It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The one eyed devil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
How many of you watch the one eyed devil. By one eyed devil I mean the Tv, what do you see when you watch Tv do you see good things on or do you see the evil. When I watch which is very little I see murder,rape,people hungry hurting needing jobs, these are just a few things I could go on and on. How many shows show happiness love helping there fellow man. I was told by my father at an early age that the TV was the one eyed devil, now that I'm older I see what he meant. When I was younger we had one Tv in the whole house, now most homes have them in just about every room. Back then it was family time, look at today's youth they or at least most have no family time. Now I'm not innocent we have 4 tv's in our home mostly because my wife thinks there's nothing wrong with it. If it was totally up to me there would be 1 but I do give in easy I guess. Think about it before you reply what do you see most of the time. Do you see things that would help humanity come together or push us apart. How many tv's do you have in your home. It's late here and this is something that has been on my mind for a few years more now than ever I have to make my kids set at the table for supper. A lot of the time I give in to keep from arguing with the wife. Well that's my rant and my first thread so ill be interested in what some of you think. Ill get back to see some answers and comments, I'm not on here a lot but I do check in from time to time,......,. Pike13

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
reply to post by pike13

it is a perception thing, like in the movie "they live", with the special glasses.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I like that show Chopped. My wife and I like to unwind from our day watching people cook. It gives us ideas for our own meals. I have no idea if it brings together humanity, but it's fun for us.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I control my television, I watch what I want to see and change the channel or turn it off when I see things I don't care for. I watch the news because I live in the world and it is helpful to know a few things before I venture out each day, I do not blame the television for the violence and mayhem it shows me. My fellow man get up to all that.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I believe you took me wrong, it shows a lot of sex, violence, that kids see. not all parents check to see what there kids are watching. Cartoons are full of violence, teenage shows are all about sex. In most kids eyes they in my opinion think they have to live up to what they see on Tv. To me that makes it the one eyed devil kids need to be their self's and the Tv puts the image in their head. Look at teenage mom, get pregnant and they may be movie stars. That's what I'm talking about.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by pike13

I understand your point, and there are many who agree with you, the argument that media causes behavior is an ongoing one. I would agree more were it not for the fact that all of the violence and sex has been going on long before media.

Parents do need to help their children process all they see and hear in our world today. Having said that, I am not a member of the camp for protecting children.

I was sheltered, and the shock of the real world was much greater, because I was not prepared for how senselessly cruel and violent people are. For a long time I had victim tattooed on my forehead, due to a lack of preparedness. imho it is better to know, than to be innocent or ignorant.

top topics

join