Message to GOP care of Rachel Maddow

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant
reply to post by pyramid head

Are you trying to say you don't like the poster?

It is more of a commentary.

If you don't think education is important then perhaps you get your news from the drop outs.

Glenn Beck
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh

These guys might be sharing a brain - you are comparing them to Zuckerburg? LOL

Many people don't like Maddow. She checks her facts and is so irritatingly RIGHT so often.

Especially if you are of the far right faith - this will perturb you. I get it.

Typical lib you didnt even read. You didnt attend college did you? If you did you would understand my reference. Maddow has a Phd she paid for. Its an idiots degree. It is not a real degree, its a degree in opinion. Shes not intelligent, its an online degree she was just the opposite of smart and instead paid a hundred thousand dollars to stanford for a degree she could get online, like every other housewife in america.

Only to a liberal is a degree in political "science" considered being educated. You did not mention michael savage either, pretty sure this bimbo could not hold an actual argument with a conservative especially one such as dr savage.
edit on 10-11-2012 by pyramid head because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by girlofmountain1

And what I'm trying to say is that as long as we keep blaming the President for all the country's problems we keep promoting this belief that they are all powerful. It is undoubtable that the President is more powerful than at the creation of the country. At the same time though we have also made him more and more of a scapegoat. Let's take the economy as an example. Obama, and Bush before him, keep getting blamed for our current economic situation. They're not the ones holding the purse strings though. Congress does but as long as we keep crediting the President with complete control of the economy we will keep ignoring where the real problem originates and keep electing the same people that caused it. All I'm trying to say is that the well being of the stock market shouldn't be dependent on who won a Presidential election and if we're truly at the point where it is then we need to start looking at the system as a whole instead of just blaming the guy in the Oval Office.

Sorry to jump in the argument here but bush and obama are exactly to blame for the current economic crisis, they appointed fed reserve chief ben bernanke and mutltiple sessions of QE are destroying the economy, there is nothing worse than devaluing the currency. As for the layoffs, they are directly related to obamacare girlofmountain is dead on, my wife is a nurse at a very successful hospital which has projected to lose 150 million under the PRESIDENTS healthcare bill. As a result they immediatley cut salaries and started a hiring freeze.

It is not a coincidence that the dow dropped 300 points after the election, that was a direct result of who was elected. The president does have the power to effect the economy, 3 sessions of QE with the current being unending, madated healthcare and penalities for bussinesses, and not passing a budget in 4 years fall right on the president and affect the market in drastic ways.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Can you explain your post to me? You say the President is weaker then the other two branches of Government and should not therefore be held accountable as he has no power. Then you say there is a long history of the President overstepping his power and ignoring the other two branches and not to blame Obama for doing it. So which are you saying? The President is to weak to do anything so don't blame him or the President is so strong he can bypass the checks and balances but still do not hold Obama responsible either way.

Lol it looks like he is saying don't blame his President of Choice but jolly well go ahead and blame all the ones he doesn't like.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Let's get something clear, I didn't vote for Obama. I didn't vote for Romney either. What I'm saying is that by placing all the blame on the President we are missing the big picture. Right now we are faced with two options. Either the President has way more power (accumulated over numerous administrations) as a result of Congress not doing their job. The other option is Congress just isn't doing their job. Either way Congress is the larger problem. Yet when we blame the President for everything we distract people from this problem, and in fact are giving the President more power. If the People believe the President has more power than he is actually entitled he will use that power. The first step in fixing this country isn't voting Democrat or Republican, it's breaking this belief that the President is all powerful and electing people to Congress who actually understand their job.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
in relation to Rachel Maddow

Definitions... I remember the same thing being said by someone

he major mistake

she admits bias

brb later

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

pyramid head you have me saying something that I did not say. That quote from girlofmountain I did not type if I am understanding what I am seeing.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramid head

If you don't think education is important then perhaps you get your news from the drop outs.

Glenn Beck
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh

Many people don't like Maddow. She checks her facts and is so irritatingly RIGHT so often.

Typical lib you didnt even read. You didnt attend college did you? If you did you would understand my reference. Maddow has a Phd she paid for. Its an idiots degree. It is not a real degree, its a degree in opinion. Shes not intelligent, its an online degree she was just the opposite of smart and instead paid a hundred thousand dollars to stanford for a degree she could get online, like every other housewife in america.

