It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to GOP care of Rachel Maddow

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Spot on!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
The Pepsi/Coke rivalry is something that comes to mind as I read over this thread. 1) You have large numbers of people that adamantly support their product of choice. 2) Both sides claim the other side is wrong for whatever reason. 3) The ongoing rivalry is over two different brands of the same product. 4) Long term usage of either product is not a healthy choice and is often recommended by nutritionists that no intake of either product would be the healthiest choice. 5) Item number 4 is almost always disregarded by people loyal to their product and so... the rivalry rages on.

I would guess that the parable I used is obvious in its message. There is just one thing that I don't quite understand however; why does a site like ATS have so many people that still cling to the Republican/Democrat rivalry? In a more political website environment I can easily understand discussions that are this polarizing but isn't this site more for people who are able to see behind the curtain? Or at the very least people who are willing to at least try and look behind the curtain?

I listen to all sides and try to extract any wisdom from people who seem to possess it but it just seems insane that you will ever get any positive results from this Republican/Democratic rivalry that is scheduled to resolve their conflicts, oh... never. Does a perpetual state of war, forever, sound like a good system to live under? An army of politicians supposedly march on FOR the people every single day, right? If this is true then why are the people getting shortchanged at every turn? If you ever vote or support Republican/Democratic ideals then you feed the fire.

Maddow is a talking head who quietly asks that you look at the world through her special lens, as are all talking heads in the media.

"it is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it" – Aristotle

edit on 8-11-2012 by badgerpit because: pronoun misuse

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

Oh I agree...I have the GOP "comming to jesus" on the minority issue as a given. If they don't change thier platform in the 4 years they lsoe regardless. Sarah Palin as the VP pick of McCain ...in the end it was seen as a token gesture at best and a transparent and desperate political ploy at worst aimed to combat the Dems final two picks in the nomination...an African American and a Woman.

No... Rubio has a shot, but only in the context of a more center, more inclusive GOP...we will see if they go there.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Republicans will cater to any fringe group or religious sect they feel they can get votes from. They have their feet planted in cement. None of its members dare to sway away from their iron clad platform for fear of being ridiculed and ignored by the rest of their party. (Ron Paul was a perfect example. Just watching the Republican convention showed how narrow minded and underhanded they are by silencing one of their own). I still say Ron Paul would have been the better candidate.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

so you just want one party? Also, winning the popular vote by 2 million is not exactly an example of how conservative ideas are dead. The GOP doesn't need to change anything to make it easier for you to have you way.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

So....I take it you didn't want Obama to win?

I see you employing a defense mechanism. You're disapointed he lost, and are now saying that anyone who points out why Romney lost is being "divisive".

So really the only thing Democrats are allowed to do is shut up, and let you guys pout in a corner? Really?

Are we not allowed to show the GOP why they lost? Perhaps in the end it'll be good for them if they listen. We're practically helping them win a future election.

Don't be a sore looser and blame other people's posts on behavior you would exhibit if the tables were turned.

*tisk tisk* SMH
edit on 8-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by aravoth
reply to post by TheOneElectric

so you just want one party? Also, winning the popular vote by 2 million is not exactly an example of how conservative ideas are dead. The GOP doesn't need to change anything to make it easier for you to have you way.

It isn't the number that is important here. It is the demographics behind those numbers. If only angry white men and submissive white women make up your voting base the party is doomed. The conservative ideas are dying because they alienate single women, blacks, latinos, asians, teachers, the educated, scientists and homosexuals in their search for ideological purity. As these blocks grow the Republican base shrinks. Not changing anything is only going to make it easier for Democrats to have their way.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

You're full of &^%$

I'm not going to be nice to people who spew *#&^^% untruths.
edit on 8-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

Excellent. Then I suppose it's ok if no one is nice to you because you spew the same crap all the time.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

You're full of &^%$

Excellent. Then I suppose it's ok if no one is nice to you because you spew the same crap all the time.

I don't care if you are nice or not. Likely you wouldn't be anyway. Being nicey nice goes nowhere. Have your opinion for all I care. I am not sorry for putting on my boxing gloves after stupid Americans voted for the Marxist. I am just tired of the stupidity and bullsh&^ rhetoric of the left and all the lying and cheating.

What's more is I hope I am rattling your cage. It needs to happen. The country is running over the cliff and Barack and the Progressives are facilitating it at full speed.
No I do not give a darn if you like me or not.
Spew away and then clean up your own *&^% vomit.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw
reply to post by redtic

Way to rip the nation further in two!

A fantastic example of name calling and belittling that hurts our nation so deeply it may never heal from the rift.

No. It's fact calling. The rift occurs when some people call unfacts and get angry at those people like Maddow who refuse to believe in unfacts.
edit on 8-11-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I would add that most copnservative American parents simply will not support legalizing pot for the simple reason that it rots the brain and memory. TCH is known tro accumulate and store inside the fatty tissue of the brain, and tdo cause short term memory loss, as well as cause problems with the study habits of students, and to increase the possibility for psychotic episodes and paranoia.

Anyone who truly loves their children would never support this nonsense.

But conservative parents have no problem with alcohol being legal? Bring back prohibition! Alcohol kills brain cells, and overdosing on it has killed too many college students during frat parties. Not to mention the fact that alcohol is a great facilitator for date rape. And being drunk can surely cause problems with the study habits of students. I have seen some kids go through DTs and have some psychotic episodes. Evil stuff.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I have been following the political process since the 70's and I have never seen anything as strange as this election. In relation to the mainstream American, the Republican party took a completely untenable position.

