It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supports UN global gun ban less than 24 hours after reelection

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So let me get this right. Obama agrees to discuss international arms trades and the red necks think he's banning everyone in the word from owning a gun.

Wow. You think that's bad. Appparently next year he'll be involved in a UN debate on population - so obviously he wants to ban children too

And you wonder why the rest of the world laughs at America? Grow up. For the sake of us all!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

Accidents at a firing range...lmao. You crack me up.

BOO! *waves gun around and makes Holger piss himself*

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
ban guns?Im fine with that...just be sure to not exclude the Military and Police Force
highly unlikely though :/

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by kaylaluv

Hell, prove he wasn't. Guess we both get to wait and see, don't we!?

Well, the fact that he hasn't enacted a total gun ban in the four years he was in office proves he wasn't lying.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

No it proves he wanted to be re-elected.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

I believe that he addressed gun bans in the second of the Presidential debates.

He stated that he wants to have a new assault weapons ban.

The president also said that he would like to see an assault weapons ban reintroduced. The campaign and other Democrats have stayed away from the guns issue this campaign, even after the slaughter in the movie theater in Aurora, Colo. "Weapons designed for soldiers in war do not belong on our streets," Obama said.

ABC News

ETA: The quote about weapons designed for soldiers in war covers pretty much every weapon ever designed, you know?

edit on 8-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew
So let me get this right. Obama agrees to discuss international arms trades and the red necks think he's banning everyone in the word from owning a gun.

Wow. You think that's bad. Appparently next year he'll be involved in a UN debate on population - so obviously he wants to ban children too

And you wonder why the rest of the world laughs at America? Grow up. For the sake of us all!

I wouldn't laugh so hard...China has a 'one child policy' to control their population. What's to stop a US president from thinking this is a good idea and trying to pass a law himself?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

My thought as well , some people just don't get it !

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by badgerprints

Isn't global gun ban a good idea ?

Are you 12 years old? The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless.

aww poor baby, I bet the government just came in and took all your guns huh?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise

No its not. Gun ownership helps prevent governments from transforming into a TYRANNICAL BEAST !!

Yes, and that is exactly why we have THE RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS!!! It is the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution. Just tell me this... why oh why would a sitting president even be discussing a global ban on gun ownership??? He swore to UPHOLD the Constitution, not disregard it. This is outrageous. This is atrocious. This is NOT acceptable, no matter what you think about guns. It amounts to a sitting president breaking his oath of office, and dismissing the one thing he is required to ALWAYS do as president... uphold the Constitution of the United States of America. What is wrong with this crazy world?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by AndyMayhew

It's so stupid it burns -

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
If they do that I swear I'll have to resort to these types of weapons.

Lego's shelf's will be empty everywhere.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I can work with the thought of an entire gun ban - but - it would have to be global. Dismantle every damn killing weapon and utilise the scrap in other productive manners that do not include weaponry.

Next thought is how does the leader of one country enable a complete gun ban - globally ?????

Following thought was the fact that all the 'secret' weaponisation that occurs, all the weapons that we don't know about.

Hmmmm...I think about this as an hypothetical situation - no human on earth has access to a gun but the government/s have all their secret beam weaponry and invisibility cloaks and whatever else. That would mean humans would be completely vulnerable to the very powers that govern them.

If only we lived on a planet where there were no liars and lies and deceit and secrets and ....

Much Peace...I know it is out there somewhere waiting for us to embrace it with open hearts ...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Cops usually show up after the crime has been committed, and as we have seen cops are the biggest abusers of their power and authority. So excuse me if I'm smart enough to have a gun to protect my family. I trust myself way more than I trust any cop. You are just another tree hugger!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by new_here
why oh why would a sitting president even be discussing a global ban on gun ownership???

What a stupid claim, care to show us exactly where Obama is doing that?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Another thing. If someone really wanted to kill another person, them not having a gun isn't going to stop them. There are many other weapons out there that can kill. It all depends on the weilder not the weapon itself. I personally only use guns for recreation, so why should I be punished for a few bad eggs? If someone were to kill someone with a fork I bet some genius on here would make a post about how forks should be illegal. You people that want guns banned is exactly what they want. SHEEPLE WHO HAVE TO HAVE EVERYTHING SPOON FED TO THEM! GROW THE F##K UP!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by HolgerTheDane2

Are you 12 years old? The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless.

Isn't it about time we see documentation?

How many accidental shootings by husbands, wives, kids in the US, where a domestic gun was used?

How many people have succesfully defended themselves against criminals?

How many shooting incidents by disheartened people gone rogue?

How many "Columbine" type shootings.

How many conflicts have escalated because some idiot brandished a gun to make a point?

In short

How many defended themselves succesfully compaired to how many shouldn't have died but did because some "normal" person wanted a gun to defend himself.

You want documentation here you go. Some white hat accidently killing or wounding someone while defending himself or others is so rare you would be hard pressed to find an example much less an actual statistic anywhere near close to how many defend themselves with guns...

The facts are that 2.5 million people a year successfully defend themselves or others with guns! Armed citizens stop more crime then all law enforcement in the country combined! Usually because they are the intended victims. That is why 911 is called dial a prayer...

Most gun crime is gang related and on each other honest gun owners as a group have a lower crime rate then police.

* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day.1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.2

* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.3

* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.4

* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense

*According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.5

* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).6

And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."7

* Handguns are the weapon of choice for self-defense. Citizens use handguns to protect themselves over 1.9 million times a year.8 Many of these self-defense handguns could be labeled as "Saturday Night Specials."
B. Concealed carry laws help reduce crime... Read more: gunowners.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

But who will protect us from the police
. Reality is, if we did not have the right to own guns we would be under a monarchy.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by romney

aww poor baby, I bet the government just came in and took all your guns huh?

its funny that your response is just an insult. the person is right. and you know that and that's why you had nothing left to say but a childish remark. poor baby? I think you are the one who demonstrated who's brain is at infant level.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I believe that he addressed gun bans in the second of the Presidential debates.

He stated that he wants to have a new assault weapons ban.

The president also said that he would like to see an assault weapons ban reintroduced. The campaign and other Democrats have stayed away from the guns issue this campaign, even after the slaughter in the movie theater in Aurora, Colo. "Weapons designed for soldiers in war do not belong on our streets," Obama said.

ABC News

ETA: The quote about weapons designed for soldiers in war covers pretty much every weapon ever designed, you know?

edit on 8-11-2012 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

Yeah, so he doesn't like assault weapons. I don't either. I also don't think every Joe should have a nuclear missile either. Assault weapons and nuclear missiles are a little different than handguns and shotguns. Nowhere has Obama said he wants all guns in America to go away. Nowhere.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join