Only to a liberal is a degree in political "science" considered being educated. You did not mention michael savage either, pretty sure this bimbo could not hold an actual argument with a conservative especially one such as dr savage.

There is something to be said about the character and will of a human who chooses a difficult course and sticks with it. Something intelligent about setting goals and achieving them and there is something special about graduation even if it is with a lowly Phd.

Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh didn't have the brains to get that.

People who think success doesn't matter and knock education belie their own.
I know you don't know what that means, (having been home schooled by someone whose qualifications amounted to, "PRIMATE," apparently) so, I am pretty safe from rebuttal.

edit on 11-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I don't want to minimize the importance of Rachel Maddow's ever so profound insights, but really ?

Has anyone noticed the world is going to hell in a hand-basket and we choose to brainstorm over this issue.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
for the record we are comparing sizes in effect

well they have and education... basket weaving does count

well they did not even finish college ...this is the measuring bar we will now use... so there

(thats fine you can use the college argument only after you post yours as proof... myself I am taking the accelerated course in advanced applied economics at Hard Knocks University
)

as for an education.... well have you looked at corporate america... the ones making the really bad decisions all have college degrees... because, I put my time in and am having to do it again...

do you have a college degree from this university (Berkley, and John Brown)... Yes I got asked this question during the information collection stage... the company is not generating as much revenue at the Retail level that it should (250 g's plus)... this man was trying to cover up his incompetence, because a third of the stores were sales loss stores.. (he had a Democratic button.. You ever had a good piece of elephant? )As I told the client, fire the man and fire him quickly... which he eventually did, for gross insubordination and mishandling company resources....

seems the district manager thought he was entitled to the position and did not have to do actual work...

Our recommendation for his replacement was a single mother with two kids in high school... she did not have the degree... her husband had left her for another woman... two kids and no money, she had went back into the workplace... took her 16 dollars a month in food stamps (she was white... and that part of texas is notorious for this...) and built the life she has for the last seven years...

both her kids will be in college starting this year... she has a older car but it is running...

But you see she, this took some finagling with the owner.. His wife finally ok'ed it.. (LOL... she wanted a new car and the only way he told her she would get it is if his stores were making money)

skills she had that most college edumacated person lack

-ability to self organize and execute
-drive to succeed with work
-ability to overcome long odds- (sales are down more then you want to know in most companies)
-experience babysitting
-getting emo's to do what they need to

As for how it is working out... the stores are not all meeting sales goals... but the new District manager has no sales loss stores ... for those with no clue, all the stores are making money, just not goals...

BTW- I had permission to use this story from the owner in general terms for sales...

You need to look at the measuring stick... I want to make sure I understand what your saying for the measuring... because you are trying to say those who do not have a degree are worth anything or just not as much...

It is all business to me... so what is important in a person to have individually

college degree-
credit score-
clean record--
no disabilities-
no military service-

you do not have these things your a failure... this is where the conversation has gone over this thread
education- well they did not finish theirs while these people did

So working people do not count... this is the underlying message I hear in reading

I want to make sure I understand what your stance is on...Also I want to make sure I get an accurate profile on the true liberals here...

no reason

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Social conservatism is dieing or already dead...and it damn well should be. You cannot legislate morality or good will toward man...never have, never will.

Fiscal responsibility is a whole different animal. I am on board with that...it is completely filled with something called "logic" and "critical thinking".

The Social conservatives need to all get in a nice fancy air conditioned bus...and drive it off a cliff. Their time is done and over...only true Freedom and Liberty will salvage this country....period. If you are so sucked into your faux beliefs that you feel your opinion on how a person should conduct their lives is the only one...you are the antithesis to our founding fathers and those documents you proclaim to support...the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Only real and true freedom holds the door to opportunity open...anything else is a secret agenda to hurt some and help others.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
reply to post by Indigo5

Here is the thing. Both...Both of what you say above are false

I am not wrong about the administration blaming the movie. Then why would Jay Carney and Hilary make these statements?

September 12 -- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton:

"We are working to determine the precise motivations and methods of those who carried out this assault.

Some have sought to justify this vicious behavior, along with the protest that took place at our embassy in Cairo yesterday, as a response to inflammatory material posted on the Internet. America's commitment to religious tolerance goes back to the very beginning of our nation. But let me be clear: There is no justification for this; none."

SOME have sought to Jusitify....and CAIRO...not Benghazi...you are aware that protests were taking place at embassies across the middle east at the time?

