It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-21-2012 and the Mayan Calendar (sorry about the last thread everyone)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by eriktheawful

I am just making an amateur observation here and demonstration. I am learning so go easy on me!

The average life span is only 75 years. Back then even shorter if we are to believe current models. Maybe they lived longer than we think.

For the purposes of my article I used 75. You can do the math any way you want to. The answer is still relative to my overall point.

We have to ask ourselves if what we have been taught is the truth. There are many astrological references over the world that we are so sure were created in recent history. We do not have our facts straight. Many wonders of this Earth may have been created 26,000 years ago for all we know.

reply to post by eriktheawful

I'm still not sure what that has to do with 2012.

However, it sounds like you have some good ideas for some threads.

For example you talk about Axial Precession and that ancient people knew of it, instead of the more recent history starting with Hipparchus.

There have been other alternative theories regarding Precession involving Ancient Egyptians and Mayans. Sounds like you could start a thread on that. It would be better to have it in the Ancient Civilizations forum on here.

People in ancient times living longer (on the average) than we think. That would be another good thread you could start up also, showing why you think it, and research sources that lead you to that conclusion posted. Also a good place for Ancient Civilizations forum.

As for wonders created up to 26,000 years ago, I'd say you could do one on that too. However, if you don't have any sources, only speculation, then you might want to make that thread in Skunk Works, else if you do have some sources and research, post it over in the Ancient Civilizations forum too.

Good luck!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I am confused also.

Are you stating that Archaeoastronomy is wrong?

If you are, that's ok. Some think most of our science is wrong. I'm just trying to figure out the point of now 2 different threads.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

I am not sure how many of these are going to make it. After I post this if there are some that did not make it I will add them here. Supposed to be 47 pictures. Don't me mad at me if this doesn't work. I am learning. Pay close attention to location, year, time and view!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just wanted to confuse everyone for the hell of it. I even posted in the wrong place. Man I suck.

Sorry. Here are the pics if you choose to see them.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
reply to post by PuterMan

The precession of the equinoxes takes about 26,000 years. If the Earth is 4 billion yrs. old then we have gone through this process; 4,000,000,000/26000 = 153846.153846/75 = 2051 yrs., which means we would have to live 2051 average lifetimes to see one complete cycle.

Sorry, I am not understanding your response. You are simply quoting back your figures.

The statement you made was the precession of the equinoxes takes about 26,000 years. That is one cycle is it not? What has the age of the earth got to do with it?

"4,000,000,000/26000 = 153846.153846/75 = 2051 yrs."

153846.blah blah is the number of equinoxes, i.e. complete cycles, in the age of the earth, but each cycle is 26,000 years and THAT is the figure to be divided by 75. 356.66 lifetimes @ 75 years per lifetime.

What you are doing is calling the 153846 CYCLES during the age of the earth YEARS but they are not, they are periods of 26000 years.

4 billion / 75 is 53,333,333.3 - the number of life times over the age of the earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

I may not have the smarts to be a (blogger, journalist or an editor). I don't always articulate or put my thoughts down properly. I don't always arrange my threads in the perfect way or perfect order. I'm human, very spiritual and non-secular.

That being said:

The precession of the equinoxes takes about 26,000 years. If the Earth is 4 billion yrs. old then we have gone through this process; 4,000,000,000/26000 = 153846.153846/75 = 2051 yrs., which means we would have to live 2051 average lifetimes to see one complete cycle.

Maybe I need to break it down differently for you to understand:

The approximate age of Earth = 4,000,000,000 years

The approximate cycle of years for the precession of the equinox to occur = 26,000 years

The approximate avg. life span = 75 years

The approximate amount of times the precession has occurred since Earth was born = 153,846 times

The approximate amount of lifetimes it would take to witness one full precession = 2051 lifetimes.

Which means; that no civilization would be able to predict anything based on the precession of the equinox.

Doesn’t really matter how you decide to do your math; the same thing holds true.

From now on every thread I do start will begin with the following phrase: This is just me throwing out a possibility. Just to make sure that whoever decides to read my "Threads" will have no ability to trash what I do say as being facts that I was wrong about and have no business stating. I'm sure this will not stop certain people from still doing this. You know the type.