About 119 million people voted this time around and that has not happened since the 70's.

The Republicans simply played politics like we all lived in the 50's and the strange part is they
really thought they would win.

Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Malynn

You're full of &^%$

I don't care if you are nice or not. Likely you wouldn't be anyway. Being nicey nice goes nowhere. Have your opinion for all I care. I am not sorry for putting on my boxing gloves after stupid Americans voted for the Marxist. I am just tired of the stupidity and bullsh&^ rhetoric of the left and all the lying and cheating.

What's more is I hope I am rattling your cage. It needs to happen. The country is running over the cliff and Barack and the Progressives are facilitating it at full speed.
No I do not give a darn if you like me or not.
Spew away and then clean up your own *&^% vomit.

Oooh, I think YOUR cage has been rattled.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It's going over a cliff? Bout damn time! Now drive a stake in it's damn heart and finish the vampire off. It's time to rebuild this damn place. Time for all new philosophies...The dems are obviously not going to change for the dieing Repubs and the Dieing repubs will never admit their outdated theocracy has no place in the modern world.

Fine...you folks fight it out to the death and the party with the last person standing wins...and then you can join us.

I am glad I am a Libertarian. I am glad I fully understand what the philosophy of freedom means. Apparently there are a ton of so called "freedom loving" Americans in the Democrats and Republicans that don't have a clue what Freedom and Liberty actually means.

The true test of the love of freedom and liberty is if you can allow someone you totally disagree with to be free as well. If you cannot...you do not love freedom...and I can see through all these pages...most of you DO NOT really love freedom...just your version of it.

edit on 11/8/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Whoever said that? Alcohol is already legal, just not for underage.. Why make pot legal too? Why would you even ask a question like that? I think most conservative parents try to watch over their kids behavior as much as they can for their own safety. What conservative parents are calling for a lowering of the drinking age hmmmmm?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

It's going over a cliff? Bout damn time! Now drive a stake in it's damn heart and finish the vampire off. It's time to rebuild this damn place.

Well thanks for showing us all your hatred of America. You could get a job working for Barack.

I think it interesting though that China has just unveiled a new fighter jet which apparently seems to be based on stolen US technology. Thanks Clinton and thanks OBama

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kashai

The Republicans simply played politics like we all lived in the 50's and the strange part is they
really thought they would win.

Any thoughts?

I lived in the 50s.

I have no desire to live in the past or revisit it.

What we have now is The PEOPLE'S PRESIDENT. A president of this generation.

And its about damn time!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Republicans will cater to any fringe group or religious sect they feel they can get votes from. They have their feet planted in cement. None of its members dare to sway away from their iron clad platform for fear of being ridiculed and ignored by the rest of their party. (Ron Paul was a perfect example. Just watching the Republican convention showed how narrow minded and underhanded they are by silencing one of their own). I still say Ron Paul would have been the better candidate.

You're full of &^%$

I would add that most copnservative American parents simply will not support legalizing pot for the simple reason that it rots the brain and memory.

Then they should also be opposed to alcohol, synthetic sugars, television more than a couple hours a week, smoking cigarettes, and a multitude of other things (to include red meat and pork)

Your saying why you don't. and thats fine..and it is honest. there are issues with that subject as you mentioned, but equal to legal stuff we do. it should be a informed decision of a person though
and -that- is where republicans theoretically stand..not for nanny state to tell you what you can and cant have because they disapprove. that is not addictive, alcohol is. Tell me why you want big brother to weigh in on this nd not alcohol

Anyone who truly loves their children would never support this nonsense.

"for the children" is nonsense and the leading cry at removing liberties from people.
I have no kids. stop treating me like one. You don't want your kids to light up..then dont buy em any.
(incidently, I personally no longer use..haven't in over a dozen years. I give no grief to anyone whom does..their choice and it has -never- effected me. hard drug users have effected me..but soft stuff..nope.)
But ya...I don't give a rats --- about your kids...so no, I won't be willingly giving up -my- liberties because your a unfit parent who wants the state to ban verses you educate
(not directed specifically at you, your probably a wonderful parent..more of a general statement there to people wanting bans over being active in their child rearing)

Thats all I will state on the subject your discussing. Consider the argument or not, your choice..but we should move away from this subject considering we are edging close to ats rules..and post removal is annoying.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Ron Paul's observation is right on,

Ron Paul: Election shows U.S. 'far gone'

Rep. Ron Paul, whose maverick presidential bids shook the GOP, said in the wake of this week's elections that the country has already veered over the fiscal cliff and he sees no chance of righting ship in a country where too many people are dependent on government.

"We're so far gone. We're over the cliff," the Texas Republican told Bloomberg Television's "In the Loop" program. "We cannot get enough people in Congress in the next 5-10 years who will do wise things." The video can be seen at www.bloomberg.com...

Mr. Paul, who is retiring after 12 terms in the House, said voters on Tuesday rejected Mitt Romney because he had opposed the government bailout of General Motors and Chrysler.

"The people in the Midwest voted against him: 'Oh, we have to be taken care of!' So that vote was sort of like what we are laughing at in Greece," Mr. Paul said.

"People do not want anything cut," he said. "They want all the bailouts to come. They want the Fed to keep printing the money. And they don't believe that we've gone off the cliff or are close to going off the cliff. They think we can patch it over, that we can somehow come up with some magic solution. But you can't have a budgetary solution if you don't change what the role of government should be. As long as you think we have to police the world and run this welfare state, all we are going to argue about is who will get the loot."

Read more: Ron Paul: Election shows U.S. 'far gone' - Washington Times www.washingtontimes.com...
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join