It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Yes. If the law is passed, and the police come to my door, I will do my best to kill them. If that means I lose my life, so be it. I'm a veteran, so the decision to give one's life for a cause has already been made a long time ago, and it was a sacrifice I was willing to make when I was 18, and now that I'm 40, the same holds true...
"The most Dangerous Weapon on Earth,
only fires Neurons"
Originally posted by murphy22
reply to post by captaintyinknots
Havn't you learned, what a law says and what it does is two defferent things? Would you like some sugar for that Kool Aid?
Sir, I hope you jest. By the time that your city's finest arrives on the scene, your sh!+ is gone and you're dead. No thanks, I'll protect me and mine. As a man, it's my job to do that.
Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by jjkenobi
The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless
We Civilians shouldn't possess guns . There are cops to protect us from Criminals . We cannot take law into our own hand .
Originally posted by khimbar
Where are all the 'cold, dead hands people' that like to tell us they won't get theirs?
Oh and is there a link to the story at all please? I'm off to Google it.edit on 8-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)[/quot
All the "cold dead hands people" are waiting for the gun "collectors" to
grow a set and actually come and knock on their doors.
Originally posted by NoJoker13
Curious though they haven't posted on the story since early July, so I call propaganda BS in the first place since if it wasn't they'd be all over it right now. Wouldn't they?
Originally posted by hawkiye
Originally posted by HolgerTheDane2
Originally posted by jjkenobi
Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by badgerprints
Isn't global gun ban a good idea ?
Are you 12 years old? The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless.
Isn't it about time we see documentation?
How many accidental shootings by husbands, wives, kids in the US, where a domestic gun was used?
How many people have succesfully defended themselves against criminals?
How many shooting incidents by disheartened people gone rogue?
How many "Columbine" type shootings.
How many conflicts have escalated because some idiot brandished a gun to make a point?
How many defended themselves succesfully compaired to how many shouldn't have died but did because some "normal" person wanted a gun to defend himself.
You want documentation here you go. Some white hat accidently killing or wounding someone while defending himself or others is so rare you would be hard pressed to find an example much less an actual statistic anywhere near close to how many defend themselves with guns...
The facts are that 2.5 million people a year successfully defend themselves or others with guns! Armed citizens stop more crime then all law enforcement in the country combined! Usually because they are the intended victims. That is why 911 is called dial a prayer...
Most gun crime is gang related and on each other honest gun owners as a group have a lower crime rate then police.
* Guns used 2.5 million times a year in self-defense. Law-abiding citizens use guns to defend themselves against criminals as many as 2.5 million times every year -- or about 6,850 times a day.1 This means that each year, firearms are used more than 80 times more often to protect the lives of honest citizens than to take lives.2
* Of the 2.5 million times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, the overwhelming majority merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers. Less than 8% of the time, a citizen will kill or wound his/her attacker.3
* As many as 200,000 women use a gun every year to defend themselves against sexual abuse.4
* Even anti-gun Clinton researchers concede that guns are used 1.5 million times annually for self-defense
*According to the Clinton Justice Department, there are as many as 1.5 million cases of self-defense every year. The National Institute of Justice published this figure in 1997 as part of "Guns in America" -- a study which was authored by noted anti-gun criminologists Philip Cook and Jens Ludwig.5
* Armed citizens kill more crooks than do the police. Citizens shoot and kill at least twice as many criminals as police do every year (1,527 to 606).6
And readers of Newsweek learned that "only 2 percent of civilian shootings involved an innocent person mistakenly identified as a criminal. The 'error rate' for the police, however, was 11 percent, more than five times as high."7
* Handguns are the weapon of choice for self-defense. Citizens use handguns to protect themselves over 1.9 million times a year.8 Many of these self-defense handguns could be labeled as "Saturday Night Specials."
B. Concealed carry laws help reduce crime... Read more: gunowners.org...
"We will not accept any treaty that infringes on the constitutional rights of our citizens to bear arms," he said. U.S. officials have acknowledged privately that the treaty under discussion would have no effect on domestic gun sales and ownership because it would apply only to exports.