It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's your favorite way to eat bacon or what do you eat it with?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
reply to post by Hefficide

If you ever come in Quebec

order a Poutine with Bacon

OMG, I think that looks soooooooo good, I am going to go make some fries, shred some Wisconsin cheddar and fry some bacon, I just cant stop looking at those pics. I gots to get me some bacon fries and cheese in my mouth before I start eating the laptop.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

I don't really measure anything. Just mix in about a cup of of cheddar with about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 cups of sour cream. A pack of ranch dip and REAL...I can't stress that enough REAL bacon bits. Put as much or as little as you want. Enjoy the artery clogging goodness that is bacon and cheddar bacon dip.

Thanks
I'm guessing this is warmed up to melt the cheese right?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

LOL. That made my mouth water instantly. I kinda feel like Pavlov's dog right now......

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

If you ever come in Quebec

order a Poutine with Bacon

Ok those pics are really awesome.
I knew bacon could get my mind off of all the political crap of this week.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I like to stuff peppered bacon inside of my fresh caught Trout along with lemon and a few slices of jalapeno and set the oven on broil. After the fish is all gone, the bacon makes for a nice follow up with awesome flavor.
Or a BBT does the trick Bacon, Bacon, and Tomato.
edit on 11/8/1212 by 1MrMarc because: had to add photo of dinner

edit on 11/8/1212 by 1MrMarc because: (no reason given)

link   
Naked.

link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick

No it's actually shredded cheddar. You can eat it right away if you want but I make it the day before and refrigerate it. The flavors accentuate each other when you do it in advance.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Now, not sure if this kind of thing is what you are going for or not... but you can use bacon fat in cookies. It actually ads some reallllly good flavor. Google search for bacon fat used in cookies

Also, since it is fall and the butternut squash is in season.... try cutting the squash in half, scooping out the seeds, baking in a 375 oven until nice and soft, baste the squash with a butter/brown sugar (or maple syrup) mixture, being sure to add some extra to the cavity where the seeds were and then adding.....crispy bacon bits............ pardon me while I go wipe the drool from my chin.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I love bacon with my pancakes. This way, I get syrup soaked bacon to enjoy.

My wife always makes more bacon than we need for pancakes so I have leftover bacon to make sandwiches with. I make a simple sandwich with toast, mustard and bacon.

Love it!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
This might be too healthy for this thread but I wrap water chestnuts with bacon and secure it with a toothpick and bake it in the oven ! And you can wrap bacon around sea scallops also !! I'm from Quebec and bacon on poutine is a staple in our house !!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by azbowhunter

if your lucky enough to have left over bacon .... I usually don't. It sorta disappears.
Bacon just makes the sandwich.... of course I'm still wondering if that holds true for peanut butter & jelly.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
This might be too healthy for this thread but I wrap water chestnuts with bacon and secure it with a toothpick and bake it in the oven ! And you can wrap bacon around sea scallops also !! I'm from Quebec and bacon on poutine is a staple in our house !!

I was raised in the south where the words ' healthy' and 'bacon' are never ever used in the same sentence.

But I can attest to the scrumptiousness of bacon wrapped water chestnuts. I have used them in the past as an appetizer for dinner parties... or just, well.... because there's bacon involved and I managed to convince myself that it would be an acceptable entree for dinner because you get your meat and veg in one nice neat wad of heaven that seems to make even the worst day a little more bearable.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Here's one for ya, Heff you may like this.

Take a package of little smokies, you know those little cocktail weines. Wrap them in bacon, then roll them in brown sugar, tooth pick through them and bake in the oven till the bacon is done. Serve with the sauce of choice.

This one I got from a friend a few years ago. Cans of whole water chestnuts, wrap in bacon and roll in brown sugar, again toothpick and bake till bacon is done. Serve with sauce of choice. She served it with a horseradish sauce that was awesome just a little bit on the sweet side.
edit on 11/8/2012 by lonegurkha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
First I start with a few strong alcoholic beverages so I get the drunk munchies.

cook up some french fries take them out about 5 minutes before the time is up (set aside till later)
grease a baking pan
cover bottom with "fully cooked" packaged bacon (1 to 2 strips thick)
in a bowl combine cheese of your choice with the precooked french fries
put about half of your cheese/french fry mixture ontop of the bacon
add a thin (or thick) layer of sour cream
add ar layer of crsipy bacon over the sour cream
cover the sour cream with the other half of your french/cheese mixture
then top with cheddar cheese
and you guessed it more bacon
i put mine in the over at 325 for about 25 minutes
switch it to broil and watch till the bacon starts browning then take it out, don t burn your bacon!
then me and my bro cut it up and eat it like a lasagna

edit on 8-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There's only 2 ways to eat bacon in this country - and that's a Full English:

Or a bacon sarny.

Each accompanied with a CUPPA TEA and HP BROWN SAUCE

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

Seriously Ben, if "poutine" ends up being Quebecois for "aged goat" - I'm still trying it! That looks GOOD!

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
First I start with a few strong alcoholic beverages so I get the drunk munchies.

cook up some french fries take them out about 5 minutes before the time is up (set aside till later)
grease a baking pan
cover bottom with "fully cooked" packaged bacon (1 to 2 strips thick)
in a bowl combine cheese of your choice with the precooked french fries
put about half of your cheese/french fry mixture ontop of the bacon
add a thin (or thick) layer of sour cream
add ar layer of crsipy bacon over the sour cream
cover the sour cream with the other half of your french/cheese mixture
then top with cheddar cheese
and you guessed it more bacon
i put mine in the over at 325 for about 25 minutes
then me and my bro cut it up and eat it like a lasagna

edit on 8-11-2012 by zonetripper2065 because: (no reason given)

Seriously trying to picture this in my head.
I wanna see it. Please !!
Do us a great favor and snap a pic and post the next time you make it.
And no drunk unfocused shots.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I loved bacon, until not too long ago i noticed how very similar it looked to the palm of my hand, since then i cant go near it, still love the smell though when my husband is cooking it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Have they perfected bacon ice-cream yet?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedShirt73
Have they perfected bacon ice-cream yet?

Yes I think Heff said he tried it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join