It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supports UN global gun ban less than 24 hours after reelection

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

Your name is UltraMarine and you think it is a good idea to have all civilians un-armed???

You must be the mess cook or something and not be allowed to handle weapons in the core because we all know that people hurt others and weapons don't do it on their own.

Having an armed populace is the only reason your not wearing a RFID tag soldier.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
reply to post by kaylaluv

I was sitting right here listening to the son-of-a-bitch lie, where do you think I was?

Prove he was lying.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Hell, prove he wasn't. Guess we both get to wait and see, don't we!?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by badgerprints

Isn't global gun ban a good idea ?

Are you 12 years old? The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless.

Isn't it about time we see documentation?

How many accidental shootings by husbands, wives, kids in the US, where a domestic gun was used?

How many people have succesfully defended themselves against criminals?

How many shooting incidents by disheartened people gone rogue?

How many "Columbine" type shootings.

How many conflicts have escalated because some idiot brandished a gun to make a point?

In short

How many defended themselves succesfully compaired to how many shouldn't have died but did because some "normal" person wanted a gun to defend himself.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

Yes, but apparently you don't want to discuss the real issue either, because THIS thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Which was put up prior to the thread you're posting in, and which was properly entitled and about what is going on has not been replied to by you, unless I've missed it. So maybe you would rather hang out over here and harp on a less-than-stellar title of a thread than have to discuss the real problem over this treaty.

edit on 11-8-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
*snip*.

Having an armed populace is the only reason your not wearing a RFID tag soldier.

In many countries people don't wear RFID tags - nor carry guns.

If you think your government would have you tagged if you didn't have guns, you and your fellow countrymen have voted for the wrong people in the past.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

Here you go...a few answers to some of your questions. From the Chicago Tribune of all places:

Owning guns saves lives

In actuality, multiple studies done by criminologists over the past three decades show that guns are used defensively--to thwart violent crimes--about 2.5 million times per year in the United States. Only one in every thousand (0.1 percent) of those defensive uses results in the death of the predator.

It goes on to discuss how rare accidental shootings are in the household and that you stepping off your local curb and being did in by a moving vehicle are much higher.

The recognition of gun rights by legislators in the 49 other states that accord law-abiding citizens the right to carry arms for the purpose of self defense have recognized the irrefutable truth that recognizing the right to own and use guns defensively actually saves thousands of lives.

articles.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

reply to post by badgerprints

Isn't global gun ban a good idea ?

Are you 12 years old? The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless.

I live in Canada. We have gun control ... and we've been fine with it. Infact, the US has 4 times the amount of gun related homicides than Canada does.

I think a ban on guns would be a good idea, however I can see the downside in terms of government control.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

reply to post by jjkenobi

The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless

We Civilians shouldn't possess guns . There are cops to protect us from Criminals . We cannot take law into our own hand .

Silly you! You do realize that the courts, including SCOTUS have ruled that police have no legal duty to protect individuals from crime. This is well settled law my friend.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanssuperman

And I respect your opinion to feel that way, and I respect that your country has decided the way it did. But the main point here is as follows:

You nor your country have a say in American citizens' gun rights.

big phat period

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by UltraMarine

lol Hardly. Guns aren't keeping the government from using RFID. In fact, they already are using them.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

And I respect your opinion to feel that way, and I respect that your country has decided the way it did. But the main point here is as follows:

You nor your country have a say in American citizens' gun rights.

big phat period

I can agree with that statement. I was only pointing out the fact that a community is safer with strict gun laws, and this is documented, statistical, fact.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

reply to post by jjkenobi

The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless

We Civilians shouldn't possess guns . There are cops to protect us from Criminals . We cannot take law into our own hand .

Surely you jest. I know, you never jest and don't call you Shirley. Really, you can get a pizza to your house faster than a policeman in most instances. Seems like the police are more into tazering 10 year olds than protecting us.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Canada only has 34 million people. America has ten times that. Your statistics mean gun crime in Canada is worse than America's.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec

Canada only has 34 million people. America has ten times that. Your statistics mean gun crime in Canada is worse than America's.

The statistics are based on per 100,000 people, not overall gun related homicides.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

reply to post by HolgerTheDane2

Here you go...a few answers to some of your questions. From the Chicago Tribune of all places:

Owning guns saves lives

In actuality, multiple studies done by criminologists over the past three decades show that guns are used defensively--to thwart violent crimes--about 2.5 million times per year in the United States. Only one in every thousand (0.1 percent) of those defensive uses results in the death of the predator.

Thank you. Nice to get at least one of the questions answered.

It goes on to discuss how rare accidental shootings are in the household and that you stepping off your local curb and being did in by a moving vehicle are much higher.

***snip***

Well done for not disclosing any number on the accidental shootings.

Cudos for pointing out that being hit by a moving vehicle is higher.
What was it in 2009?
3.500 dead pedestrians according to US statistics.
So how much is "much higher"? And does household include hunting accidents and accidents at a firing range?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
If they plan on taking guns from gun owners they better bring lots of men, and pack a lunch.

the whole concept of banning semi auto firearms is absurd, if they carry it out.. there will be blood.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by KaiserSoze

Its sad and pathetic to see your love for Guns . The same guns which kill innocent Souls . The same guns which were used in Mass Murder . A disciplined higher society believes in Rule of Law and prohibits guns from Civilian Hand .

Let's outlaw drugs so people can't get drugs anymore...oh wait...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Global gun ban?? LOLOLOLOLOL.. Good luck with that....

That would just create global civil war.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
So let me get this right. Obama agrees to discuss international arms trades and the red necks think he's banning everyone in the word from owning a gun.

Wow. You think that's bad. Appparently next year he'll be involved in a UN debate on population - so obviously he wants to ban children too

And you wonder why the rest of the world laughs at America? Grow up. For the sake of us all!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join