September 18 -- Jay Carney: "Our belief, based on the information we have, is it was the video that caused the unrest in Cairo, and the video and the unrest in Cairo that helped -- that precipitated some of the unrest in Benghazi and elsewhere. What other factors were involved is a matter of investigation."

Our belief...based on the info they have...."precipitated" "SOME of the unrest" in Benghazi and ELSEWHERE and then "What other factors were involved is a matter of investigation"

NOPE...he did not say Benghazi was the ressult of a youtube video...He said the unrest across the middle east at the exact same time was a contributor...AND it was! There is no doubt that the terrorists used the protests across the middle east at other embassies at the precise same time as cover to get close to the embassy.

September 13 -- Jay Carney: "The protests we're seeing around the region are in reaction to this movie. They are not directly in reaction to any policy of the United States or the government of the United States or the people of the United States."
CNN

You are conflating the protests that were happenening in Cairo and other places...and very measured statements...as saying something that they are not.

Thank you for affirming that the White House did not say that Benghazi was not a terrorist act, or that it was a direct result of the youtube vid.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
I don't want to minimize the importance of Rachel Maddow's ever so profound insights, but really ?

Has anyone noticed the world is going to hell in a hand-basket and we choose to brainstorm over this issue.

Hey Storm - It could be credibly argued that the degree to which the world is "going to hell in a hand-basket" is do to the fact that America is the leader of the free world and 40% of our citizenry follow an idealogy that has told them that facts, numbers and science are "communist". This disdain the GOP has for facts effects absolutely everything from our economy to national disasters preparadness to foriegn policy to our very culture as a country. We need to have the big debates...nothing wrong with conservatism...it is a virtuous idealogy and much needed in our national discourse. But conservatism that doesn't acknowledge basic facts is not conservatism, it is idealogical propaganda and left or right...that is a cancer to democracy. Until the GOP can acknowledge reality, they damage the country twofold...one with propaganda that drives corrupt policy and two...by being absent in rational discussions and debate, and they are needed.

Here is hoping that the GOP recovers thier sanity soon.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
@ newcovenant
There is something to be said about the character and will of a human who chooses a difficult course and sticks with it. Something intelligent about setting goals and achieving them and there is something special about graduation even if it is with a lowly Phd.

Hannity, Beck and Limbaugh didn't have the brains to get that.

People who think success doesn't matter and knock education belie their own.
I know you don't know what that means, (having been home schooled by someone whose qualifications amounted to, "PRIMATE," apparently) so, I am pretty safe from rebuttal.

edit on 11-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

What it says about her character is that she is lazy and too stupid to get a real degree. Poly sci is for people who cant hack a real course, one with thinking involved. There is no math, science, reasoning, anything difficult. There is nothing intelligent about it. All she had to do is show up. Please do not try and talk about my education, it is greater than yours and that idiot maddows. I knock her education because it is not one.

She has a hack degree. All it means is she had parents who were willing to pay for college long enough for her to slop through some moronic and made up curriculum. She bought a degree, good for her. It has no reflection on intelligence. How much does that say for her if the "dumb" college dropouts are ALL more successful than her. Guess those guys figured paying a hundred thousand dollars for an idiot degree was pretty dumb when they can be more successful without, plus still keep a hundred thousand dollars. Again you ignore dr savage.
Only a lib would think a poly sci degree is a sign of intelligence.
edit on 11-11-2012 by pyramid head because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Did not quote you, just thought I read in one of your earlier post of an example that was similar, I may be mistaken, if so I apologize.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

What I'm saying is that by placing all the blame on the President we are missing the big picture

Oh you are quite right. There are plenty of other people who are involved in ruining our Republic. Even my Dad knew about the Tri lateral commission in the 80's.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

