It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CHAT?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I'm not sure why, but why are people never chatting. I mean we have a perfectly good chat machine built into the site, but no one uses it?

I'll log onto ATS, scroll down to chat and read the words " there currently are no members logged into chat.

So starting now whenever I am on ATS I will open the chat window and wait for someone to come and visit me.

Now, as always, I will be at the "pub"

XAOS *hiccup*

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I hate to chat in there..I get lost as the brain doesn't work that fast and I type too slow

If it's like one or two people I'm ok..more then that...I'm like wtf? who were they saying that too...etc..
But hey, I go every now and then...so I might see ya sometime..
Magestica

posted on May, 1 2003 @ 02:06 PM
link   
dont worry with current levels of chat room population there will only be one or two people in there.

XAOS

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 08:59 AM
link   
We should have a special chat session. Say on sunday's at 9PM GMT. So everybody can join, Americans, Europeans and even Australians if they go out of bed early and can be online on a monday morning...

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Has the chatroom been updated? If not i don't know that it could handle a scheduled chat with many people. Last time there was alot of people in the room it really slowed it down and got buggy, started kicking people etc. But if the its been moved to a new server and can handle it then its a great idea.....
Theres great potential and possibility for the chat room, its a shame not many people make use of it.

I'm in there whenever i'm at ATS, although it might take me a while to acknowledge another visitor's presence if i'm immersed in reading posts. Is there any chance of bringing the timestamp back as members think i'm being rude and ignoring them?

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 09:57 AM
link   
The chat software was slow because of the old web hosting structure. Now, as with all of ATS, it's on a new server and has more CPU, memory, and bandwidth than it needs. Most of you remember the lag associated with the chat room in the past, especially when there were several members chatting, that pain has been alleviated. The chat room has always been one of my favorite pieces of ATS! I've been terribly busy the past month or so but plan to join you all again soon.

What�s even better is its integration with the XMB member database. You have to be a registered ATS forum member to chat. This prevents the spammers, hackers, and general evildoers from messing up a good chat! If you have been discouraged in the past from chatting, I urge you to give it another go!

(and a big thanks is owed to William - the chat room improvement has been all him)

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Hey levie!!

You're still alive!

Where wore you all those months man!

Good to have you back

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
well if somebody is in there i ussually pop in!!

posted on May, 2 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
One if the things about going in only if someones in there means that often people who want to chat will wait for someone else to enter, and no one will enter, all of them waiting on each other. You need to do things yourself not wait for someone else.

XAOS

top topics

join