It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supports UN global gun ban less than 24 hours after reelection

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by SimonPeter

What age restriction would you set? We get ours around 10, and no one was hurt

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Gawd you mention gun restrictions or even gun and ban in the same sentence, they get their panties in a bunch.

Also it is pure BS..if you take the guns away then only criminals get the guns and leaves the law abiding citizens victims which is a pure and utter lie that is so lovingly spread by gun owners.

Canada, UK, Australia and maybe other countries have gun restrictions....show me the stats where these countries are being overrun with gun violence by criminals? Show me that these countries are being controlled by the criminal element? Show me the stats where these countrymen are running and hiding in fear daily due to the lack of guns in their hands? I don't know about other Canadians but I can actually walk to the store late at night without fear of my life.

Basically show me stats that support your BS.

The criminals in gun countries run the show...if not then law abiding citizens would not feel the need to have a weapon on them constantly for fear of their lives.

SO STOP THE BS!!!!!

edit on 10-11-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

You act like the US don't have gun restrictions or something

Also canadians like to act as if gun laws up here are so much different than down in the US. It's almost the same dude. The only guns I couldn't bring with me over the boarder was my handguns. Had no problem bringing my 30-06 my .308 and my AR-15 with me. Those are my two biggest bores, and the scary "assault rifle". I have lots more guns, but they are shotguns, and smaller caliber rifles.
The cities have the most restrictions, same as the US. The country is where most of the guns are, same as the US.

And just like the US, most of the nasty crimes happen in the cities. I have been here going on 7 years now, the worst crime in this town was some drug busts, which are not really crimes anyway. The worst deaths we had is probably tied between a nasty car wreck, and a suicide(by hanging, not by gun).
edit on Sat, 10 Nov 2012 17:40:12 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Your parents should be locked up for gross negligence imo. Seriously that is really dumb on their part. People before 18 have not fully matured and I am talking about passing puberty with the hormones and such. Giving people guns at that age is stupid. That is why you are not allowed to drink alcohol or drive cars before 18 and 21.

A few wreckful idiots are giving a bad name to the gun hobby!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by eLPresidente

How do you morally justify stripping a human being (against his/her will) from his/her last line of defense against tyranny?
Just who will you Point your Gun At...
Im curious, how will you know who the Tyrants are...
Police..
Military..
Crossing Guards..
Who.

Of course that is a concern, variables are concerns for everything that exists in this world.

But try and stick to the moral issue.

How can you FORCE somebody to be defenseless from protecting themselves?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Your parents should be locked up for gross negligence imo. Seriously that is really dumb on their part. People before 18 have not fully matured and I am talking about passing puberty with the hormones and such. Giving people guns at that age is stupid. That is why you are not allowed to drink alcohol or drive cars before 18 and 21.

I guess that young girl that used her pink shotgun to stop a home intruder should be stripped of her last line of defense as well?

To be fair, I don't know what age I would give my child a gun. The thought has never crossed my mind as I don't have kids but I certainly wouldn't wait until 18, the level of their maturity is definitely a factor but thats not based on anything but the parenting and local environment.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kerazeesicko
Gawd you mention gun restrictions or even gun and ban in the same sentence, they get their panties in a bunch.

Also it is pure BS..if you take the guns away then only criminals get the guns and leaves the law abiding citizens victims which is a pure and utter lie that is so lovingly spread by gun owners.

Canada, UK, Australia and maybe other countries have gun restrictions....show me the stats where these countries are being overrun with gun violence by criminals? Show me that these countries are being controlled by the criminal element? Show me the stats where these countrymen are running and hiding in fear daily due to the lack of guns in their hands? I don't know about other Canadians but I can actually walk to the store late at night without fear of my life.

Basically show me stats that support your BS.

The criminals in gun countries run the show...if not then law abiding citizens would not feel the need to have a weapon on them constantly for fear of their lives.

SO STOP THE BS!!!!!

edit on 10-11-2012 by kerazeesicko because: I CAN

Actually, after Australia had their gun ban, crime and murders increased.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I will settle this debate right now with any of the anti-gun members in here.

How do you morally justify stripping a human being (against his/her will) from his/her last line of defense against tyranny?

I see there were no opposers to this settlement.

Good, at least we know ATS members know moral standing when they see one.

I'd also like to see if any of the opposers of gun rights think the UN has any right whatsoever of disregarding our national sovereignty and stripping us of our HUMAN RIGHT TO SELF-DEFENSE.

Do you indeed support the new world order? that is what the UN is right? a world government trying to blur the lines between global and national sovereignty?

Interesting...isn't it?
edit on 10-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

My parents, and all the other parents in the area? It is not an abnormal thing. This is a right of passage for country folks. Around 5 we get red rider bb guns "YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!", except, no, we didn't. Then a year or so later, get a pumpmaster 760, or something similar. Then around ten, a .22 rifle. And we had to take care of it ourselves, we even got to make some money from local farmers paying us to shoot groundhogs and such vermin. They buy us our bullets, and pay us a few bucks a kill. Cheaper than the alternative.

