It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waiting for...More? Have You Ever Experienced This?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I’ve pondered whether or not to share this with you, and finally decided to bite the bullet this morning. So here goes.

All my life, I’ve felt like I’m waiting for…..something. I can’t define that something, except that its more. More….different. More….beyond.

I know that doesn’t make any sense, so let me try and clarify. Everyday is the same for me; I go through life not really living in the present. I mean, I spend my typical day feeling distracted; like my job, my family, my self is a distraction from the something more.

It’s a very uneasy feeling; I have no idea if the “more” is a positive or negative at all. But there’s almost a hum in the air, a sense of change, a feeling of otherness.

I know this isn’t making sense, and that’s probably because I can’t make sense of it myself. Maybe its best described as realizing this world is an illusion, and the real world is just around the corner?

I grew up religious, and always had that feeling. Now I consider myself agnostic, but with spiritual tendencies. I don’t believe that the “more” is religious in nature.

I guess it feels like a countdown, maybe. Or maybe I’m just more aware of the uncertainty in life.

So my question to you, ATS…..do you ever feel the same? If so, I’d love to know how you deal with it.

Thanks in advance,

smylee

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

Try reading Eckert Tolle's "A New Earth - Awakening to your inner purpose".

It was very powerful for me, changed my life, gave me inner peace - and I have read thousands of books over my life.

Many other people I have spoken with who have read it have felt the same way as well.

It is the book that should truly be called "The Secret".

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I feel the waiting sensation, but on a smaller scale, and it only began happening a few years ago.
Everything I do is a distraction from it. I'm waiting for my own death.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I know exactly how you feel. The feeling of something...more. Like you're waiting for something, but you don't know what. The feeling that maybe something will change...

Whether that change is good or not, you don't know, but there is something in the air.

But the only difference between you and me is that instead of feeling agnostic, I'm beginning to feel more spiritual. Like, Revelations is about to happen but before it happens, we will be saved from Eternal Damnation. I'm praying a lot more lately, and have been feeling a mixture of joy and dread every time I think about the future.

But, every time I look up at the sky, I feel a sense of calm, like that same feeling I've been getting is something wonderful that's coming. Like Jesus Christ is coming back again, and we will be waiting for Him to take us Home.

We only have to wait a little bit longer to find out what that something is. To be honest, my deepest feeling is telling me that something amazing is coming. All this talk on the news about death and destruction is what is clouding our thoughts, and making it seem like something bad is coming.

But something good is on the rise, and we must prepare mentally and spiritually for it.

Look up to the Heavens, and pray

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Many of us feel the same way.. That nagging feeling that something big is coming soon..We are all waking up as well, which is making our senses very strong..
It's coming, but I too have not the answer yet..So we wait.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
IMO this guy has some of the best info on ascension:

Short videos about Ascension

This is a good one to start with:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I have this same feeling. My mother and aunt gave me religious raising while my father has always been agnostic, down to earth guy who see his religious view in nature itself. I think my early childhood was more focused on my motherside teachings when i was in sunday school etc but in same time my father gave me different views which actually became stronger in time, things that don´t add up. I believe in something greater and believe in miracles.

Im also waiting for something i really can´t put my finger on it, something what is about to happen and this conciousness im having now feels fake one. By the years gone by i have found myself thinking more about universal awareness than focusing religiously. I believe we misinterpret the New Testament and definition of the church, i also believe Jesus never ment church to be installation of material wellness or part of politics.

How to proceed from this dualistic way of view, don´t really know, time will tell and the choices i make. I got to trust my feelings and sense which path to choose as i believe what is inside us as a purest will guide us well.
But this requires to skip material view of life.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
You likely had a very interesting previous life, compared to the present life. I feel like this also but realize that my job is to embrace the life I have now because I need to. People are born with no previous memories because we would try to relive previous lives, if we knew about them. Nonetheless, we retain some of the tone of the previous life. Having the same life over and over is not conducive to consciousness growth. We need to really get into whatever and wherever we are. In some way, make this into a wonderful life by doing what you know to be right and fantastic.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
For as long as I can remember I have felt to some extent like an observer. As a child I would see a house or a setting of some kind and I would imagine (daydream?) myself in it and I could imagine the full sensory awareness. I could smell and feel and experience what I was imagining. It was as if I could feel the emotions (good, bad, and ugly) that had occurred in that place. That feeling continues to this day. I have always felt deep in the core empathy for others. To the point of feeling their pain. Most of what I see around me appears to be falling apart. It is losing its substance. I feel like things are becoming more and more exposed and because they are becoming exposed they are less and less able to sustain a sense of satisfaction or security.
I am a spiritual person firmly believing in life after death. To borrow a movie title, I feel like I am waiting to exhale. You can call me a dreamer but I am looking for a breath of fresh air, for an absence of pain, sorrow and hunger. Yes, I am praying for heaven. Why not?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Wow.

