It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to GOP care of Rachel Maddow

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas
reply to post by grandmakdw

Maddow isn't the first one to say it and it was hardly a rant. It sounded almost pleading.

The truth is that the GOP got it's buttocks handed to it on a plate and she and others are explaining why.

I think it was Haley Barber who said. You know you are in trouble when someone asks you how the "rape" guy is doing and you have to answer "which one?"

How dare you put such a great man and fellow fraternity brother in the sentence as that idiot liberal shill!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
aHah.
?
edit on 9-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

That's right. You just keep the crazy coming.
Eventually people might just stop thinking altogether and these ideas will come in handy.
Right now THE TRUTH suits most of us, and I know you'll find it hard to believe
(everything is a conspiracy aint it?) but we didn't make it up.

Here is your first clue in case you decide to seek it out some day:

Follow the money.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pyramid head

Are you trying to say you don't like the poster?

It is more of a commentary.

If you don't think education is important then perhaps you get your news from the drop outs.

Glenn Beck
Sean Hannity
Rush Limbaugh

These guys might be sharing a brain - you are comparing them to Zuckerburg? LOL

Many people don't like Maddow. She checks her facts and is so irritatingly RIGHT so often.

Especially if you are of the far right faith - this will perturb you. I get it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

"I am going to mention one more time that Devout Catholic Hispanics overwhelmingly voted for Obama,
Devout African Americans overwhelmingly voted for Obama,

You know exactly what their core values are and they are Democrats."

This is funny.....what exactly is a devout African American? Are there differing degrees of being African American? One is more devout than the other? HaHa

And seeing that a prominent platform of Democrats is abortion. Any term, first trimester, second trimester late term....any term even born alive... , how does that exactly jive with Catholics? Doesn't that speak directly against what their God tells them? And wont' their God judged by their actions ... Even their votes?

If so doesn't this directly point more towards the government safety net...Government gives me stuff mentality than anything else on why they voted more for Obama than anything else?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Dickstryker

No the prominent feature of the Democratic platform is not abortion, it is however about the freedom to make that choice safely and legally. Freedom to make that choice without imposing their views on someone else. If the religious nuts could comprehend this simple part of it we can then go into the larger issues of how far along is too far along and under what conditions. Right now they are locked in a time warp dreaming of better days that never existed. The country is changing and moving forward without them. And they are blaming everyone and everything but themselves.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Nah, wrong. I'm sorry but opposing laws that punish murderers extra for killing pregnant women/the child? That's not a right to privacy issue. Yet a law that protects both woman and child from violent crime is 'moving in the wrong direction'? It's clear that to many the hard ethical questions surrounding abortion are settled. I have no respect for ideas that shallow. It's out of the mainstream.
edit on 10-11-2012 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

"No the prominent feature of the Democratic platform is not abortion, it is however about the freedom to make that choice safely and legally. Freedom to make that choice without imposing their views on someone else. If the religious nuts could comprehend this simple part of it we can then go into the larger issues of how far along is too far along and under what conditions. Right now they are locked in a time warp dreaming of better days that never existed. The country is changing and moving forward without them. And they are blaming everyone and everything but themselves."

I apologize. My original post indicated "A" prominent feature of the Democratic party is abortion......Not the "The" prominent feature.

No comment on religious nuts...Just the comment regarding "Catholic Hispanics". Catholics where I come from are taught that abortion = murder. I don't know where you hail from so it may be different as to why they voted for Obama.

So again, if Catholic Hispanics are taught by Catholic priests/nuns that abortion = murder, they either voted for Obama in blatent disregard for what their God commands them to or are "Catholic" in name only and just wanted the free stuff the Gov't provides.
edit on 10-11-2012 by Dickstryker because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-11-2012 by Dickstryker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Dickstryker

Or perhaps they realize that their religious views that they impose among themselves have no place being imposed on others in a multicultural secular society. It makes one neither a hypocrite nor immoral. No matter how much one kicks and screams the United States is not governed by any church it is Governed by secular law.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I haven't finished reading yet, but I have to say no matter how united we may feel as a country, we could never get a 100% consensus on anything, outside of a polarizing event like 9/11.