And kiss my ass, talking about my parents like that. I learned to drive at 12. Funny again, no one was hurt.
edit on Sat, 10 Nov 2012 21:04:34 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

My parents, and all the other parents in the area? It is not an abnormal thing. This is a right of passage for country folks. Around 5 we get red rider bb guns "YOU'LL SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT!", except, no, we didn't. Then a year or so later, get a pumpmaster 760, or something similar. Then around ten, a .22 rifle. And we had to take care of it ourselves, we even got to make some money from local farmers paying us to shoot groundhogs and such vermin. They buy us our bullets, and pay us a few bucks a kill. Cheaper than the alternative.

And kiss my ass, talking about my parents like that. I learned to drive at 12. Funny again, no one was hurt.

So you don't respect the law? In your state what is the legal age for drinking and driving? Just curious and sorry if I offended you. I think adults should not trust adolescents much. I had a friend in nj whos father was a cop and left is pistol loaded, some kids were playing with the gun and it accidentally went off killing the teenager.

Guns need special care!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So you don't respect the law? In your state what is the legal age for drinking and driving? Just curious and sorry if I offended you. I think adults should not trust adolescents much. I had a friend in nj whos father was a cop and left is pistol loaded, some kids were playing with the gun and it accidentally went off killing the teenager.

Guns need special care!

In the situation you just provided, was the gun meant for the child or meant only for the adult (cop)?

There is a massive difference between a young person that is meant to be taught how to use firearms and the safety precautions that go with it and a young person that has no idea how to operate a gun and has no knowledge of gun safety.

Obviously TKDRL's situation is different than yours but you feel his situation is bad because your situation was bad. Not saying yours wasn't bad though, of course it is always bad when innocent people die, especially if it was an accident.

The gun wasn't the culprit in that situation.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I was in NY, upstate thank god. The legal age for drinking was 21, the legal age for driving was 16, with all kinds of restrictions. I learned to drive way before that, because, the law don't mean crap on our property. I could drive the truck, and the tractor on our land, without some nosy cop coming around and asking questions. Hell, I could drive the truck down to the local market, with the same consideration. It's not an isolated incident here, this is how country folks are.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

It was the cop's fault because he left the gun loaded with easy access to people not authorised to use it. But cops are people and they too make mistakes. Maybe he had a bad day or something and got careless. Can happen to anyone.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I predicted here on ATS that the mask would fall off Obama's pretend centrist face(at least that's how he's perceived by leftists), and he would be even more bold in his agenda. It is not surprising in lieu of the fact that he and Hillary were already sporting the UN treaties before the election, but now he must feel he has a mandate. NWO shill to the max.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Do you indeed support the new world order? that is what the UN is right? a world government trying to blur the lines between global and national sovereignty?

Yes, that is exactly right. I agree with you here. It is really surprising that on a conspiracy site such as this, people defend the very thing so many of the conspiracies are about. The whole PTB is all about the NWO. Mind boggling.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Yes, that is exactly right. I agree with you here. It is really surprising that on a conspiracy site such as this, people defend the very thing so many of the conspiracies are about. The whole PTB is all about the NWO. Mind boggling.

Yup and that is the BINGO! moment.

Anybody here want to try and see how slippery this slope really is?

Who here justifies Obama's support of the UN global gun ban?

Ok, now who supports the New World Order?

Ok, as yourself again, do I support the NWO?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Not to be rude, but you all sound MASSIVELY paranoid.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Well, I gotta tell ya, from FIRST-HAND experiences, I would trust a 12 year old child in Texas (or the south) with a firearm MUCH MORE than I would trust a NYPD officer with one.

Age isnt that much of a factor if they are cautioned and educated correctly about firearms. Children become VERY SERIOUS around things that go boom and they dont play around with them.

Having lived in NY, I will honestly say that 12 year olds in Texas are more careful, more skilled, and safer than our boys in BLUE up in NY. They have WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better accuracy rate as well then the men in blue up there!!!

I believe that Southern folks are honestly almost ready and capable of safe firearm usage right out of the womb. They are just THAT GOOD when it comes to firearms. And I can see why NANNY BLoomberg in NY is so afraid of guns, the NYPD cant even accurately fire their service pistols for anything!!!
They are horrible. They should come down to the South and have 12 year olds TRAIN THEM properly!!

THE AGE FACTOR ISNT EVERYTHING!!!!!!

edit on 11-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

I live in the South and can tell you that's BS . Cops are people and are afraid to die. They go crazy just like us all but have protection against prosecution for killing innocents. They are not cowboys , more like meter maids .

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I can assure you the NYPD are not like meter maids.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24 >>

join