It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama supports UN global gun ban less than 24 hours after reelection

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Jesus, Guns, Freedom, and support the troops.

America

China, Russia, Terrorist, and the UN can go to hell.

Commie bastards.
edit on 9-11-2012 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Says the ATS user with a rebel flag as their avatar !

nice one !

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by intelligenthoodlum33

So we should just keep on trusting the government and this administration, has our best interests at heart and are on the up and up? Do you keep on trusting liars and thieves like that in normal day to day life? I sure as hell don't, so why should I apply a different standard to them?

Supposedly obama is a constitutional liar, did he study that area just so he could violate it in as many ways as possible? Are people going to still try and pin everything he does on bush on this term?
edit on Fri, 09 Nov 2012 08:22:04 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Blow each other to bits 'defending' yourselves then.

Guns are almost non existent in Australia, do we live in fear?

Do we feel the need to blow away people as a form of protection?

Maybe in a fubar place such as America one would feel the need to have a killing device within reach.

But in my opinion, living in a place where they virtually don't exist is a lot safer than living in a place of "freedom" with the need to be armed to feel safe.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Again, this thread is a hoax....garbage. If you hate the prez, hate away, but complaining about something that isn't true is a monumental waste of time.

No one has or is threatening to take your guns.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Where I live, guns are necessary. We have coyote that attack small animals like dogs, cats, rabbits, chickens, turkeys, all of which are farm animals (cats and dogs protect farms from rats etc) We don't want to lose our small livestock do to predation by Coyote.

We also have black bear in the area, and sometimes they can be a nuisance, plus we want to chase them away in fear of harm coming to our children. So again guns are necessary.

Sometimes a horse or cow must be put-down. This isn't a job for a vet who if called might show up hours or days later. It must be done quickly, this is an act of mercy for the poor affected animal. (If you don't live on or near a farm it is likely you won't understand this.)

Guns are protected by the USA constitution. It doesn't say we can't have say pistols over long guns. It doesn't mention assault weapons either. It just protects guns, and so guns is any form is protected.

Finally the USA constitution does not allow the Federal Government to become part of the UN (United Nations). PERIOD.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This is the same exact reason why Louisiana just passed Prop 2 making it the leading state in gun rights. I like him to tell Louisiana to give up our guns.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Good luck banning guns... you'd need better luck banning face to face contact, shop class, and free gun schematics.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

cops are not there to protect you they are there to ENFORCE THE LAW . cops take time to get to locations when called some times they dont even show when called. so no you cant depend on them for your safety and obama has no right to sign a treaty that violates second amendment rights that would take an act of congress.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
like it or not, a gun's about the only think keeping out of SLAVERY . It's obvious that some of you are very naieve. If the current government had no resistance, you'd be no better off than the Chinese worker/slaves.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Guns are useless... history has only used guns for so long...

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
First off, Obama's a democrat...no big suprise he favors gun restrictions. I hope people weren't believing otherwise. So no Obama-conspiracy crap there. Second, good luck trying to get America do go along with "what's good for everyone else."

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think some of you have diseased brains and will be led anywhere, in fact prefer it, there is nothing Patriotic in that.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by manykapao
one thing is to pass a law, the other is to enforce it.

I cannot see taking away small arms as anything less than a catalyst into civil war at worst, or in its least effect, as a wakeup call to those who still trust the current government. The US alone would resist with every single gun owner simply hiding their guns for the most part. The first trial and sentencing will cause bloodshed. That may be what they want. You can't enforce this though. Not without completely throwing the US constitution out the window.

I believe that IS what they are expecting. It completely explains the huge amounts of hollow point ammo being purchased by the

National Weather Service

DHS

SS Administration

So yes we are on the verge of another Civil War...lets hope all of these "armchair patriots" are not all show an no go.

Everything has small beginnings..

edit on 9-11-2012 by the4thhorseman because: SP

edit on 9-11-2012 by the4thhorseman because: Sent

edit on 9-11-2012 by the4thhorseman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
How many times must history repeat itself before people really get it? What's the first thing dictators do? History has shown that they disarm the populace. There is plenty of examples.... Hitler, Saddam need I say more? The UN is a joke and has power over squat piss. Oh and by the way I saw part of it on Fox News.
edit on 9-11-2012 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

if anything the UN is causing more small arm sales, to bad some do not get buy them or know what it is like to have one, when others should not have the right nor the means to them.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
God forbid people actually know the common-sense fact that ideas are much more dangerous... oh wait, they do.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
England Canada and Australia are toast . Those people really gave up long ago .With privatised police coming I want my gun .

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Riiight.... that... is... bull#.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

I read through the treaty a bit when it first came out, I would like to direct you to the list of weapons that they would like to control. Yeah, i have to admit some of the items there aren't a bad idea to regulate, however you get to the bottom of the list and it says, SMALL ARMS AND LIGHT WEAPONS.
That goes even beyond guns, that could mean pepper spray that a woman might carry through a parking lot at night, that could mean my judge that I take berry picking to protect my kids from the black bears. That could even mean the kitchen knife someone grabs to defend themselves from an intruder.
This is not all about terrorism and all of our SAFETY.
This is about their safety, because like someone already pointed out, that cop isn't going to go berry picking with me everyday for 2 1/2 months, just in case a bear is there too. They understand that an armed populous is a stronger, more independent populous.

Assistance to States for curbing the illicit traffic in small arms and collecting them
A/RES/66/34
A/RES/65/50
A/RES/64/30
A/RES/63/66
A/RES/62/22
A/RES/61/71
A/RES/60/71
A/RES/59/74
A/RES/58/58
A/RES/57/70

Straight from their site
edit on 9-11-2012 by woodsmom because: Added info

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

Really? Have YOU ever come face to face with a bear with the knowledge that you have two young children to protect? In everyone else's opinion, I guess I should just carry a big stick and ask it nicely to leave.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join