It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to GOP care of Rachel Maddow

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

he really did win, and he really was born in Hawaii,
and he really is legitimately President of the United States, again!
and the Bureau of Labor Statistics did not make up fake unemployment rate last month,
and the Congressional Research Service really can find NO evidence that cutting taxes on rich people grows the economy,
and the polls were not skewed to over-sample Democrats,
and Nate Silver was not making up fake projections to make conservatives feel bad, Nate Silver was doing Math!
and Climate Change is real,
and rape really does cause pregnancy sometimes,
and Evolution is a thing!
and Benghazi was an attack on us, it was not a scandal by us,
and nobody is taking away anyone's guns,
and Taxes have not gone up,
and the Deficit is dropping, actually,
and Saddam Hussein did not have Weapons of Mass Destruction,
and the Moon Landing was real,
and FEMA is not building concentration camps,
and UN election observers are not taking over Texas,
and moderate reforms of the regulations on the Insurance Industry, the Financial Industries in this country are NOT the same thing as Communism

Some of the things she listed are yet to be seen,

I am still in doubt when it comes to Global warming, AKA climate change. Duh, the climate changes.

Why does she think Republicans don't think the moon landing was real?

I remember this forum was really into the FEMA camps thing when Bush was in office. Never believed it myself.

We will see what happens with taxes, didn't Obama say he would raise taxes, of course he did.

People have varying thoughts on evolution and for god sake not all Republicans are non believers in evolution.

The school is still out on the Benghazi fiasco.

We will see where the deficit is heading.
edit on 103030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Compromise doesn't mean doing it their way.

Compromise means that we will do this my way and that your way, or we will do it neither of our ways but a combination of the two.

This thinking that "compromise" is an bad word is what is wrong with Congress right now. Both sides have to give a little, that is called governing.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

There is nothing wrong with compromise on certain issues, but I wont compromise my values.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Gay marriage is not an issue with me, I was using that as an example.

There is one issue I wont compromise, I can't vote for someone that supports it.

I am very tolerant and very left of center, I just see how corrupt the government and the MSM is.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
You know what's funny,

Her list,

Reads like the topics on ATS,

and they are not all started by conservatives, she left out 9/11 truthers though.

Have a nice day.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

There is nothing wrong with compromise on certain issues, but I wont compromise my values.

Okay. Let's be specific.

What are your values, exactly? And why do you think that the other 302,000,000 people in the US should be forced to share them?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

How about this:

Have your own values but simply allow others to have theirs too. If they decide one thing is right for them, but doesn't hurt you or rob any other /person/ (science has a definition for this) of their liberty, autonomy, or life...then leave it alone.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Both sides sometimes get, perhaps, a tad too vigorous in their rhetoric when trying to "help" the other side change what could be deeply held beliefs.

I'll even give an example. You think the the sky is green and the grass is blue. I tell you that you are stupid and a toddler for thinking that. How likely are you to carefully consider what I said?

Ok that was a fairly concrete example. Most without vision issues can see the color of the grass and sky.

Lets take a more subjective route. Something where there is more than one possible solution. Like what color to paint the house. Say you think black is the ideal color. If I tell you that your color of black is stupid because the house will get too hot in the summer and you call me an infant because I cannot see that it will stay warmer in the winter - then we'll get nowhere. When, in reality, we both have a point and could likely settle somewhere in the middle if we stop calling each other names and belittling each other's views.

Lots of "help", from both sides, including much of the "help" offered in this very thread, comes across that way and isn't likely to be received by either side.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Okay. Let's be specific.

What are your values, exactly? And why do you think that the other 302,000,000 people in the US should be forced to share them?

I don't force you to share them, that's is where you are wrong,

I can ask you the same thing, why must I share yours?

It is really only one major issue,
But
I have no control at all, I can give my opinion that's all, and most the time the all so tolerant left attacks me because of my opinion.

For the left to claim tolerance is a joke.

Pots and kettles and hypocrites Please.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You are correct in that there is a difference concerning the meaning of compromise. What do you stand for Heff? When Islam was converting people to their religion in the past they also offered a compromise. You can keep all your possessions, your life, and be treated as a equal. All you have to do is give up your core beliefs. Otherwise we cut off your head and take everything. The Catholic Inquisition was similar,

You can compromise on anything EXCEPT your core beliefs. If you compromise on those then you have no beliefs at all. There is nothing you stand for, nothing you will die for. In short that makes you a liberal.
As to doing what the majority decides. lol. When has that ever been the right thing to do?

If you have no core beliefs, if you are willing to change your beliefs just to get along with others around you, then you are a liberal. That is why we disagree on the meaning of compromise.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Jerk_Idiot because: Sorry it takes me to long to type. I see others have brought it up.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny

Okay. Let's be specific.

I don't force you to share them, that's is where you are wrong,

I can ask you the same thing, why must I share yours?

You don't. But I'm not the one trying to use the courts to make sure everyone in the US has to abide by the consequences of my beliefs whether they share them or not.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

HealthCare went from Decent Socialized Medicine to 1994-1996 Republican Revolution crafted mandate doctrine. And then they pretended it was Liberal drafted stuff. I love the ignoring of the history!

I am not ignoring it, I didn't know, and I am all for decent health care since I don't have any.

See how you assumed and got your dig in at me by hinting I am a liar by ignoring history..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

That hyperbolic reaction is exactly what is wrong with our society. I say "compromise" and you react by equating the word with misinformed rhetoric about Shariah law. Exactly how does Americans working together for the betterment of our collective futures end up with us becoming an Islamic Republic???

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by grandmakdw

Keep being stupid.

That'll bring everyone together, for suuuure. Either read the material or don't come to class. There is one way to mend this nation...and it involves the GOP moving from the right. America has spoken.

America has not spoken anything, the GOP needs to move back to the right...
These milktose fake conservatives are disgusting which is why Romney couldn't win..
No one wants a middle of the roader.. They either want a far left like Obama or a far right.
I wish tis' not true but people would rather loose their life then compromise core principals.
Be it a lefty or righty, moderates DON'T win.
As for rachael maddow, well no one watches her show except far leftist. So anyone quoting her
telling others to go to the center needs one hell of a reality check.
edit on 8-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

That might work in local races, but it does NOT work on the national stage.

Obama's not far left. That's the dumbest thing I keep hearing. He's the most centrist president we've had since the GOP's idol, Ronald Reagan.

The sooner you figure out that the reason you lost is because you went so far to the right you fell of the edge of the Flat Earth, the better off you'll be.
edit on 11/8/2012 by HappyBunny because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
This woman is annoying!

Bullcrap is all that she had to say
name calling and basically infering that Obama is good

She cannot stick with the issues so she tries to ridicule the opposition
No?
Then what was the need to say "The moon landing was real"?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

Really ?
Well the courts are always used to further the agenda of the left and the right.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Let me guess - your issue is abortion. Fine - you don't have to have one. See how compromising the left can be?

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
This woman is annoying!

Bullcrap is all that she had to say
name calling and basically infering that Obama is good

She cannot stick with the issues so she tries to ridicule the opposition
No?

Because most conspiracy theorists tend to be right-wingers. I don't know why that is, but I'm sure there are papers on it. If you're really an academic as your name implies, you should be able to find them.

link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Exactly, where did she come up with that notion?

Her comments were not all that profound.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You either did not read what I said or more likely are intentional being obtuse. I also mentioned the Inquisition. What you demand is that conservatives give up their core beliefs and call it compromise. I never mentioned Sharia law, just the means of conversion of two religions used in the past. Of course that also makes you a liberal. Instead of dealing with the question of what you stand for you just try and find something to deflect the question.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join