It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to GOP care of Rachel Maddow

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by grandmakdw

Keep it up OP and keep encouraging the split of our nation in two because of intolerance and a non-acceptance of people who hold different ideas than yours.

Thinking a woman who gets raped can't get pregnant isn't a "different idea" ...it is scientifically incorrect and was espoused by a GOP congressman endorsed by Mitt Romney and someone who was appointed to the SCIENCE COMMITTEE!

If the GOP doesn't want to be ridiculed...then stop saying insane, offensive crap refuted by reality.

Hell...I like conservatives...I respect conservative philosophy...but the current GOP deserve to be called out...by conservatives and liberals alike!
edit on 8-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

I'd like to point out that Obama won 2 terms and yet people are still blaming Bush also like to point out the Democrats wrote that budget considering they took power in the house in 2007.

But hey who cares right?

8 years of Obama and all people can still do is blame Bush.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jerk_Idiot

This thead just went somewhere that I thought even ATS wouldn't go... just wow.

Um... second line...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

You managed to prove this post worthy in less than 100 words...Its people who think and behave with a group mentality that suffer the most in times like these. I feel bad for you

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That video was fantastic

She was absolutely spot on

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by HappyBunny
There is insurance that will cover that, actually.

It is not cheap and I would not be force to have it too. I understand your point, I really do, but I also look at the reality of things...

The reality right now is 23% of all taxes go to healthcare as it is right now. At our current rate we are spending a trillion dollars per year more than we take in. If we go to "everything is free for everyone" how much more cost would that be? How do we generate more taxes than what we do right now?

It is a known fact that the taxes Obama wants to put on the rich would only run the country for 10 extra days, so that whole class warfare has been basically election spin. Where do we get the taxes? We would need to tax EVERYONE much more than they are now. The middle class pay under 10%, so would you mind if another 20% in taxes was placed on ALL Americans, rich or poor, to pay for this Swedish utopia type healthcare?

That is what we will need to do, and we will even need to raise taxes on everyone anyways or that trillion we spend extra every year will never be zeroed out.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

I have a question for you that again most people do not want to look at. Are you aware that the health care of your country, of most country's, are paid for by the US? You do not think so? Then why do we have to pay so much for drugs that we develop and make in this country but other country's only have to pay maybe a tenth of what we do? Someone has to pay for the development of them and I do not see anyone else volunteering to pay for them. I have friends that have to go to Mexico or Canada to buy normal drugs simply because they can not afford them here. What do you think about the US just paying its fair share and the rest of the world put up the difference? It would lower our health care costs tremendously. Oh that's right. It would cost other country's to much then for their healthcare.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Truth is if libertarians had been reasonably welcomed by the GOP via Ron Paul, etc. this go around... the Democrats would be the ones who would have a video like this being made about them being "spanked". Neither red/blue side can claim any sort of solid victory... merely a barely supportive nod (and both sides know it in truth).

Perhaps we should start paying attention to the people who actually vote rather than just cheer for a team and care more about why they are on the losing side rather than whether they are losing whether they cheer for red or blue?

The charade is up... I don't see another "normal" election cycle in us given the sort of information out *now* much less over the next 4 years.
edit on 8-11-2012 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I love there false arguments regarding how the OP is further dividing the country by ridiculing the 'opinion' of others. Those so-called opinions are no such thing. They're actually incorrect beliefs, inaccurate interpretations of flawed data and flat out wishful thinking. Reiterating fact is not devisive - it's educational. You want to have an opinion - go crazy. You want to make up things - go crazy. You'll get some to believe you, but not enough to sway an election. There just aren't that may gulible people out there, no matter how hard you wish they were. Turn off FOX. Or, at least mix in some news from another source. Your only hurting yourselves by refusing all other flavors of opinion, news and interpretaions. Don't belive me? Good! Be happy with your knowledge of the 'truth', while the real world moves on, has elections without you and marginalizes your fringe ideas into irrelavance. Your call.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire
If those on the Republican side want to end the divisiveness, they need to start by disavowing Rush Limbaugh, Ann Coulter, Donald Trump, Bill O'Reilly, and all the other low information, highly paid morons that are clogging up the airwaves with anger, hatred and misinformation.

If those on the Democrat side want to end the divisiveness, they need to start by disavowing Rachel Maddow, Chris Matthews, Mica Brzezinski, Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz, Arianna Huffington, Paul Krugman, Al Sharpton, George Soros, Bill Moyers, Dan Rather, Phil Griffin, all of Media Matters, Daily Kos, and all the other low information, highly paid morons that are clogging up the airwaves with anger, hatred and misinformation.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Well I would have to agree with her on everything but "and FEMA is not building concentration camps." Now, technically it may be true that FEMA isn't building any but the fact is we already have them. And, I personally wouldn't refer to them as concentration camps; I just refer to them as FEMA camps. They do exist, and if for whatever reason, there was some type of national emergency or martial law was declared, people would be brought to these camps. Some may go on their own or the military would bring them there 'for their own good.' But I bet you would not be able to leave. So, if it ever comes down to having to go to one of these FEMA camps, I guarantee you, I wouldn't go.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Wow. What she said.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Thinking a woman who gets raped can't get pregnant isn't a "different idea" ...If the GOP doesn't want to be ridiculed...then stop saying insane, offensive crap refuted by reality.

One lone nutter said something absolutely moronic. And so the twit Maddow decides to include that in her list of absurd "lessons to the GOP" ... like that person represents most of the GOP and how it thinks?? That's ABSURD.

How would the left like it if Ann Coulter played the tape of Peggy the Mooch and said that this women represents all of the democrat party ... just a bunch of freeloaders ... and the left needs to learn from it. Would that be an accurate or fair thing for her to do? NO. Not even close. And so, for Maddow to put in her rant the insinuation that conservatives generally believe that a raped woman can't get pregnant ... that's just her causing more division. Sad that so many on the left are being cheerleaders for this kind of bunk. :shk:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Dreine

Yes. I fell into his trap. Ignorance is bliss. My problem is with the hypocrisy of someone who says this is SCIENCE but then when they dislike or it is not PC what science says they put blinders on. My response was as careful as I could put it. I did not insult anyone. I was careful to not name any group because according to history it has been done to ALL races not just one. Of course that is something else no one likes to talk about either. It would take away the specialness. LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by xedocodex

I'd like to point out that Obama won 2 terms and yet people are still blaming Bush also like to point out the Democrats wrote that budget considering they took power in the house in 2007.

But hey who cares right?

8 years of Obama and all people can still do is blame Bush.

I'm not "blaming" Bush, I'm stating facts.

This is the entire point of this thread, Conservatives perceive facts as either attacks or excuses, when in fact they are just verifiable facts.

You see, you didn't dispute the fact that the 2009 spending is from Bush's budget, including the bank bailouts and the Bush tax cuts, you just ignore those facts and go on to attempt to "attack".

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

For effs sake Flyers, did you just liken Dan Rather to Rush Limbaugh? ...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

ATS needs to have a contest for best response with multiple applications...

You should win it for the best....

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Quote in Maddows strange rant ...

and no one is taking away anyones guns

Oh really? ATS Thread - Obama supports UN Global Gun Ban 24 Hours After Reelection

edit on 11/8/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Quote in Maddows strange rant ...

and no one is taking away anyones guns

Oh really? ATS Thread - Obama supports UN Global Gun Ban 24 Hours After Reelection

edit on 11/8/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

Holy crap.

This is why intelligent conversation can't exist between left and right.

An international arms treaty is not going to take away US citizens guns, for god's sake.
edit on 8-11-2012 by xedocodex because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join