It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message to GOP care of Rachel Maddow

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

and yes Ohio really did go to President Obama last night,

he really did win, and he really was born in Hawaii,
and he really is legitimately President of the United States, again!
and the Bureau of Labor Statistics did not make up fake unemployment rate last month,
and the Congressional Research Service really can find NO evidence that cutting taxes on rich people grows the economy,
and the polls were not skewed to over-sample Democrats,
and Nate Silver was not making up fake projections to make conservatives feel bad, Nate Silver was doing Math!
and Climate Change is real,
and rape really does cause pregnancy sometimes,
and Evolution is a thing!
and Benghazi was an attack on us, it was not a scandal by us,
and nobody is taking away anyone's guns,
and Taxes have not gone up,
and the Deficit is dropping, actually,
and Saddam Hussein did not have Weapons of Mass Destruction,
and the Moon Landing was real,
and FEMA is not building concentration camps,
and UN election observers are not taking over Texas,
and moderate reforms of the regulations on the Insurance Industry, the Financial Industries in this country are NOT the same thing as Communism

I really can't say this better myself. I *know* conservatives have some good ideas, but the current GOP and right-leaning media really need to come out of their "vacuum" and join the real world.

+40 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by redtic

Way to rip the nation further in two!

A fantastic example of name calling and belittling that hurts our nation so deeply it may never heal from the rift.

Keep it up OP and keep encouraging the split of our nation in two because of intolerance and a non-acceptance of people who hold different ideas than yours.

Way to heal the nation, name calling, ridiculing etc.

How do you respond when a person calls you stupid, ridicules you and puts you down and then tells you to accept their ideas as the correct one? Think about it OP.

+61 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

Keep being stupid.

That'll bring everyone together, for suuuure. Either read the material or don't come to class. There is one way to mend this nation...and it involves the GOP moving from the right. America has spoken.

+44 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Hearing the words in that video all I can say is...

I wish I'd have had the calm and rational mindset to have written the same.

Maybe some sanity will prevail now that the emotions and hyperbole of election season have passed. The message given by the majority is loud and clear. It's time for the GOP to let go of the extremism and start engaging rather than obstructing. A negative policy can only result in negative results.

~Heff

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

You just made my point with your divisive rant.

You are joining the people who can't handle it that people can have differing opinions and still be good people.

You have now officially joined the ranks of those whose goal is to rip the country in two with your response.

+39 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Hey Grandma, since when is stating facts name calling?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Komonazmuk

I do believe that "keep being stupid" is saying the person is stupid. Name calling and divisive language that only rips people and countries apart to the point where healing becomes a near impossibility.

If someone were to tell you "keep being stupid" and then tell you to believe what they say you should believe and that you should come and help them make things "better" and that you really want to join them in an activity (such as fixing the nation). I can only imagine your reply. What would it be?

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

I'm ready for the nation to get past this engineered division and move on as well. The sad fact is, that list of idiocy was truth though. It's things like this that caused me to leave the Republican party shortly after 04 when I regretfully helped George W get a second term that caused me to find a new party and a new philosophy. Well, I didn't really find a new philosophy...I found a party that represented what I already thought.

All this raging and gnashing of teeth has been caused by the few to divide the people purely to get elected. The polarizing of our citizens was designed by intent. It's the oldest trick in the book of war..."Divide and conquer"

We all need to be bigger and smarter than this, realize what they are doing and don't let them do it anymore.

"A nation divided cannot stand"

edit on 11/8/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

grandmakw, here is your chance. Point out exactly what was false in the OP posting? And please do so with facts, not opinions.

As far as this country being ripped in two, your anger at the facts presented show it has already happened.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

The entire tone was condescending, belittleing and does nothing to heal. It is a na, a, na, na boo boo rant by Maddow. One that will keep ripping our nation apart at the seams.

I don't know why the media thinks it is a good thing to belittle and condescend rather than try and heal a nation clearly divided into two nations. One red and one blue, and with this kind of we won get over it attitude like was displayed in 2008, the nation will continue to get ripped until it can no longer stand.