You cannot legislate morality or good will toward man

And yet the liberals are endlessly trying to legislate political correctness. Your argument fails you. It's just that your brand of moralism is different from conservatives.
You cannot legislate morality but you expect to force half the country to accept certain things, such as religious institutions funding contraceptives. You just don't recognize liberals have their own version of morality.
edit on 12-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

he really did win, and he really was born in Hawaii,
and he really is legitimately President of the United States, again!
and the Bureau of Labor Statistics did not make up fake unemployment rate last month,
and the Congressional Research Service really can find NO evidence that cutting taxes on rich people grows the economy,
and the polls were not skewed to over-sample Democrats,
and Nate Silver was not making up fake projections to make conservatives feel bad, Nate Silver was doing Math!
and Climate Change is real,
and rape really does cause pregnancy sometimes,
and Evolution is a thing!
and Benghazi was an attack on us, it was not a scandal by us,
and nobody is taking away anyone's guns,
and Taxes have not gone up,
and the Deficit is dropping, actually,
and Saddam Hussein did not have Weapons of Mass Destruction,
and the Moon Landing was real,
and FEMA is not building concentration camps,
and UN election observers are not taking over Texas,
and moderate reforms of the regulations on the Insurance Industry, the Financial Industries in this country are NOT the same thing as Communism

Some of the things she listed are yet to be seen,

I am still in doubt when it comes to Global warming, AKA climate change. Duh, the climate changes.

Why does she think Republicans don't think the moon landing was real?

I remember this forum was really into the FEMA camps thing when Bush was in office. Never believed it myself.

We will see what happens with taxes, didn't Obama say he would raise taxes, of course he did.

People have varying thoughts on evolution and for god sake not all Republicans are non believers in evolution.

The school is still out on the Benghazi fiasco.

We will see where the deficit is heading.
edit on 103030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)
edit on 103030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

Maddow's commentary was awesome. A tantric poem.

Students of mine over the past few years have done papers on the fake moon landing. They have a lot of "evidence", like what they hear on the radio from people who collect their paycheck after sounding very serious and important (shouting helps).

Obama didn't say anything new about raising taxes. He just put what the House has already agreed to in a way that regular people would find reasonable. He also knows how to frame it vice versa. It turns out this "being educated" thing worked out to be a useful tool for Obama. Knowing things like "facts" and "historical precedent" turned out to be a lot easier to trust than blowhard science and apocalyptic forecasting.

There are a lot of highly educated people in the Republican Party and hopefully they will be more brave now and step forward to make their well-reasoned suggestions a bit more demanding. Polarization should be the enemy now. It doesn't matter who has the most power if none can be used to do anything useful.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by pyramid head

Glenn Beck
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh

All this neener neener coming from someone who calls him/herself "pyramid head."

I did go to "regular" college and even teach "regular" college. I still don't understand how you expect to get anybody to take you seriously when you are so obviously coming from bitterness and Big Hurting.

Try on what you would hope liberals would say to you if Obama lost in such a demonstrative way: "I am so hurt and vulnerable right now and I hate feeling this way. Everybody is being horrible about this and I invested a lot of my feelings in this election turning out a different way. I feel hatred but don't know who is in charge of this huge mistake and the world looks real scary and bleak right now."

While I teach critical thinking skills in my classroom (e.g. blasphemies such as "thinking for yourself" and "don't automatically believe everything you hear or read") I also strive to teach empathy at the same time. Part of life is being wrong. It should be. If we are going to experience our humanity in a real way, we have to experience being wrong sometimes. Learning how to be wrong in a way that is constructive and consensus-building is the best kind of being wrong ever, and those who engage in this will always be remembered as the people who made progress possible. They evolve into the leaders who can take a punch from the world because being wrong is not the worst thing that ever happened to them.

Try it on. Just go, "WOW I was so wrong." See the VALUE in that. If you can go ahead and experience being wrong, you will be a better teacher for anyone you encounter than if you keep insisting that you're right (and no one hears you).

edit on 12-11-2012 by alumnathe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

How so? Is the world really worse now than ever? It was not too long ago that the way to settle hearsay was to pick someone out to tie up and throw into the lake to see if they float. If someone says on the radio or TV or wherever that "things are getting worse" have you checked to see if, indeed, things are getting worse? Or did you just accept that it's true and decide that all the bad feelings you have must be because "things are getting worse." If you actually go to the trouble to find out if there is more crime in your state than 20 years ago, you're in for a big surprise. It's less! All over! But it serves no purpose to people trying to get elected into a six-figure job if you think things are better. They need you to feel real scared about everything, so you elect them to make it all better.

True facts: crime rate is down all over Westernized societies. It has nothing at all to do with elections or leaders, but all to do with advances in technology. Robots are making your life safer. That's why the weird crimes stand out so much: there aren't enough of them to make us think they are normal.

I dare you to provide a reference for every "fact" you type here.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Did you site a source? Really? Did you?

new topics
top topics

<< 28  29  30    32 >>

join