It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you communicate? I can Drums, Piano, English, German, Human, and more! U2

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
As I sit here listening to Chopin's "Raindrops" I always picture the day that Chopin wrote this song. Frederic Chopin wrote this song while visiting Majorca. He ended up having a horrible time listening to the sounds of the rain drops and his sadness turned vast.:

A notable episode in their time together was a turbulent and miserable winter on Majorca (8 November 1838 to 13 February 1839), where they, together with Sand's two children, had gone in the hope of improving Chopin's deteriorating health. However, after discovering the couple were not wedded, the deeply religious people of Majorca became inhospitable,[citation needed] making accommodations difficult to find; this compelled the foursome to take lodgings in a scenic yet stark and cold former Carthusian monastery in Valldemossa.
Chopin also had problems having his Pleyel piano sent to him. It arrived from Paris on 20 December but was held up by customs. (Chopin wrote on 28 December: "My piano has been stuck at customs for 8 days... They demand such a huge sum of money to release it that I can't believe it.") In the meantime Chopin had a rickety rented piano on which he practiced and may have composed some pieces.
On 3 December, he complained about his bad health and the incompetence of the doctors in Majorca: "I have been sick as a dog during these past two weeks. Three doctors have visited me. The first said I was going to die; the second said I was breathing my last; and the third said I was already dead."
On 4 January 1839, George Sand agreed to pay 300 francs (half the demanded amount) to have the Pleyel piano released from customs. It was finally delivered on 5 January. From then on Chopin was able to use the long-awaited instrument for almost five weeks, time enough to complete some works: some Preludes, Op. 28; a revision of the Ballade No. 2, Op. 38; two Polonaises, Op. 40; the Scherzo No. 3, Op. 39; the Mazurka in E minor from Op. 41; and he probably revisited his Sonata No. 2, Op. 35. The winter in Majorca is still considered one of the most productive periods in Chopin's life.

en.wikipedia.org...édéric_Chopin

This song is a communication effort, and actually a vibration (or snapshot) of what Chopin had felt as an expression transmitted from his mind, through his body and hands, to the piano keys, to the strings, then waves are created and transmitted, then the receivers translate and interpret. Which is a very long and many step process to express a feeling or communicate. As most verbal or vocal communication happens in 3-step process (beginning at the mind (the thought)), then speaking when waves are created, then someone receives and interprets the message. You can easily say "I am sad", or write it out. But, for some strange reason music makes us feel the same feelings that were intended to be felt at the time (or era) of the feelings.

Pianos and other musical instruments are a universal communication tool. Not the type of communication like "Hey Mom! Do we have any pop-tarts?" kind-of communication. Music can only express feelings and good music can create a beautiful play in one's mind which seems real. The music has helped hypnotize your state of mind and it speaks to you. You then take that information and create some sort of imaginary scene which could involve yourself acting out the feelings associated within the melody, or perhaps someone you know, or a person you simply imagine. You could be the leda character, or you could be an observer living through the hypnosis and actually seeing a deeper reflection and connection with the message so much, you want to hear that expression again and again. You start to know each note one by one-truly an amazing thing.

Point being, is that we can communicate with one another in a number of different fashions whether that is by using a vibration instrument, use body language (very universal too), use vocal languages or expressions, read a book, read a sign-or a sign with a universal object (a picture), or close our eyes and concentrate-we all have some very special capabilities that seem so natural to ourselves. We are also constantly involved in the communication process all day long. If every object in your home was white with nothing on it how would you know which box is the cereal or the laundry detergent? Life is neat.

edit on 8-11-2012 by samlf3rd because: edit

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Beautiful.

join