It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to GOP care of Rachel Maddow

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

All I can say is this is what the article is saying due to the expense of covering people under health insurance due to the new Obama care law. They will either have to lay off or pay the fines.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by girlofmountain1

Wouldn't it be neat if the CEO's cut their obscene salaries by 5% so they didn't have to lay off anyone AND were still filthy rich?

CJ

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

And what I'm trying to say is that as long as we keep blaming the President for all the country's problems we keep promoting this belief that they are all powerful. It is undoubtable that the President is more powerful than at the creation of the country. At the same time though we have also made him more and more of a scapegoat. Let's take the economy as an example. Obama, and Bush before him, keep getting blamed for our current economic situation. They're not the ones holding the purse strings though. Congress does but as long as we keep crediting the President with complete control of the economy we will keep ignoring where the real problem originates and keep electing the same people that caused it. All I'm trying to say is that the well being of the stock market shouldn't be dependent on who won a Presidential election and if we're truly at the point where it is then we need to start looking at the system as a whole instead of just blaming the guy in the Oval Office.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I understand what you are saying and its easy to blame the boss. But they have a lot of responsibility and its easy to say that they shouldn't be making all the money, but with the responsibilities, no one would do the jobs. Obama has to take some responsibility for some of this at least. It is amazing that this man takes no resposibility for anything. I take responsibility for what I do. If its under my watch its my responsibility.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I know there is a bigger picture but I can't put a face on it. Obama is the president and he is the one I see. We will never know the people involved in these decisions or where they originated from . Its like a silent partner.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1
reply to post by newcovenant

Well here you go newcovenant, see if this makes sense. Job layoffs due to the Obama elections. Written in the Washington Post titled Companies Plan Massive Layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality

Smith and Nephew 770 jobs
Abbot Labe 700 jobs
Coviden 595 jobs
St Jude Medical 300
Hill Rom 200
Medtronic 1000
Boston Scientific 1200 - 1400
Stryker 96% world wide
Dana Hold Corp 25,500
Welch Allen 275
Darden Restaurants limiting hours of workers
Kroger limiting workers to 28 hours per wk
There are many more, but I think you get the idea. It is a wonderful day isn't it!!!

Let me lay it out to you real simple so you can understand.

We have our Constitution and our Constitutional Protections and rights, designed to assure the welfare of the people.

We have basically 2 distinct and diverse groups working at politics trying their best to "adjust" that basic framework to suit their needs.

One group is organized, cooperates with a joint purpose. They are not obvious to the naked eye. They are very understated, you can only find them in the FINE PRINT. Money is no object to this group except that it is THE BALL and they always have to have the ball.

The other group is disorganized and fractioned both naturally and intentionally. They are overstated, obvious and dirt poor by comparison, mostly very confused and blind sided. They do not even know there is a ball in this game. They rarely ever get or see the ball.

Here are the groups....

GROUP #1 The wealthiest 1%.

GROUP #2 The rest of us.

Wealthiest 1% - Are so rich they consider themselves American Royalty. They are heavily connected through generations in politics and over the years have gained considerable sway and influence.

THEY are the POWERS THAT BE. At the core it is 400 families. Just 400 families.

They own businesses and in many cases virtual monopolies.
They like things just as they are and would like to keep it that way.
New ideas are pretty much shunned or purchased and then shunned.

Of course they employee people.
People cost money.

In subtle and slippery ways this groups works against "the people" and in their own best interest every time. They even pay people in politics and lobbyists to draft proposals and make laws that subvert the peoples interest and promote their own. Corporations have the right to influence politics. Is it possible we have let this group get to big and too powerful? Is it possible we are letting the tail wag the dog here

Can I tell you who the worker is? It is THE REST OF US.
The worker is the middle class.
The worker is the poor and the unemployed.

The ELITE....TPTB /Group#1 - That's his boss.
The popular go-to euphemism for him is American small business...small like Walmarts & Bain Capital.