Stuff like this is so cool but a little scary.

I feel something and have for the past couple years I think maybe that's why I sought out this website and keep coming back. I guess I'm looking for answers.

Just knowing I'm not alone is somewhat comforting.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

It's terribly pathetic but i feel the same way as you..I feel like I am continually waiting on something..Im distracted..I have no clear direction..and I AM NOT that type of person..I have ALWAYS been a go getter up until about 2 years ago. My husband feels the same way. Sometimes it's like i'm trapped in a cage and I KNOW there is a way out but i can't find it....???

Maybe I am just suffering from the boredom and the humdrum of daily life..other than my children I have no outlet for feeling good..for living life..it's the same thing day after day...I do feel caged...waiting to die..
edit on 8-11-2012 by Neopan100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by smyleegrl
All my life, I’ve felt like I’m waiting for…..something. I can’t define that something, except that its more. More….different. More….beyond.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Barack Obama says: 'Best is yet to come'

According to new age sites, Obama has (rumour) backing from the aliens.

Now imagine if the aliens hand out...

1) Free energy.
2) Cheap technology.
3) The chance to journey to or explore new worlds.
4) Guaranteed jobs either in this world or other worlds.
5) Money will be hard currency in terms of gold and silver. No cashless society or chip implant that will only function in the right hand or forehead.

6 weeks to go or sooner.

Is it just me that feels a major spiritual transformation for the better is approaching.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha

www.bbc.co.uk...

Barack Obama says: 'Best is yet to come'

6 weeks to go or sooner.

Sounds like punishment, what Obama said.

I don´t believe in doomsday scenario in 2012, i don´t see World issues to be solved in 6 weeks.
We´ll see in 7

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I believe (and because of my beliefs I am swayed towards this interpretation) though you attribute this feeling to something other than religion it does not change the fact that it is a religious experience. This is not the sort of life humans were created to experience.

Now we see things imperfectly as in a cloudy mirror, but then we will see everything with perfect clarity. All that I know now is partial and incomplete, but then I will know everything completely, just as God now knows me completely. 1 Corinthians 13:12

Though it's cliche I really believe there is a God shaped hole inside of us.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I have felt something similar, but I do not know if it is the same as what you describe. I refer to it as my "aching to be".

My aching to be more than what I am....an aching to learn more, live more, become more. The will to live? I don't know, but it burns in me, and it drives me. Not simple passion, but more than that....more than anything I can really put into words.

On the daily, I have two kids, a husband and four pets. Several amazing best friends. Nice neighbors, good house, reliable car and until recently a mediocre job. I spend my days working, cleaning, cooking, care giving, and tending to other tasks.

But there is this whole other world that I visit, the one in my mind and it is totally different. It is a world of possibilities and questions and adventures. It is filled with endless paths. It is filled with the unknown of things that could have been, and could be. My present is barely scratching the surface of my past and my future.

I try to focus on the things at hand, but sometimes I am reminded of this other world and it is like a whisper in the trees. It lingers in my day to day world. It is not really fantasy because I know it is attainable. But as the poet TS Eliot would say

Between the idea
And the reality
Between the motion
And the act
Falls the Shadow
     For thine is the Kingdom

Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
    Life is very long

Between the desire
And the spasm
Between the potency
And the existence
Between the essence
And the descent
Falls the Shadow

So there are shadows that cover my thoughts and actions, my desires and my deeds. This is why I feel this aching to be...this is why I feel there is something more....but I seem to never reach out and touch it.

It is in these moments of self reflection I tangle with my dark demons, my fears, my failures, my own perceptions. I reflect on my successes and my joys. I mediate on my path through life, I often find myself lost, but sometimes I find I am right where I need to be.

I do not know if any of this makes sense, or even remotely connects with you, but I hope whatever it is you are waiting for comes to you.

Mija

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

I’ve pondered whether or not to share this with you, and finally decided to bite the bullet this morning. So here goes.

I know that doesn’t make any sense, so let me try and clarify. Everyday is the same for me; I go through life not really living in the present. I mean, I spend my typical day feeling distracted; like my job, my family, my self is a distraction from the something more.

It’s a very uneasy feeling; I have no idea if the “more” is a positive or negative at all. But there’s almost a hum in the air, a sense of change, a feeling of otherness.

I know this isn’t making sense, and that’s probably because I can’t make sense of it myself. Maybe its best described as realizing this world is an illusion, and the real world is just around the corner?

I grew up religious, and always had that feeling. Now I consider myself agnostic, but with spiritual tendencies. I don’t believe that the “more” is religious in nature.

