It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite way to eat bacon or what do you eat it with?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

Looks delicious!!

My favorite thing to eat with crispy maple bacon is a blueberry bagel with cream cheese spread.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
The power of bacon? I ate like two pounds of ham... enough that I felt like I might possibly die for an hour afterwards - and yet this thread kept calling me back.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by obnoxiouschick
What's your favorite way to eat bacon

With a side of angioplasty.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Bacon's enough reason for reincarnating ,never mind the "deeper" explanations:-) just Bacon.I like to fry it with diced chicken,lots of garlic,green,yellow+red bellpeppers+onion.It makes a Goodly topping for pizza and baked potatoes.For pasta,i make a cream sauce to add to this mix,a tomato+herb sauce is also excellent with bacon...bacon,lettuce and SWEET CHILI SAUCE..cheese+bacon burgers..diced and fried,it can be added to so many things,its that one guest that makes a party great just by showing up:-) Cool thread!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I don't get why bacon is unhealthy, it's protein and fat, the building blocs of tissue, it's worse to eat refined cabs.Any way I love bacon in every shape and form but my favorite why to eat it is to put it on barbecue to becomes little crispy,saute onions with soy sauce in a pan until they become caramelized .Then you take a bun slice it in half,spread it with kaymak (a high fat absolutely delicious milk cream),and put your crispy bacon and caramelized onions in it.Heaven.But I have some really bad news for my fellow bacon worshipers.edition.cnn.com...www.cbsnews.com...
Is it contradictory that I find pigs adorable?For gods sake I call my boyfriend a pig.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I put bacon, american cheese, and pickles on my hot dog. It's a Yankee Doodle.

Ewww I've heard scary stories from old timers and their bacon grease or ketchup sandwiches...yuck

edit on 8-11-2012 by MidnightSunshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

I can be down the street and smell bacon. I have many ways I like to eat it. My favorite way.....on a breakfast pizza.

I take a thin or hand tossed/large dough and coat the underside and edges with butter. I use cream gravy for the sauce. I start with cheese and make a border around the edges and a # pattern of cheese in the middle from edge to edge, then I place 6-9 eggs (sunny side, raw) in the boxes (#), sprinkle crumbled sausage and diced ham, diced onions and green peppers, topped with bacon crumbles. This recipe calls for a cookie sheet, oven baked @ 450 degrees for about 14 minutes or until the eggs are glazed over. I would post a picture but don't have one handy. Never seen anyone make it other than me. Variations, but not the way I make it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by adnachiel21

Too much saturated fat. Moderation is key though and how well you cook it and drain it, will limit it. Many things are unhealthy when cooked in different ways and excessively eaten.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

From now on I will put bacon in every thread title!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
For those who always try to eat in a healthier way,there's still no reason to avoid bacon,here's a tip:cut a small to medium BUTTERNUT in halves+cook as normal.Scoop out some flesh of the b/nut and mix with fried onion,peppers+lots of diced bacon,and top with grated mature cheddar.I use thinly sliced babymarrow instead of peppers sometimes,also btw,fried ground beef is excellent for this, if you're out of bacon,God forbid :-D

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I love Angels on Horseback (bacon wrapped oysters). I also like water chestnuts and chicken livers wrapped together with bacon. I am salivating and thinking when can I make them. Now I will be dreaming of them all night!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I also put chopped bacon inside and whole bacon laid over top of 'pigs in the blanket'--Stuffed cabbage

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Yes you heard right. I grew up poor and when my parents would leave my brother and I would fry bread in left over bacon fat and also fry up any potato peelings. We would make cool-aid out of flavored gelatin and make cookies by buttering saltine crackers and sprinkling them with cinnamon and sugar. But for a special desert we would sop up the bacon grease and sprinkle with sugar and feast.

edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Bacon and cabbage..... This thread is going to kill me! Time to head back to the kitchen.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Yummy, crispy bacon on grilled sourdough bread, melted sharp cheddar cheese , avacado, and tomato...touch of salt and pepper, and spicey mustard.....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
opps
edit on 9-11-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Back Bacon on Toast or White bread with Brown sauce on preferably HP Yummy.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
There's only 2 ways to eat bacon in this country - and that's a Full English:

Or a bacon sarny.

Each accompanied with a CUPPA TEA and HP BROWN SAUCE

Now you are talking My mouths watering

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferryman

Originally posted by Sinny
There's only 2 ways to eat bacon in this country - and that's a Full English:

Or a bacon sarny.

Each accompanied with a CUPPA TEA and HP BROWN SAUCE

Now you are talking My mouths watering

That's an interesting looking plate of food...
.......never really would have thought of beans with breakfast....the small grilled tomato is a great idea.....the sausage , not so sure...lol...picky about my sausage......

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Who cares? Bacon is awesome eat it with anything!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join