeat the mistakes 'we' made in the Middle East and elsewhere.

Ironic no?

On so many levels and in so many ways.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

The sad fact is that there is probably an ancient cultural/tribal rivalry between the two groups involved and as had already been mentioned earlier one side just so happens to be Christians and the others Muslim. Had the tribes religious status been in reverse there would probably have been Muslims being killed. [We'll never know]

Ancient tribal rivalry is presently causing the vast majority of casualties over in Libya in the out lining tribal belts...

Should the West get involved there too?

Oh Wait never mind....

Religion is used in the Middle East and Africa for some very non-religious agendas. One group wants control in another region all they need to do is make it a religious matter to justify it when religion has nothing really to do with it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Religion is used in the Middle East and Africa for some very non-religious agendas. One group wants control in another region all they need to do is make it a religious matter to justify it when religion has nothing really to do with it.

That I have no doubt.

Now should the West get involved? A has already been mentioned numerous times: Damned if you do and Damned if you don't. Meanwhile, people are dying for this, that or the other....

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Horrible.

Reminds me of 1,000 Nigerians being killed by the Catholics, for witchcraft in the first few years of the new millennium.

To contradict the point I just made; I wish people would focus on the crime and stop misdirecting the conversation to a religious one.

We all know that all groups will try to retain power.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join