It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans Riot Over Obama Reelection

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I see youre new hear somewhat...Um...a "riot" doesnt break up around 12:30 am and go home. And this article you quoted stated that it wasnt clear who was just watching...

You were quick to post and off base...and that article started out calling it "a disturbance' on the 1st line.

Dont be so quick to post when you think its something REALLY important. Read it 1st...read it again...and search for it on ATS...

A huge difference in a "riot"...and a disturbance. A "riot" doesnt have a bed-time (like 12:30am)
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Yep just like the entitled little brats to riot because he helps african americans, hispanics, women, and poor people get education funding. And they have the damn nerve to call us entitled, what a load of horsepucky...they think they're the only ones entitled to a good education, how bout suck it up big boy this ain't just your world you gotta share it, or one day watch when you need help nobody will want to help your self entitled bratty A** they'll let you die in the street and who could blame them?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You can't expect much from Southern Rednecks.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by SG-17

You can't expect much from Southern Rednecks.

LOL, hey wait...I'm in the south...lol

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Remember -- it is ONLY a riot whey the left does it. It is a matter of semantics, delusional semantics.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It was the student's themselves who used the term "mini-riot", on Twitter, when they were spreading the word of their protest. Several other students saw the gathering and reported the 'riot' to university police. It grew to about 400 and the university police arrested several students. Things like this always get blown out of portion however. 'Student protest' to some is 'student's rioting in the streets' to others.

Just remember, those of you from the Tea Party, how easily you labeled all forms of Occupy Wall Street protests as 'riots'.

Ole Miss chancellor denounces campus protests sparked by Obama re-election
(clarionledger.com)

Jones said social media played a huge role in both prompting the gathering and spreading misinformation about what actually happened.

Initial reports on Twitter labeled the gathering as a “riot,” but many observers say it was simply a small group of angry students assembled in protest.

The Daily Mississippian, the student newspaper, reported students were throwing rocks at cars and using racial slurs;
Honoring the University creed

Ole Miss made national headlines for the protests following the president’s victory, and, as a result, we may have lost any credibility we gained as a progressive institution.
I understand that each individual has the right to express his or her opinions on this campus. However, the election night discourse on campus was far from respectable. Racial slurs were yelled, signs were burned and “Dixie” was played. Students shouted, “The South will rise again.” These actions have no place on The University of Mississippi’s campus and are not becoming of an Ole Miss Rebel.

The ghosts of Ole Miss are far from dead

In one word, I was shocked.
Shocked like so many other members of the Ole Miss family — students, alumni, faculty and staff — when I woke up Wednesday morning to the news that protests had occurred on campus in the wake of President Obama’s re-election. But as I read articles, Facebook posts and Twitter feeds documenting the blatant use of racial slurs towards not only the president, but other Ole Miss students, my shock turned into anger. And my anger turned into shame.
Even though initial reports of full-on “riots” proved to be blown out of proportion, the damage is done. The nation’s modern understanding of The University of Mississippi, which this entire year had focused on the 50th anniversary of integration and progress in race relations, was eclipsed in an instant.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Riot.
What riot?
I've seen more damage after a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese.
You've never been in a riot have you?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
They don't look or dress like Republicans.
They look more like Occupiers and disgruntled Paul Heads to me.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
It's more a rowdy protest but whatever.

It still counts, republicans yelling racial slurs and burning Obama signs. It's pathetic whatever you call it.

edit on 8-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Just remember, those of you from the Tea Party, how easily you labeled all forms of Occupy Wall Street protests as 'riots'.

Yup. That's what I was thinking

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Well I'm rioting if I don't get some cheesy POOFS ASAP...

Seriously though we have nut bug Glenn Beck forsaking his righteous God (LOL) over the election, and then we got this group of sniveling punks this is worse than when the Eagles lost the Superbowl!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by spyder550
Remember -- it is ONLY a riot whey the left does it. It is a matter of semantics, delusional semantics.

Come on spyder. A riot has to have burning cars and tear gass ect ect. This looks like prep club antics.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund

that was easy for the Tea Party. They cleaned up their mess and didnt block trafic and use the street as a public john.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Logarock because: n

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Before or after they attempt to murder women and holding up racist signs?

edit on 8-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
This is such an obvious planned psyop it's not even funny.

I'll bet there will be more. Just another way to make white conservatives into the new terrorist.

Then comes the gun restrictions. Count on it.
edit on 8-11-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

that was easy for the Tea Party. They cleaned up their mess and didnt block trafic and use the street as a public john.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Logarock because: n

Oh, another Republican who believes, and spreads, all the BS they read in their own biased right wing press. What a shock!

Blocking traffic? Oh those darned hippies! How dare they delay a trip to Starbucks with their pesky right to freedom of speech and assembly!

Radical right wingers are all the same, one rule for everyone else, no rules for them. Blocking traffic is a worse crime than comparing Obama to Hitler, and chanting racist slogans at a rally though, right?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

reply to post by Logarock

Before or after they attempt to murder women and hold up racist signs?

I hope those sick f'ers were arrested and charged with assault?

Any other rabid Republicans want to chime in and explain again why the Republican party is now officially dead?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join