Why you insist on beating a dead horse, I do not understand. Do you have anything to add that may be constructive?

edit on 11/9/2012 by ascension211 because: add

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

Which means; that no civilization would be able to predict anything based on the precession of the equinox.

Doesn’t really matter how you decide to do your math; the same thing holds true.

Why you insist on beating a dead horse, I do not understand. Do you have anything to add that may be constructive?

I am not beating a dead horse at all. (The expression is 'flogging a dead horse' by the way) I am trying to make you see that your statement "Which means; that no civilization would be able to predict anything based on the precession of the equinox." just is not true because your maths are up the Suwannee and you are making assumptions about the observation and transmission of events data.

Maybe I need to break it down differently for you to understand:

The approximate age of Earth = 4,000,000,000 years

The approximate cycle of years for the precession of the equinox to occur = 26,000 years

The approximate avg. life span = 75 years

The approximate amount of times the precession has occurred since Earth was born = 153,846 times

The approximate amount of lifetimes it would take to witness one full precession = 2051 lifetimes.

That is not different. You are making the SAME error.

2051 does NOT come into the equation at all. 2051 lifetimes is 153,825 YEARS but as you say correctly 153,846 (figures are all approximate) is the number of PRECESSIONS in the span of the earth NOT the number of lifetimes. 153825 lifetimes is about 5.9 precessions.

Why also are you assuming that it has to be ONE lifetime in order to witness? It is perfectly possible for a civilisation to record events over 347 lifetimes. It is also possible that information could be passed between civilisations even after a major catastrophe. There have to be some survivors unless the human species is going to arise afresh from the 'primordial soup' every 26,000 years! (Or be remade by the Creator if you prefer than route)

edit on 12/11/2012 by PuterMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   

We have to ask ourselves if what we have been taught is the truth. There are many astrological references over the world that we are so sure were created in recent history. We do not have our facts straight. Many wonders of this Earth may have been created 26,000 years ago for all we know.

There is a pattern that repeats throughout our history, unfortunately, the human population that exist on this planet at any time can only last 75 years. It has been suggested through carbon dating, our Earth is 4 billion years old, and so, it would be impossible for us to predict when this cycle began. At best, we can guess based on information handed down over the last 5000 years, hardly accurate. We do know absolutes. The Earth does rotate, the planets do revolve around the Sun, the Moon is intricate to our survival and we are all attached by the same energy. The energy of this planet has changed many 1000's of times and it will change again.

blog.world-mysteries.com...

As in the old Egyptian theological thinking the constellation is a real, true and living God, you can interpret this kind of position as which of a passive, supine-dead one . In contrary, you can see that at the moment of the Summer Solstice, whatever year you take between 4900 BC and 16500 BC, always you see Orion in a vertical, proud, high-stand position.

I think there are a number of ways to interpret many things, but there is only one way that is actually the truth. It really does not matter why these things happen or what we are told, the fact we exist is the only absolute.

I am not beating a dead horse at all. (The expression is 'flogging a dead horse' by the way)

Which means; that no civilization would be able to predict anything based on the precession of the equinox. Doesn’t really matter how you decide to do your math; the same thing holds true.

You even want to debate how I say this...lmao.

Flogging a dead horse (alternatively beating a dead horse in some parts of the Anglophone world) is an idiom that means a particular request or line of conversation is already foreclosed or otherwise resolved, and any attempt to continue it is futile; or that to continue in any endeavour (physical, mental, etc.) is a waste of time as the outcome is already decided.

Which are all semantics...

semantics (Concise Encyclopedia) Study of meaning, one of the major areas of linguistic study (see linguistics). Linguists have approached it in a variety of ways. Members of the school of interpretive semantics study the structures of language independent of their conditions of use. In contrast, the advocates of generative semantics insist that the meaning of sentences is a function of their use. Still another group maintains that semantics will not advance until theorists take into account the psychological questions of how people form concepts and how these relate to word meanings.

I can say take care and much love to all; I don’t have to agree with you or like you, but I can love you all for who you are.

Take care.

Ascension211

top topics

<< 1   >>

join