+38 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
GREAT commentary by Rachel. IMHO, she is the smartest person they have on MSNBC. The GOP should listen to her, she is absolutely right. The Republican party of religious fundamentalists is fading fast. I'm beginning to think the two next major parties will be the Libertarians and the Democrats.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric

Keep being stupid.

That'll bring everyone together, for suuuure. Either read the material or don't come to class. There is one way to mend this nation...and it involves the GOP moving from the right. America has spoken.

America has not spoken anything, the GOP needs to move back to the right...
These milktose fake conservatives are disgusting which is why Romney couldn't win..
No one wants a middle of the roader.. They either want a far left like Obama or a far right.
I wish tis' not true but people would rather loose their life then compromise core principals.
Be it a lefty or righty, moderates DON'T win.
As for rachael maddow, well no one watches her show except far leftist. So anyone quoting her
telling others to go to the center needs one hell of a reality check.
edit on 8-11-2012 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

As to your point it has already happened - a divided nation.

Does that mean people should do their best to make it worse?

Or do you believe we should try and heal? Sounds like you are skeptical it will ever happen. So sad.

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Maddow isn't the first one to say it and it was hardly a rant. It sounded almost pleading.

The truth is that the GOP got it's buttocks handed to it on a plate and she and others are explaining why.

I think it was Haley Barber who said. You know you are in trouble when someone asks you how the "rape" guy is doing and you have to answer "which one?"

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

I have to disagree with you. Extremism accomplishes nothing.

I did not want either of these men to win. But I disagree that Obama is far left wing. He is almost as centrist as Kennedy was. Do you really know what far left and far right mean? or are you just parroting what others say because you don't like the guy and you are butthurt over the election loss by Romney?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by BritofTexas

Maddow isn't the first one to say it and it was hardly a rant. It sounded almost pleading.

The truth is that the GOP got it's buttocks handed to it on a plate and she and others are explaining why.

I think it was Haley Barber who said. You know you are in trouble when someone asks you how the "rape" guy is doing and you have to answer "which one?"

What? The GOP didn't get anything handed to them. Did you see the vote count? Did you see the election map of the US county by county? Obama slipped through thanks to Maddow and the rest of the media being 100% in the tank for him.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

One thing you are wrong about is that you seem to think Obama won by a landslide. But that is not the case. Look at the popular vote, very close to 50/50

That is what I am worried about. Our nation is deeply divided and pretending Obama won by a landslide and only Democratic ideals/morals/ideology is the correct one for the United States only makes the divisions worse. If Romney won by a slim margin, I'd say the same thing.

It seems that people are putting their heads in the sand as to how deep the divisions are in our country, and no one seems willing to be civil and reach out across the divide.

If this keeps up, America is doomed through internal strife and division. Caused by who, us,, US, the United States will no longer be US, or us, but red and blue who will never again combine on the white background.

+37 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

She is not belittling you, she is giving you undisputed empirical fact. The people that are dividing the country are not the ones presenting the facts, it is the ones that just flatout deny them like you are. We get it the truth hurts sometimes but that is no excuse to continually deny it. For four years the Republican Party has done nothing but prey on those who no matter what fact is presented will accept it. They did all of this to ensure Obama was a one term President, they sabotaged this country refusing to even try serving the public interest to make sure he failed. So now what are you going to do spend another four years reading birther threads and disputing his legitimacy or trying to get a principled compromise on policies that need to be addressed?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by gangdumstyle

I have to disagree with you. Extremism accomplishes nothing.

I did not want either of these men to win. But I disagree that Obama is far left wing. He is almost as centrist as Kennedy was. Do you really know what far left and far right mean? or are you just parroting what others say because you don't like the guy and you are butthurt over the election loss by Romney?

This whole thread is based on "parroting" Rachel Maddow, what the hell are you talking about..

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
If you didn't know better, you would look at the transcript and think that those she was addressing are certifiable.

The entire list is made up of things that are so far from reality that it's scary.

I mean did you guys hear Meghan Kelly asking Karl Rove that question about what he was saying concerning Ohio?
-She asked him if he was doing Republican math to make him self feel better! They're admitting on national news that they do special math in order to delude themselves! This must have an effect on their viewers. This is why we have the bat*&it crazy righties crying all the time. They do special math.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join