On topic, some of what she said is very true of the GOP while some is thrown into the mix to make them seem less credible, so I'd have to give her a C on that. Maybe a C-. That said, there has been an awful lot of negative back and forth in this thread. Compromise has never been a dirty word. I understand everyone has their own beliefs, but we need to work together on this rock if we are ever going to get off it and out into the universe. That means not belittling others for what they believe and taking the best of both worlds to create a solution everyone can agree with.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot

I have no problem with any sexual orientations. Just with a religion being FORCED to accept them. If they wish to be married in religion have them do it in another. Why FORCE Christianity to be the religion they are married in?

If you can show me anywhere that says churches will be forced to preform gay marriages I would love to see it. Legalizing gay marriage isn't going to force anybody to do anything they are against. You can get married in front of a judge in a courthouse or by the captain of a ship at sea, no religion needed. All it would do is validate that marriage in the eyes of the law, something that only a few states recognize. At the same time, I feel it should be left up to the states as the federal government is bloated as it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

I realize this may seem an extreme argument but it is still a valid one. Lets say that the majority of the people say that my wife or child should be sacrificed to the volcano God whoever. I should go along with it to get along? To agree with someone just to get their vote to me is abominable. No honesty at all. If you are willing to do that then you will probably be willing to let them sacrifice your wife or daughter for the same thing. Or is there a line there somewhere that I do not see. Lets see, the second child but not the first. Sometimes absolutes are necessary.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

There's a big difference between mob rule sacrifice and finding common ground with your fellow Americans. This country is a democratic republic for a reason, because democracy, which we claim to spread around the world, is majority rules.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

That makes no sense

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Shut up about Fox News. You dont watch it so how can you speak of it. You don't like Fox News because they are the only one telling the story of Benghazi. No one else would touch it. Is that the way you prefer to live in the dark? What if that was your father, brother, uncle, etc How would you feel? Would you not want to know everything about it? Get your head out of the sand, and start respecting your country. Geeze Louise. Its amazing. I shudder how we are leaving this country. To the ones that will be taking the reins. The United States of Dependence is more like it. This is a sad day for America when people stand with their hand out instead of working Its hard to fight Santa Clause. Don't ya get it? Make them dependent, and they will continue to vote for you. Its amazing. The stock market fell over 300 points the day after the election, the dollar was devalued again. Layoffs are skyrocketing because of the election. These companies were just waiting to see who was going to get elected as to how they would run their business. I will look for and post it here the 5 page list of companies that are laying people off because of this election. You wanted it, you got it!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by girlofmountain1

That makes no sense

What makes no sense? You are not making any sense. One of the reasons ATS asks you not to post one liners as you have is because it adds nothing to the discussion. Another reason we might add is because people have no idea what the cluck you are talking about.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Well here you go newcovenant, see if this makes sense. Job layoffs due to the Obama elections. Written in the Washington Post titled Companies Plan Massive Layoffs as Obamacare becomes reality

Smith and Nephew 770 jobs
Abbot Labe 700 jobs
Coviden 595 jobs
St Jude Medical 300
Hill Rom 200
Medtronic 1000
Boston Scientific 1200 - 1400
Stryker 96% world wide
Dana Hold Corp 25,500
Welch Allen 275
Darden Restaurants limiting hours of workers
Kroger limiting workers to 28 hours per wk
There are many more, but I think you get the idea. It is a wonderful day isn't it!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Just a word to the wise.... I am an Registered Nurse. There are severe cutbacks to hospitals etc. Look for a decrease in Nurses at the bedside. Decreased office hours at the doctors offices. Waits for elective surgies. Longer waits in the ER. There are already cutbacks to nursing staffs. I don't work in the hospital at this point in my life thank God, because it will not be a pretty place. It will look more like a military hospital running around trying to take care of the most serious patients first and the others will be left on their own until the emergencies are taken care off. I hate to say this, but people will die because of this. Supplies will be limited due to cost, it will be difficult to watch.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by girlofmountain1

If the economy and solvency of these companies are dependent on a single man then the problem is greater than just whoever is in the Oval Office. Traditionally speaking the President is supposed to be weaker than Congress and the courts. Yet it seems people are now of the idea that the President can do whatever he wants and can supersede the other branches of government. This isn't a new problem either, so don't try to go pinning this on Obama. For example Andrew Jackson ignored the demands of Congress on a number of occasions and Lincoln suspended the writ of habeas corpus. So this tradition of the President overstepping his bounds has a long history. If people think Obama can single handely shape the economy then the problem isn't Obama but a lacking education system and a Congress that refuses take back the powers vested in them.

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join