It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama supports UN global gun ban less than 24 hours after reelection

page: 12
46
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

edit on 8-11-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)




posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SeenMyShare
 


Why not ? ... Seriously you are going to compare a mode of transportation to a weapon. Dont be absurd. Guns are weapons... It is not normal to carry around weapons or stock pile them. It only brings voilence if every tom, dick and harry are waving them about.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Where are all the 'cold, dead hands people' that like to tell us they won't get theirs?


Right here. They can have my gun when they pry it from my hand with their cold dead hands.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints
 


Geez, again? This is a UN initiative that deals with weapons trafficking. Unless you are an international arms dealer it has nothing to do with you.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints
 


Yeah he does because he's afraid people will come after him now.
He's not very bright. Rushes into things without thinking them out thoroughly.
Whatever he fears, he must remember that he brought it upon himself. His own actions
or inactions have brought KARMA to visit him.

Romans 12:19 .... Mr. Obama, remember it. Yahweh (GOD) will be visiting you !!!



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Where are all the 'cold, dead hands people' that like to tell us they won't get theirs?



You post 3 minutes after the OP and youre wondering where they are? Well I havent gotten past your post yet but Im sure they showed up.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv
 




I think he meant weapons designed to inflict massive casualties.

Really? You presume to let us know that he meant something completely different that what he said?

He was very clear about what he said. Do you think he doesn't know what he is saying when he speaks in front a nationally televised audience?

Why didn't he just say what he meant, if he meant something else?



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by jjkenobi
 



The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless


We Civilians shouldn't possess guns . There are cops to protect us from Criminals . We cannot take law into our own hand .


I sure hope you are being sarcastic.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine
 



Do you live on this planet??

2nd.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Breaking political news? More like recycled political rumoroid polished up for your post-election entertainment.


I'm sure someone else already posted this, which took a nanosecond to find: False

Obama's not taking away your guns. But the worse than juvenile idiocy some people display about them may make him, or anyone for that matter, want to.

Also: Still No International Gun Treaty
edit on 11/8/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by khimbar
 


The Sacramento Bee article is a press release from "the Second Amendment Foundation" which is known to just make things up. The Bee is normally a respected newspaper. They should know better than to blindly print PRs from anybody. Unfortunately, the realities of the shrinking newsprint market mean that less and less actual journalism is being done these days.

The other link is an unreliable blog entry which can be ignored.

If you can't find any primary source for the information, then frankly, neither can the "Second Amendment Foundation".

You haven't found any source.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by kaylaluv
 




I think he meant weapons designed to inflict massive casualties.

Really? You presume to let us know that he meant something completely different that what he said?

He was very clear about what he said. Do you think he doesn't know what he is saying when he speaks in front a nationally televised audience?

Why didn't he just say what he meant, if he meant something else?


Yeah, okay, you think he said he wants to take away all guns. Good luck with that.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey_Mysterio
reply to post by SeenMyShare
 


Why not ? ... Seriously you are going to compare a mode of transportation to a weapon. Dont be absurd. Guns are weapons... It is not normal to carry around weapons or stock pile them. It only brings voilence if every tom, dick and harry are waving them about.

As someone with a concealed carry permit I would take exception to that entirely. CCW holders are not uncommon in this area of the nation. It's also not at all uncommon for people to have a gun safe...or two.. and whatever has come down the family line and been added since kept as a collection. Gun shows here have full automatic weapons on the tables for sale (with the right ATF issued permit and tax stamp paid of course) as well as ammunition by whatever quantity the stacks of cases in various booths allow for.

With all that? Crime rates aren't particularly bad and what is happening rarely involves guns when compared to everything else, in this area anyway. So normal when it comes to firearms is a very subjective thing depending on where someone lives, I'd say.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by jjkenobi
 



The criminals will always have guns because they DON'T OBEY THE LAWS. That's why they are criminals. It just means the rest of us will be defenseless


We Civilians shouldn't possess guns . There are cops to protect us from Criminals . We cannot take law into our own hand .



Just in case nobody answered this. When has the police ever been on a scene before a crime takes place? They always come after the crime, never before.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I expected this to resurface, it went away after the Aurora shootings and was not discussed during the campaign. BY EITHER PARTY.....I find that odd.

Anything will be possible should BHO get a liberal supreme court.

That's all I can say, I'll have more flexibility after the apocalypse.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by UltraMarine
reply to post by badgerprints
 


Isn't global gun ban a good idea ?


Magic fairy dust that instantly removes all firearms and knowledge of combustion and related physics from society is a "good idea"

An ban, any prohibition for that matter, is a pointless exercise in futility.


This...is awesome, and sooo true. I don't own any guns yet, because I've got other financial priorities to ensure survival (food, housing) before I do, but I do some blacksmithing. I could make a gun myself if I really needed one. Probably be illegal (obviously), but you can melt down every gun on the planet amd stop making them, and I, and many others could still make them. Cat's out of the bag.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv
 




Yeah, okay, you think he said he wants to take away all guns. Good luck with that.
I simply quoted what he said and gave a link to the news organization that covered it. He said it very plainly. I gave a very clear explanation of what he said, using facts. I don't need luck.

And your excuse that he didn't mean to say what he did, that he meant to say something else, well, you don't need luck. You need to be a mindreader.


That is weak.



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rnaa
reply to post by khimbar
 


The Sacramento Bee article is a press release from "the Second Amendment Foundation" which is known to just make things up. The Bee is normally a respected newspaper. They should know better than to blindly print PRs from anybody. Unfortunately, the realities of the shrinking newsprint market mean that less and less actual journalism is being done these days.

The other link is an unreliable blog entry which can be ignored.

If you can't find any primary source for the information, then frankly, neither can the "Second Amendment Foundation".

You haven't found any source.

What does the source have to do with it? I mean it's not about the sources beyond the fact they all spin and they ALL put their own level of that to every story. If any of these are 100% fabrications, it'll do well to destroy the place with.....and it's why they rarely if ever are.

Here is the United Nations General Assembly Committe Agenda dated November 1, 2012 if it would work better as a source to the fact the UN Small Arms Treaty is a current topic of discussion in New York


Discussion picked up where it left off last week, on conventional weapons. Stymied by the inability in July to coalesce around a final text of an arms trade treaty, some delegations decried what they perceived as the chronic failure to adopt a robust and binding instrument and reiterated the imperative of doing so even amid prevailing political and security conditions or maybe because of them.
Source - UN General Assembly Website



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Breaking political news? More like recycled politial rumoroid polished up for your post-election entertainment.


I'm sure someone else already posted this, which took a nanosecond to find: False

Obama's not taking away your guns. But the worse than juvenile idiocy some people display about them may make him, or anyone for that matter, want to.


edit on 11/8/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)



You will think juvenile idiocy when you hear the jack boots comming. Wait, cant you hear them?

Silent Running



posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
It's not a gun ban and stop trying to spin this fear mongering BS. The title of the thread is misleading and accuses the government of something with no facts to back it up. I however do have facts to back me up:

www.factcheck.org...

Please remove the tinfoil hats and join us all here in reality. It's nice and warm in here







 
46
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

log in

join