Walmarts crushed America in 10 years! by putting mom & pop and all their employees out of work. They put all the American MFG that made mom & pops goods out of work. Then they started buying all the products from China in bulk and boosted China's economy while killing ours.
You want to put the folks behind Walmart fame in charge of the country? Haven't they shown their patriotism and true colors to you yet? If you do something why not weigh the effects in the long run and not just as far as you can see in the sort term on the American people. No

This move by these corporate giants is nothing but a total and absolute threat to the worker.
They are holding America hostage. These mega-giant companies have all the subsequent industrial empires following them. They are the Union Bosses of the rich.

Vote with the Republicans or lose your jobs.

Well we "the people" don't respond to threats.

They keep wages and benefits low. Downsize and send jobs to China. It was their greed and initial disrespect for the American worker and America that allowed them to invest more in foreign countries than here in their own country. Vast EMPIRES that made their name and their fortune here - TAKING THE PROFITS ELSEWHERE.

This was the downfall of the Greek Economy and will be here in America if you let these 400 families get away with robbing us blind. They perpetuate the idea Washington is corrupt and "government" is the problem to hide facts it is the dis-mantling of a perfectly good government that IS the problem.

By ONE SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP.
There ARE good people of character and integrity doing a thankless job in DC and there are those on the take and part of a vast and powerful network of people working and lobbying for that relatively infinitesimal group of Americas wealthiest few. They are many in the GOP, a few in the Democratic Party and they have a TV "News" Station as a portion of their HOLDINGS.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColoradoJens

Wouldn't it be neat if the CEO's cut their obscene salaries by 5% so they didn't have to lay off anyone AND were still filthy rich?

CJ

lol, well said...

well said.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

~Sigh~

My core values? I'll clue you in. I believe that ignorance is the greatest threat to society. I believe in protecting the weak from the strong. I believe in fairness. I believe in personal freedom. I believe in embracing the spirit that America was founded upon - and not the greed fueled joke it has turned into. I believe in opportunity for all - not just for the privileged. I believe in truth over lies. I believe in equality for all. I believe in standing up for what is right - even when it means having to fight to stay standing. I believe in the future. I believe that people are all relevant - even those who are not like me. I believe that power belongs to the many and not the few.

Now... what do YOU believe in? Other than fear of change that is.

~Heff

WOW, A ZILLION STARS for you if it were possible!!!!!!!

Judging from the silliness from those who keep debating with you with their absolute nonsense, it is CLEAR THAT THEY ARE IN FAVOR of the OPPOSITE of your values and beliefs. But they just wont come out and SAY IT!!!

And that is VERY SAD!!! VERY SAD. America was nearly DESTROYED due to people whom believe in the complete opposite of such GOOD AND DECENT values such as those which you discussed and favor.

This country needs people with values like HEFF FOR PRESIDENT. Good thing that Romney lost this election, as he and the Conservatives are the complete OPPOSITE of these values!!!!!!!! Thank GOODNESS America said HELL NO to therm!!!!

edit on 10-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
You are kind of like a few I know, head in the sand. Done here. You won. Enjoy your vistory!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Here we go another Liberal Generalizing Conservatives or Vice Versa ,IM TIRED OF IT ..I cant stand either party but its funny to see the Liberals talk and talk and talk and talk about how much better they are then everyone else and how the COnservatives should wake up ..MAYBE you should because your candidate got HALF THE POPULAR VOTE ..Because half of the country does not buy your BS its sad that the other alternative was a man who believes magic underwear can save him from evil ..PLEASE quit acting like your so much better then Conservatives because your the same , LIERS BSers and MONEY Power Hungry Morons ...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

Ah yes YOUR SO popular THX so much for turning the ELECTION into a popularity contest , and as always A liberal who claims so much more Moral Fortitude then the Conservatives yet you have no trouble attack people because of there views ..THat is so American of you a so LIBERAL of you , Liberals And Conservatives need to be shipped out of this country and let the people that care about our nation and fixing it run things ..INSTEAD of your endless fight over who RIGHT ...THUMBS UP TO YOU your the best ever

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Don't bother even trying to educate the unintelligent. By her last response to you that's all she is, especially since she didn't site any source for her fantastical numbers. Clearly if people can't see that these companies laying people off are pro-republican, then they wouldn't see a bat right before it knocked some common sense into them. I suggest a new technique, Bat to the head Politics, if that fails... try again.

