It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to GOP care of Rachel Maddow

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine
The GOP is doomed. I'm a conservative and I see the writing on the wall. Bill O'Reilly was correct... "the nation has changed fundamentally."
Fiscal responsibility... in a time of extreme financial crisis... took a backseat to social issues in this election cycle. The American populace seems to be more concerned about vaginas than our skyrocketing debt.
Let a woman do what she wants with her body, more power to her. Long as it is not illegal, who freaking cares?

As a white male from the South, this election has made me realize that my way of thinking (and don't stereotype me)... hard work, save your money, take care of your family and pass on your wealth to your kids... is probably not in the majority anymore. Old fashioned ways and traditions are dying off with the generations before mine and will continue to do so in the future.

I am terrified of our massive government gaining even more strength, which is what I think will happen now that Obama has a full final term to work with. I'll be looking for a political party that embraces personal freedom coupled with accountability and fiscal conservatism. Maybe libertarian, but it's time for them to get off the fence and start really getting out there and putting their views out for all to see.

As far as if the nation is divided... it's been that way for years.

Now is the perfect time for the Libertarian party to really get out there in the public eye. I disagree with many of their ideas, but they make some good points, and I respect their views. As long as they don't try to pick up the right fringe fundamentalists, like the Republican party did.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

And this kind of discourse uplifts and shows leadership and brings our country back together?

I see I can't get the message across to either side that only respect and civility will restore our nation.

God help the US, or the tattered remains after the bickering and intolerance divide it so deeply it no longer exists.

You have all proved my point. Some of you will even make fun of me saying God help the United States, that's what a sorry condition we are in.....

perpetuated by the media, hollywood "stars", music "stars" and even our own leaders.

Goodbye United States and I bid you a fond farewell!

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

The lack of Respect and Tolerance is why the GOP is in trouble.

I'm not talking about the campaign ads and all the name calling on both sides. Everybody hates that and nobody sane really believes or takes notice of it.

It's the perception of the GOP's lack of Respect and Tolerance for women's rights, immigrants, other religions/Atheism, the working poor....

The actual name calling doesn't matter. It's the core beliefs of the far religious right that make the GOP unelectable.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Fiscal responsibility... in a time of extreme financial crisis... took a backseat to social issues in this election cycle. The American populace seems to be more concerned about vaginas than our skyrocketing debt.

But ask yourself, who made it an issue?

It wasn't Democrats claiming women were sluts for taking birth control, that rape is god's will, that some women rape easily, or arguing over if something is a legitimate rape or not. The Democrats didn't tell the Catholic church to make a huge issue about insurance companies covering birth control.

The GOP made these topics major issues in this election by talking about them. The election should have been mostly about the economy (and I think for the most part it was), but GOP candidates almost had to swing so far to the right to appease the Religous Right and the Tea Party that they made these social issues a major issue in the election.

So I partly agree with you, we shouldn't have even been discussing these issues during this election, but it is the GOPs own doing that we did.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

IMHO, conceding facts and admitting that a different course of action may be necessary, despite partisan wishes, IS the ultimate in respect and civility. And patriotism.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
reply to post by Dreine

But ask yourself, who made it an issue?

It wasn't Democrats claiming women were sluts for taking birth control, that rape is god's will, that some women rape easily, or arguing over if something is a legitimate rape or not. The Democrats didn't tell the Catholic church to make a huge issue about insurance companies covering birth control.

The GOP made these topics major issues in this election by talking about them. The election should have been mostly about the economy (and I think for the most part it was), but GOP candidates almost had to swing so far to the right to appease the Religous Right and the Tea Party that they made these social issues a major issue in the election.

So I partly agree with you, we shouldn't have even been discussing these issues during this election, but it is the GOPs own doing that we did.

The problem was we had morons (Akin, Mourdock) running in the GOP who decided to have bouts of mental diarhhea and spew their ignorance, and it was held up for all to see. Should those two have lost... hell yes. They are stupid and assanine. However, what their stupidity did was take the focus of the election off of 'big' things like the economy and foreign policy and instead get everyone talking about social issues, where the GOP will ALWAYS lose due to their core constituency.

I really... REALLY... hope Obama and company can figure out a way to slow the deficit, because if not it doesn't matter what political party or religion or hobby group we belong to, economic collapse is gonna suck!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

It also wasn't the democrats that got elected on the platform of "Where are the jobs Mr. President in 2010". Which was a fair critique of what was happening only to get in office and immediately draft anti-abortion legislation. It is inconvenient, it is uncomfortable but it is also true. To make this President fail little was done economically and the extreme social agenda was pushed. I want to vote for the guy that wants to address bad trade policy among other things and can't because if I do the one that wants to probe me will get in office.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
ha you guys are proving her point by not addressing her points lmao.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

I don't have a party I just observe both, and what I see is,

The GOP doesn't lie as good as the Democrats, they must learn to spin the truth better, tell them anything to get elected.

For example you cannot have certain moral values and get elected, sell your soul.

Obama doesn't believe in same sex marriage he just new he had to say he did.

edit on 093030p://bThursday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
On an unrelated note - I think I have a crush on Rachel Maddow... which is wrong on like 5 different levels.

Now on topic:

This thread shows a prime example of the problem with the political dialogue currently - the inability of the GOP to comprehend the word "compromise". They have seemingly entered into this philosophy that getting 60% their way is not good enough - it's all or nothing. An untenable position for anyone engaged in bilateral negotiations.

