It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over Lytham St Annes, Sep 13th 2012 (with pic)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

I get defensive when the back story is irrelevant to the help I was asking for. I was doing a favour for a friend on a topic that interests me.

ATS has become a far cry from what it used to be.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Well spotted! It could very well be just someone walking up the prom as a lot of people do this every day, whether they're dog walkers or just out for a stroll, but it's definitely a possibility of a kite flyer.

I know someone earlier had applied enhancements that stated there didn't seem to be any wire from the object, but I think it could benefit from some further analysis if anyone has the time/expertise

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Jimbowsk

In my experience anyone who is telling the truth about something they are only to happy go into more detail while people who are not telling the truth get defensive ,aggravated and refuse to answer questions saying it has nothing to do with the subject. Especially after their story starts to change slightly when asked about it.

I would agree ATS is not what it used to be, people have become far more critical in their investigations of such matters. We have all learned that in ambiguous cases the 'story' and some times the story behind the story is just as important as what being presented.

All i was doing is trying to make sense of what you said to us but i think your hostile responses speak volumes. Good luck with your friend of a friends picture

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

The story didn't change.
You asked for more detail, I provided it.
When you've only been on ATS for a year I think it's quite rude to throw accusations at the long standing members, which you are obviously doing.

Think what you like though, none of what I've said is falsified in any way, nor would I feel the need to. I don't post things just to get attention or a reaction from others.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

there didn't seem to be any wire from the object

I don't see a string either, but I"m not sure there is enough lighting during sunset to generate any pixels for a thin kite wire, even with imaging filters. Someone more experienced with image analysis would need to chime in on that.

It is a very common kite shape in a park-like setting on a windy day with a humanoid-looking figure that is in the approximate area where he/she could be flying a kite.

That's about as far as my expertise will take me on this one.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Well if you mean by rude you mean simply pointing out the obvious or trying to get to the truth of a story you presented i stand guilty of that.

I personally find your reactions of demanding that i not ask any more questions in your thread when this is a forum for discussion very rude in itself, not to mention suspicious. I would expect that being a member for so long you would know how to answer a few simple questions without being so hostile or defensive.

edit on 8-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

I already said, I get defensive when people waste my time with irrelevance.
I asked for help with a picture, I didn't state 'ZOMG I saw a flying saucer and took a picture of it LOLZ'.
Not everyone is out for attention.
You've added nothing to this thread but unjust criticism and accusations.
I answered all your questions, yet you're still going on and adding nothing to the OP.
There's plenty more threads for you to throw your presumptions around in.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Undoubtedly a kite to me. But a word of warning, there aren't too many photo/print shops in Lytham. I hope his boss ain't watching coz he shouldn't be showing other people's photos on a public site without their consent. Scary!

You'll probably get angry but there is a point to be made. If everyone did it who would anyone trust?

edit on 8-11-2012 by Alien44 because: Added text.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
It looks like a blue disposable bag blowing in the wind to me .

In my opinion from viewing the pic same as gortex posted above.
I just hope this plastic bag doesn't waste as much coverage as the other plastic bag from Crete where the thread went to over 40pages and is probably still going.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Two possibilities maybe..

First could it be a hot air balloon? Or a normal balloon?

Second, on the first photo it looks like a grainy person standing infront of the person taking the shot, could it be possible that its a long exposure that has caught a normal balloon and caused it to distort?

ETA: looked at the photo again, even the flag on the left building is blurry so if it is a long exposure that could cause a fast turning object to skew, or a panorama it could be a stitch error?
edit on 8/11/2012 by AlanQaida because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jimbowsk

The story didn't change.
You asked for more detail, I provided it.
When you've only been on ATS for a year I think it's quite rude to throw accusations at the long standing members, which you are obviously doing.

Think what you like though, none of what I've said is falsified in any way, nor would I feel the need to. I don't post things just to get attention or a reaction from others.

Hold your horses buddy, if question are not allowed even if you find them irrelevant whats the point of us being here,

Is it just to make demands and statements that when refused or challenged just creates more work for the mods here when people start taking things too seriously.

Why come to a fringe website that has claims of reptilians ruling the earth, unicorns battling elves on the moon etc etc if you are after a serious analysis of a photo that has an unidentified object in it and not expect to be what in your opinion would be some sort of ridicule or further questioning of the story supplied with said photo.

This is ATS, it has changed over the years but as some say if you cant take the heat best stay out of the kitchen.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I took a stroll through the area via Google Maps, and found precisely where the photo was taken. It's the large park between the Lytham Windmill and the Royal National Lifeboat Institution.

Lovely area in which you live

It looks like a popular place for folks to fly kites. Here you can see the windmill and the lifeboat institution in the background...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here it is enlarged and fiddled with to bring out the color variations:

P.S. -- Pretty hard to tag something as a bona fide UFO in a spot which is actually known for its annual kite festival.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Zarniwoop

Yeah it's a nice area to live, especially in the Summer - well, that's when we do actually get a Summer which we didn't this year!

It's definitely leaning more and more towards it being a kite, so thanks for all your efforts! Unless any more sightings appear on the net I think it's safe to put this one to bed

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

You're not exactly up to date with the term UFO if you think he mean't alien straight up >.>

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join