I guess it feels like a countdown, maybe. Or maybe I’m just more aware of the uncertainty in life.

So my question to you, ATS…..do you ever feel the same? If so, I’d love to know how you deal with it.

Thanks in advance,

smylee

.... ok....

I don't come to the "Gray Area" often. It's just not one of the forums that I frequent. Not that I'm against it or don't get "into it" or anything like that, it's just that my interests usually lie elsewhere.

It's been a very strange day today. I've been under the weather, have had walking pneumonia and a pretty severe ear infection, and have been taking antibiotics. Today's the first day I haven't felt like I've been run over by a bus. .....anyway, I've felt a little better today, so the antibiotics are working. I was sitting here, been home from work for a little more than an hour, and decided I needed to share some things. So, I made my way over to the Gray Area because I felt that's where it belonged. I was going to start a thread and talk about what I was "feeling" today. Not something I normally do. Got to the forum and just glanced down at the topics, mostly to make sure I was in the "right place" for what I wanted to share and I saw this title, saw it was Smylee's, so, I opened it up. This is EXACTLY what I've been feeling.

I looked at some of the new topics that have popped up over the day (the titles) talking about strange sounds in the air, objects on the sun, densensitizing to UFOs, an "super-earth"...the things that are always popping up on here.... but this time, a "feeling" came over me like "oh, it must be unfolding now" like I knew what was going to happen next, almost expected what is going to happen next and it was a feeling of "calm" and "confidence" like watching a movie you've seen a dozen times and you know what's going to happen next, but you really like the movie, so you watch it unfold, enjoying the progression....

First off, this is NOT something I do a lot, I don't really get into the metaphysical very often, I have at times, but it's not something I really put a lot of my attention into (being the mathematician/scientist that I am), but this was just a "feeling" that completely enveloped me, like it was second nature or something. Very, very strange for me. When it hit me that it was a bit odd for me, I put some more thought into it and used a little logical reasoning to try to figure out exactly what was going on with me and came to the conclusion that I wanted to share it and ask if anyone else was feeling "odd" today. I don't want to say "alarmed" or "apprehensive" or "on edge" or aything of that nature, because it's not like that, it's just .... "odd".....

Through my educational career, one of the "concepts" that we've delved into in the past was "see the change before it happens", talking about seeing the student's success so you can be part of helping them get there...anyway, it's kind of like that. I'm seeing the changes that I think are going to take place and the progessing steps to get there. It's like they're just unfolding in my mind and following a nice, logical sequence....I'm even trying to get myself worked up over it and trying to make myself feel nervous or anxious, but I can't, it's just a "calm", logical, unfolding going on in my mind and it makes such perfect sense and is progressing right along....

It's very strange and very...not unnerving....just.... odd

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
For I ask you, what under heaven can match the eternal fidelity and unconditional love of the One God...our Creator?

Christ understood and embodied this Love, here on Earth...

It is for this reason he was given divine accedence to be the Messiah of Mankind...

I put to you, that...it is the immenant return of our "world ship's" captain which we all feel....
...and in good time, for we are in stormy seas...

But take heart for the light has been lit, and the way is revealed ahead...stand fast for the pilot shall soon be at the helm...
...and what better force to pilot our world than the burning heart of unconditional Love?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I can sympathize with you,

I think for me its a feeling of being limited. I'd love to expand, creatively, intellectually, just absorb the world around me, however it has no place in our society.

I had a bored day at work once, my coworkers caught me looking up humming bird migration patterns.I can sit and look at this for hours, it actually took my mind off how mundane and trapped I feel at work.

I'll watch my boss bumbling around, and I'll think this woman is barely keeping this place together.I'd have a ton of ideas to help ease the burden, but its not my place, she's the one with the certificates on the wall, and tons of college under her belt.....

so I sit unfufilled, miserable, feeling that whatever strengths I have will never see the light of day.

Thats just the little picture....

On the grand scheme of things, if we're not out experiencing this world and everything in it, its a total waste. I think thats the source of my unhappiness...

edit on 12-11-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I had made this comment in another post, I must have been a cat in a previous life, because, I should've died more than a few times. I feel I am here for a specific reason, what this reason is...I have no idea, but I also have a feeling of apprehension. Something is coming, good or bad, I will live through it. Why?? Don't know, but I do know. It's hard to explain.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Greetings, ATS!

Thanks in advance,

smylee

Yeah, you're not alone. I think a lot of people started to experience this for the past 4-6 years ago. The wise old men said that, sometimes, before God sends something BIG our way, usually, HE will send signals. It is so that we make preparations and can defend ourselves from whatever it is, that HE's sending over (in this case, it's usually a calamity). Personally, I believe it's going to be a bumpy ride for all....

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join