Until this single issue is resolved, the GOP will continue to wither and die.

~Heff

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

And you're acting like someone is attempting to hurt you by saying: "Hey, facts are important. Let's all try to abide by them."

It is convenient to ignore history, very convenient.Economic recoveries take upwards of 10 years to be successful. No one, Republican, Democrat, or Raptor Jesus could have saved the economy in 4 years and despite all of the historical evidence regarding economic slow down there is still the UNFATHOMABLE complaining about "Obummer Obongo O-no O-never". I mean, holy hell, even Ben Stein has said that revenue must be increased with a conglomeration of other events. However, that FIRST STEP wasn't able to be done because Republicans decided to sign a "pledge" to some Grover man, instead of a pledge to AMERICA.

Of course social issues are going to be important, especially when some individuals were attempting to "Roll back the clock" in American by censoring founding father's from history books, cutting out slavery from history books, calling for global warming evidence to be removed from class, calling for creationism (religion) to be taught in class...and so on (THE LIST LITERALLY GOES ON).

I'm kind of mad that you have the nerve to try to take the "Saint" position. There has been so much aisle reaching by the part of the Democrats that it is just UNFATHOMABLE that anyone could argue otherwise and claim that the divisiveness that exists is the fault of this Administration or the Democratic members of congress. That is a blatant disregard of reality and true perception.

edit on 8-11-2012 by TheOneElectric because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Compromise means doing it their way,

How does compromise fit into, being true to oneself?

That is why my conscious will not allow me to vote for these people.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
One final note for the nice folks who monitor this site for safety reasons. I know you are there my hubby worked with you! HI!

I am not advocating violence of any kind when I say fond farewell to the United States.

I am expressing my sorrow that people aren't willing to budge from their own stubborn viewpoints and be willing to work with other Americans, regardless of their political party/ideology/theology/ideals to bring about a truly re-United States.

So once again I say

Goodbye to the UNITED States of America, it is no more and will probably never be again as long as people cling stubbornly to their view of "facts" and their ideals, their morality, their theology or non-theology, and their political stands are the only "right" ones.

So bye bye miss american pie, left my Chevy at the levy cause the levy (the US) was dry (shriveled by stubborn hatred of each other), and good old boys were drinking whiskey and rye singing......
these were the days she (US) died., yeah, these were the days she died.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
AND ONE MORE THING:

We are trying to help you by pointing out the flaws and asking you all to be more inclusive. That is all. We are trying to help, but if you all keep biting the hand that feeds you, DO NOT CRY WHEN YOU GET A BOOT. I'll give it until 2013 March. If, by then, the GOP is still trying this "Move right or no compromise" nonsense, then I'm out. I'm not helping anymore, I'm just going to say, you know what...leave it. We can carry America forward without all of that noise.

Take the hand NOW, and stop trying to slap it away. We can only extend it for so long. FOUR YEARS IS ENOUGH PANDERING. YES I AM MAD THAT YOU ARE TAKING THE "Holy Victim Position" I am very mad. However, my hand stays extended until March.

link   
Honest to god, you think the Democrats compromise?

link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Star for you....

I have said this for the last couple of years and people just plug their fingers in their ears and "la-la-la! I can't hear you!"

The real experts...economists...said that the economic collapse in 07 was so bad it was going to take 10 to 12 years to recover from it. But us impatient consumers could not stand to hear the truth so we trailed after whoever told us what we wanted to hear like puppy dogs. It is what it is. The way I see it, it is slowly waking up like a slumbering giant and starting to move again. It's better than it was but it has a long way to go. We'll talk serious in 2017 to 2019. Before that, you are just ignoring the reality of the situation...when you fall way down a moutainside, it takes a while to climb back to where you were before you fell.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

HealthCare went from Decent Socialized Medicine to 1994-1996 Republican Revolution crafted mandate doctrine. And then they pretended it was Liberal drafted stuff. I love the ignoring of the history!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

I too watched as Rachel Maddow laid it out in simple, easy to understand terms, that couldn't have been more clearly stated.

For all those out there, like Beezer, who don't understand how & why the GOP got slammed in this election, this presentation by Rachel is not only a must see, it's a must accept as truth. This is a turning point and if the GOP doesn't wake up soon, they will forever seal their fate.

Personally, I'm not sure that it's even possible for them to save their party. Primarily due to the fact that their interpretation of what needs to be done to fix the problem is for them to find a better way to "fool" the voters into believing that they are not the right wing extremist that we all know, they truly are.

F&S for the OP.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yes. I voted Democrat. Try me. You might be surprised. I'm all about finding common ground and the answers that work best for everyone - even if it inconveniences me. This is, after all, the fundamental core of what it means to live in a society.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by BritofTexas

I don't have a party I just observe both, and what I see is,

The GOP doesn't lie as good as the Democrats, they must learn to spin the truth better, tell them anything to get elected.

For example you cannot have certain moral values and get elected, sell your soul.

Obama doesn't believe in same sex marriage he just new he had to say he did.

I don't care if he believes in same sex marriage or not, although I actually think he does or at least doesn't really care either way.

What I do care about is that if the public approve of same sex marriage then the guy in charge should support it. No matter what his personal beliefs.

It's called Tolerance.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join