It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO sighting in Kotelnich, Kirov region, Russia - October, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Today I have stumbled upon an interesting case of a sighting which took place in a small Russian town of Kotelnich last month.

According to a 54 year old main witness Boris Tyootin he saw a bright ball of yellow light when he arrived home and came out of his car. UFO hovered at about a height of a 5-story building and blinded him with its lights, which the witness described as bright yellow and similar to the high beam lights of a car. It moved about a bit but it mostly remained stationary. At some point the UFO had turned off its "high beams" and other lights could be seen, red, green and yellow in color.

The sighting was long enough for the man to remember that he had a mobile phone with a camera with him and he took a photo.

The UFO seemed to react to the flash of the phone camera which automatically fired, and it started to move away. The witness had managed to take another shot of the object as it was leaving before shooting off disappearing at a breakneck speed. All of the time the UFO remained completely silent.

In the video interview which is unfortunately in Russian only Boris said that there were 2 women not far from him who also saw the UFO and who seemed to have been "awed by its lights and said it was beautiful". Funny thing is that Boris seems to be preety unfazed by the event. Could be because he is said in the article to be a retired military man.

Here's a link to the original article in Komsomolskaya Pravda, a Russian newspaper:

kirov.kp.ru...

a Google translation of the page:

translate.google.com...

an article from the local Kotelnych web site:

kotelnich.my1.ru...

and the YouTube video interview:

The guy sounds very genuine to me and it seems like a real sighting.

edit on 8/11/2012 by WideOpenSpace because: minor spelling edits, link checks

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
So he saw a helicopter, and YouTube spins that into UFO. Awesome.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DaTroof

Sure. This is the reason why I took the time to post that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Doesnt look like a helicopter to me. Very interesting

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I saw one like that in 1985 when me, and three mates were coming home from a shift down the mines. It was hovering over some railway coal trucks, and the colours were quite striking. Purples, orange, white, blue, Red, and gold.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Thanks for the post.

Can anybody figure out the date, local time, direction of object, motion of object, duration of sighting? You know, the basics.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTroof

Thread closed.
This guy just figured it out.
I wish this guy and those other people who saw it knew it was simply a totally silent helicopter they saw.
THey are so stupid and you are so smart.
I mean, It is so obvious now.
Duuuh.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg
Thanks for the post.

Can anybody figure out the date, local time, direction of object, motion of object, duration of sighting? You know, the basics.

I can't edit my original post any more, or so it seems. However, I have found that the actual sighting took place on September 18th 2012, rather than in October (that's when the article was posted). The witness said that he saw the object at about 9-05 pm and the UFO left at about 9-30 pm.

He was not very specific about the motion. He said that its movements attracted his attention because they seemed "precise". It moved from left to right and back, and then it ascended and descended. From what he said it is not very clear how far the object moved but it seems like it was just a little bit.

On the first picture the man is pointing to a general direction where the object hovered. He said it was 30 meters above that lamp post, but "[the light was] much brighter than that lamp, it was blinding".
edit on 9/11/2012 by WideOpenSpace because: spell check

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

Thread closed.
I wish this guy and those other people who saw it knew it was simply a totally silent helicopter they saw.
Duuuh.

A totally silent helicopter? That is absolutely impossible. If it were a helicopter it could never be totally silent due to the rotary blades which, even with state of the art technology, would still produce the sound of rushing air which would be heard. No idea what this is but it certainly ain't a 'copter.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Originally posted by Screwed

Thread closed.
Duuuh.

A totally silent helicopter? That is absolutely impossible. If it were a helicopter it could never be totally silent due to the rotary blades which, even with state of the art technology, would still produce the sound of rushing air which would be heard. No idea what this is but it certainly ain't a 'copter.

I think he was being sarcastic.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by WideOpenSpace

Originally posted by JimOberg
Thanks for the post.

I can't edit my original post any more, or so it seems. However, I have found that the actual sighting took place on September 18th 2012, rather than in October (that's when the article was posted). The witness said that he saw the object at about 9-05 pm and the UFO left at about 9-30 pm.

He was not very specific about the motion. He said that its movements attracted his attention because they seemed "precise". It moved from left to right and back, and then it ascended and descended. From what he said it is not very clear how far the object moved but it seems like it was just a little bit.

On the first picture the man is pointing to a general direction where the object hovered. He said it was 30 meters above that lamp post, but "[the light was] much brighter than that lamp, it was blinding".
edit on 9/11/2012 by WideOpenSpace because: spell check

Thanks for checking. Is there any way to convert "above the lamp post" into an azimuth such as north, east, etc? And dare I ask, into an elevation angle, too?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:17 AM
link   
According to the witness the UFO hovered over the crossroads of Prudnaya and Vyatskaya streets. The coordinates for this place are 58.300245,48.336390, although the Google maps won't show the actual map of Kotelnich or its streets. It's a small town. There's a similar Russian service called Yandex maps which does, though.

The UFO took off and disappeared in the direction of a bigger city called Kirov. I have painted a red line to demonstrate its possible direction of movement. I'm afraid that's the best I could do.

edit on 10/11/2012 by WideOpenSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WideOpenSpace
According to the witness the UFO hovered over the crossroads of Prudnaya and Vyatskaya streets. The coordinates for this place are 58.300245,48.336390, although the Google maps won't show the actual map of Kotelnich or its streets. It's a small town. There's a similar Russian service called Yandex maps which does, though.

The UFO took off and disappeared in the direction of a bigger city called Kirov. I have painted a red line to demonstrate its possible direction of movement. I'm afraid that's the best I could do.

Thanks, that's good work.

I would caution you not to misinterpret "over the crossroads" to mean literally over the crossroads. What witnesses usually mean by the phrase 'over' is, 'in the direction of, from where I was standing' -- and from the published material I can't determine that second point of a two-point-defined vector to define the actual azimuth angle to the sighting. Since they usually have no reliable index for distance to a sighted object, it could, of course, be far, far beyond the line-of-sight that passes over the crossroads on its way to infinitiy.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

As an air traffic controller, working in towers, I can tell you this, that is NOT a helicopter.

top topics

join