It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for...More? Have You Ever Experienced This?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
wow, I didn't know so many ppl feel this way to!
For the last 10 years I often said "I'm waiting for something but I don't know what it is!"

This feeling caused me to go much deeper into my spiritual beliefs, since I thought that was the area to be looking for my "something".
At times the feeling became so strong that It felt like all I had to do was reach out my hand so I could touch it. I never figured it out though.

Now, as the OP, the days I live are all the same and although I started to believe that nothing will ever come at all.... deep down I hope it does.

Whatever it is, whatever will happen, I hope it will happen soon!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I feel the exact same way i guess. I am 16 and have made lots of poor choices already that have drastically affected my life. My life kinda feels empty and it feels like Im waiting for something to happen.

Maybe because I don't have many positive emotions for our current reality my brain has done this because it makes me happier, thinking that something with happen thats significant and will feel like it has purpose.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl

All my life, I’ve felt like I’m waiting for…..something. I can’t define that something, except that its more. More….different. More….beyond.

Yes, I have had this feeling all my life, too.

It's a constant feeling of waiting for the "other shoe to drop."

I look at it this way now though, after many years of it. If it didn't happen this way, we would have all given up on life a long time ago.

It keeps you tuning into life, like a cliff hanger end of season episode. Sort of like, "Who shot JR?"

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE
reply to post by smyleegrl

Try reading Eckert Tolle's "A New Earth - Awakening to your inner purpose".

I have seen this book suggested many times via my FB feed. I feel the same the OP does. After seeing this thread and your reply I finally decided to order the book via Amazon. I got it for $4 bucks with shipping.

This must be a good book, since it's been suggested many times for certain feelings I've had. I look forward to reading it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I've felt this way for at least 5-6 years, but I see it as more of a Spiritual thing and not a religious thing. AS more people begin to wake up, I think we are experiencing more and more of the Collective Unconscious, both the good and the bad. That is why anxiety is up because we feel the generalized rumblings and not much specific. Things filter down from the Supra Consciousness into the Intellectual and Emotional realms, and it takes a lot of ruminating to get much of a clue. We're either on the side of Good or on the side of evil. Whom do we serve?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I was speaking to some friends about this earlier this evening, I would like to refer to the people who feel this way Sensitives. I am also one. the best way for me to describe it is, in classical music, the music is very very low, soft, and it slowly grows louder and louder to a crechendo(sp) with cymbals and such. Or in lamest terms, its like a slap in the face sometimes, and I think this slap in the face will wheel alot of people around, and knock them on their arse. I'm refering to the delusional people who go through life like everything is hunky dory....the sheeple if I may. My only solace I have is I know I will survive, while they have no clue. It sounds crass I know, I don't want to see anyone harmed in any way, but knowledge is power. But, having the correct knowledge is beneficial.
As an example...I had to work with an Engineer who went to collage for 8 years, yes, he was smart, but when it came to everyday life and relating to people...the dude didn't have a hope in hell. Get my drift??

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I think I know this feeling. It is generally a positive feeling that something will occur that will be cool. That what is now is not how it will be but something is going to happen to change everything. It is a positive feeling even though I cant know what it is that will happen or when or even if it will occur. I think this is the way we should feel.

This seems to be the opposite of the feeling of dread or anxiety. The opposite of depression.
Perhaps at its extreme, a delusion?

I believe this is a psychological phenomena although I can't find any reference to it.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I too am waiting..

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I have had a very weird thing happen to me on two different occassions. Sometimes if I'm hanging out with one person I have a really good time with and if I'm really sucked into my surroundings. It has felt subconsciously as if someone was with us the entire time and kit almost feels like their vibe has been adding to the atmosphere of the situation. The whole time. But in reality no one was ever there. The best way I can describe it would be to ask you to think of a time you were hanging out with your best friend and then think of the atmosphere of when you hang out with your best friend and their wife. Completely different mood and atmosphere l. Their presense and gibe adds to the flow of the experience...... anyways sometimes it feels like one of my friends were MEANT to be in my life with me and another friend but just never showed up or did something instead but we almost live the moment without noticing they're not there. And its like I barley catch myself. For instance I finally caught oj the second time it happened when I was waiting for that person to close the door to my room, but there was nwvwe anyone else about to walk into the room.

Thefirst time it happened myfriend that WAS with me pointed it out. We were on vacation walking in from he beach and we were joking around and sort of waiting up for someone. Finally he was like, dude we just had a conversation with someone I swear, i could of sworn we were just with one other person back by the dunes that was really weird. And I felt the exact same way once he mentioned it. The craziest part about it was we were literally standing in the parking lot waiting on this person that was supposed to be with us to walk around the corner. We literally noticed we were living a moment that someone was missing in. Hahaha sorry if this sounds random

Sorry for all the errors.......kindle fire lol
edit on 21-11-2012 by whoisogre because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join