On another note I enjoyed your last post, very well written and if someone did want to actually learn something that'd be a good place to start.
edit on 10-11-2012 by NoJoker13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by essanance

An I love the people that come into these politically charges forums and immediately start the same name calling that they're here to protest against. You know the same people that have no affiliation to either party, as you said, but clearly seem to be more politically biased against democrats and liberals, you know those people. How about actually contributing to the thread rather then just spreading the hate you care o so dearly about.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by NoJoker13

Sweetheart I did post a source. Go back and look, lol. You are so funny

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Can you explain your post to me? You say the President is weaker then the other two branches of Government and should not therefore be held accountable as he has no power. Then you say there is a long history of the President overstepping his power and ignoring the other two branches and not to blame Obama for doing it. So which are you saying? The President is to weak to do anything so don't blame him or the President is so strong he can bypass the checks and balances but still do not hold Obama responsible either way.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1
I understand what you are saying and its easy to blame the boss. But they have a lot of responsibility and its easy to say that they shouldn't be making all the money, but with the responsibilities, no one would do the jobs. Obama has to take some responsibility for some of this at least. It is amazing that this man takes no resposibility for anything. I take responsibility for what I do. If its under my watch its my responsibility.

No this is another lie they tell you. There was no problem finding people to do those high paying high responsibility jobs back when the wealth disparity was no where near as extreme as it is currently. It is easy to because it is definitely true. The working class has become more productive than at anytime in history, yet their wages have stagnated and decreased while the guys at the top took all the benefit of that productivity.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Firstredit
1Te Ohio vote sure Obama won cause the military didn't get their Vote counted. Don't denie it
2 born in Hawaii..no TRUE real SOLID proof.
3 is president sad but true...for now...I smell impeachment coming.
4Unemployemnet stats up for debate.
5 I agree.
6 democrats were Over sampled...fact ever pollster admitted that.
7 Nate and his guess. He said himself it's pure luck.
8climate change is real. Depends on what scientist you ask...fact
9 rape does Cause pregnancy sometimes DUH...
10This is the funniest one...evolution is a thing..what thing is it?
11Banghazi was a attack and you have to have been in a closet not to know there is a cover up on this and it will come out soon. Petreaus resigning today..how convient. COVER UP all day long. You'll see..
12obama now pushing the UN Gun treaty.
13Obama care is a tax per the supreme court judges.
14 the deficit is NOT going down, where do you get your information.
15 Saddam Hussien did have wmd's the are is Syria
16Moon landing real
17FEMA is not building Concentraction camps because they're already built. FACT..
18 nobody said the UN obServers were trying to take over Texas. The have no business here at all
19The last one. Then what do you call it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1stopthelies
reply to post by redtic

Firstredit
1Te Ohio vote sure Obama won cause the military didn't get their Vote counted. Don't denie it
2 born in Hawaii..no TRUE real SOLID proof.
3 is president sad but true...for now...I smell impeachment coming.
4Unemployemnet stats up for debate.
5 I agree.
6 democrats were Over sampled...fact ever pollster admitted that.
7 Nate and his guess. He said himself it's pure luck.
8climate change is real. Depends on what scientist you ask...fact
9 rape does Cause pregnancy sometimes DUH...
10This is the funniest one...evolution is a thing..what thing is it?
11Banghazi was a attack and you have to have been in a closet not to know there is a cover up on this and it will come out soon. Petreaus resigning today..how convient. COVER UP all day long. You'll see..
12obama now pushing the UN Gun treaty.
13Obama care is a tax per the supreme court judges.
14 the deficit is NOT going down, where do you get your information.
15 Saddam Hussien did have wmd's the are is Syria
16Moon landing real
17FEMA is not building Concentraction camps because they're already built. FACT..
18 nobody said the UN obServers were trying to take over Texas. The have no business here at all
19The last one. Then what do you call it.

Your response has been graded.

Next time study the materials before taking the exam.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

What I said is traditionally the President is the weakest. If you look at the powers given to them by the Constitution they don't have many. However, this has clearly changed over the years and it's not just Obama who's overstepping his bounds. It goes back at least over 100 years. So, since it is the Congress' job to decide economic matters, it is either their fault for passing the measures that led to our current situation or their fault for letting the President to usurp their powers. Either way before we can blame the President we must blame Congress for not doing their job properly.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32 >>

join