What's your favorite way to eat bacon or what do you eat it with?

page: 1
31
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I love cooking.
I love bacon.
I do a large number of meals with bacon, cause it's just makes everything perfect.
Bacon on burgers, turkey clubs, loaded baked potatoes, salad, clams casino, wrapped up on anything really.
So my question... it is great alone but what do you normally eat it with?
Just eggs - if I had to guess that would be the most common answer.

I don't eat fried eggs but I do eat omelets.
So here is my favorite companion to bacon ....HOME FRIES.
And this is the batch I made this morning.


My own version :
diced boiled potatoes
chopped chives
Mrs Dash (table blend)
skillet cooked with coconut oil

Of course I have to try to not eat all of it before the bacon and omelet get done.




posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick
 


I wrap a wad of bacon with more bacon. I fry the bacon wrapped bacon wad in bacon grease and dip it in a cheddar/bacon sauce.
BACON



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Im predicting Heff will come in this thread in
5
4
3
2....


hey Heff nice to see you again mate


returning to the topic .. when i make huge tomato pasta sauce
i cook a bit of bacon first with hashed meat
with a bit of garlic and 1 full ognion .. then put a bit of mapple syrop
im doing one sauce today to make a lasagna with it

damn those things take a lot of time to make .. lots of dishes to wash
but at the end .. it worth it


btw you HOME FRIES LOOKS DELICIOUSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
can i have some


need to stop staring at your pic in the op

SNF
edit on 11/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick
 


I like to eat every kind of bacon that is baked or fried. In salads, with potatoes, with biscuits and gravy mixed with crushed bacon and fried potatoes ( OMG this is the best), on cheese burgers.

Honestly, I couldnt even name all the ways I love the stuff, it would be easier just to name the couple I dont.

Boiled...yuck. steamed...well lets just say the thoughts either of these bring dont belong in a thread about such a mouth watering food.

SnF OP, cant wait to see what youand others have to say about GODs gift to the cooking world, bacon has to be one of my top 5 tastiest foods I have ever tasted!



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by obnoxiouschick
 


I wrap a wad of bacon with more bacon. I fry the bacon wrapped bacon wad in bacon grease and dip it in a cheddar/bacon sauce.
BACON


I need that bacon/cheddar sauce right now to smother my home fries with.

Thanks .... now I'm going through my fridge seeing how much cheese I have.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Did someone say "bacon"... like eighteen alarms just went off in my house. Is this a drill????



~Heff



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Did someone say "bacon"... like eighteen alarms just went off in my house. Is this a drill????



~Heff


No not a drill

the bacon king has arrived?



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by obnoxiouschick
 


I wrap a wad of bacon with more bacon. I fry the bacon wrapped bacon wad in bacon grease and dip it in a cheddar/bacon sauce.
BACON


Try catfish chopped into about 1 inch squares, with bacon wrapped around it, and a toothpick stuck through to hold it all together, then deep fry. Then dip in cheddar cheese.

I dont even like fish, but this is simply amazing!



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Did someone say "bacon"... like eighteen alarms just went off in my house. Is this a drill????



~Heff




please .. you need to take pictures of everything that you cook with bacon
and make a thread
edit on 11/8/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben81
 


Me? I'm a vegan.



~Heff



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick
 


I have 2 favorite ways to eat bacon

The first is the BLT sandwich (bacon, lettuce, tomato) on whole wheat bread toasted with some mayo.

The second way is; sometimes when I make potato salad; I will fry up some crisp bacon; let it drain and cool; crumble it and toss it in the potato salad. Also...before I toss the salad with mayo; I put the mayo in a bowl and pour in just a little bit of bacon grease ...stir... and then toss the salad with the mayo. It is delicious!



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by XLR8R
reply to post by obnoxiouschick
 


I wrap a wad of bacon with more bacon. I fry the bacon wrapped bacon wad in bacon grease and dip it in a cheddar/bacon sauce.
BACON


Try catfish chopped into about 1 inch squares, with bacon wrapped around it, and a toothpick stuck through to hold it all together, then deep fry. Then dip in cheddar cheese.

I dont even like fish, but this is simply amazing!


I eat a lot of fish. But it would be hard to get catfish around here. If I ever do get some I'll have to try it.
Sounds pretty tasty.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Ben81
 


Me? I'm a vegan.



~Heff


vegan and bacon is like white/black , heaven/hell , ying/yang, SO/Springer
both dont mix ahah


Did you ever tried the bacon flavored ice cream ?
i like bacon .. but i have my limits

DO YOU ?



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
To be on topic... bacon wrapped filet, bacon strips, bacon bits in my salad, bacon sammiches, bacon in beans, bacon stuffed chicken breasts, bacon omelette...

And, yes Ben, I've had bacon ice cream and it's good - though I prefer Ben and Jerry's chocolate anything at all!

~Heff



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by obnoxiouschick
 


I have 2 favorite ways to eat bacon

The first is the BLT sandwich (bacon, lettuce, tomato) on whole wheat bread toasted with some mayo.

The second way is; sometimes when I make potato salad; I will fry up some crisp bacon; let it drain and cool; crumble it and toss it in the potato salad. Also...before I toss the salad with mayo; I put the mayo in a bowl and pour in just a little bit of bacon grease ...stir... and then toss the salad with the mayo. It is delicious!


Ok now I'm getting some great ideas.
I make potato salad on a regular basis so I'll try adding the bacon next time. I'm pretty fanatical about potato salad it can only be real mayo it has to be Hellmans no low fat crap at all.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide
 


If you ever come in Quebec

order a Poutine with Bacon







posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Bacon crispy salty
with: Eggs over easy and sliced tomatoes with salt and pepper.
I know this will send me the grave early...but it is SOOOOOO goood!



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

returning to the topic .. when i make huge tomato pasta sauce
i cook a bit of bacon first with hashed meat
with a bit of garlic and 1 full ognion .. then put a bit of mapple syrop
im doing one sauce today to make a lasagna with it

damn those things take a lot of time to make .. lots of dishes to wash
but at the end .. it worth it


btw you HOME FRIES LOOKS DELICIOUSSSSSS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
can i have some


need to stop staring at your pic in the op

SNF


ok give me some lasagna and I'll ship some home fries your way.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by obnoxiouschick
 


I don't really measure anything. Just mix in about a cup of of cheddar with about 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 cups of sour cream. A pack of ranch dip and REAL...I can't stress that enough REAL bacon bits. Put as much or as little as you want. Enjoy the artery clogging goodness that is bacon and cheddar bacon dip.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional
 


I know...I use walleye though. But catfish is great too. Made a bacon log for Christmas a couple of years back. We all had to bring something that was out of the ordinary so I made the log using this method.

Bacon Weaving
edit on 8-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)





new topics
top topics
 
31
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join