It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

12-21-2012 and the Mayan Calendar (sorry about the last thread everyone)

page: 1.
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
Sorry about the last thread, seems I deleted the pictures before posting. I could see them. I will post them tomorrow in another thread. For now, maybe you could just read my observations about the galactic plane and the Mayan calendar.

I am just making an amateur observation here and demonstration. I am learning so go easy on me!

Our Sun crosses the galactic plane from our perspective 2 times a year. In our life time, we have been able to track it through the summer and winter solstices. This has occurred during the same months for many hundreds of years; in June and December. The day changes and the time changes 1 day for every 111 years according to the research I have done. For the month to change, using 30 days, you have this: 111x30 = 3330 days which would take 9.123years or 111/12 = 9.25; to occur.

I may jump around a bit.

2012 - 5226 = -3214
12-21-2012 = winter solstice
11-04-3214 BCE = winter solstice

This is 47 days difference over the course of 5226 days, what the Mayan long count calendar is supposed to be.
5226/47 = 111yrs. Every 111 years the winter and summer solstice advance 1 day on our calendar.

Why does this matter? It doesn't really. Only it points out the fact that what we see when we see them is vastly different than what our ancestors saw and some is the same.

The average life span is only 75 years. Back then even shorter if we are to believe current models. Maybe they lived longer than we think.

I have maintained that calendars vary from culture to culture, civilization to civilization; there is no way for anyone to interpret any of the 2012 Mayan references or any other for that matter. We can only speculate.

Our Sun does cross the galactic plane 2 times a year, at different times and different locations. I do see an alignment that shows what appears to be the center of the Milky Way occurring on 12-21-2012, but how it pertains to any calendars we know is very hard to determine; Mayan or Gregorian. The planet locations do change year to year, but stay relatively the same along with the constellations for many hundreds of years at a time. What changes the most is the location of our moon and other moons around the other planets.

The precession of the equinoxes takes about 26,000 years. If the Earth is 4 billion yrs. old then we have gone through this process; 4,000,000,000/26000 = 153846.153846/75 = 2051 yrs., which means we would have to live 2051 average lifetimes to see one complete cycle.

[Ex]Precession is a change in the orientation of the rotational axis of a rotating body. It can be defined as a change in direction of the rotation axis in which the second Euler angle (nutation) is constant. In physics, there are two types of precession: torque-free and torque-induced. In astronomy, "precession" refers to any of several slow changes in an astronomical body's rotational or orbital parameters, and especially to the Earth's precession of the equinoxes.

We have to ask ourselves if what we have been taught is the truth. There are many astrological references over the world that we are so sure were created in recent history. We do not have our facts straight. Many wonders of this Earth may have been created 26,000 years ago for all we know.

Take care and much love to all.

Ascension211
edit on 11/8/2012 by ascension211 because: grammar!

edit on 11/8/2012 by ascension211 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

All rivers become one in the ocean, thanks for your work and pointing. We love to map the mystery of life and yet it always falls short of the simple truth. Its out of our hands and what shall be shall be.We can only aid in the transformation of how we see that truth.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

It is ironic the first reply was from australia. The pictures I am going to post soon will have sydney as a view point.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
What do make of all the 12/21 hype in regard to your own research?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I'll go back over this later an provide a real response. Right now though I do need to point out your use of galactic plane is wrong. The galactic plane is where most of the mass is found in the galaxy. During its travels around the center of the galaxy our solar system oscillates up and down. This causes it to move in and out of the galactic plane. It generally takes 30-40 million years for the solar system to move away from the galactic plane and then return. We currently are about 27-37 million years away from entering the galactic plane again. What you are referring to is the galactic equator. This is the center of the galaxy as viewed from Earth.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

From what I understand, our solar system is in the process of dropping to the underside of the galactic plane, it's a long process, but supposedly on or about 12/21 we would literally be at the center of the plane moving downward.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

Not true. Astronomers place us as having last passed through the galactic plane about 3 million years ago. We are now somewhere above it and will not return for another 27-37 million years.

The sun's motion perpendicular to the galactic plane.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I have maintained that calendars vary from culture to culture, civilization to civilization; there is no way for anyone to interpret any of the 2012 Mayan references or any other for that matter. We can only speculate.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I am just making an amateur observation here and demonstration. I am learning so go easy on me!

I am sure that some experts have this all figured out. The program I used was from Stellarium and they use the galactic plane as a reference in their options. They do not have galactic equator. I was only pointing out that calendars that we use cannot be used to make interpretations of the Mayan in relation to 12-21-2012.

I just posted some screen shots.

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Hi,
Your pics kinda threw me off. (sensory overload)

Now that is cool stuff. I was gonna come in and say how stellarium is a software program, yada yada; it was planted there yo! As if.

For some strange reason, 'Anteres' just seemed a little peculiar as I checked the several pics. Good job getting them to embed.

And I will agree that our calendar may not be consistent with varying perspective/respective timelines; or yet all calendars can be woven together using quantum mechanics, and every civilization gets a taste of the big pie in our faces!

Every 26,000 years life on Earth gets the chance to re-emerge from the ashes of death, until death is no more. Enter the 4th dimension; where death is no more. Energy is not mass, it's body is defined by the third dimensional reality we recognize as fire, lightning, our souls, etc.

Can you believe it, my rocker just collapsed out from under me?
Sorry to subject you to it, ATS.
I'll go back into my hole...

edit on (11/8/1212 by loveguy because: never even heard of anteres, i must be sleepwalking again

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Yeah, just did some reading on this. My mistake. The one corrolation I am seeing to 12/21 is that we are at the end of the 26000 year cycle of our solar system through the constellations, or the precession of the equinoxes.

Don't know how that would physically affect us earthlings, but am still reading.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

The precession of the equinoxes takes about 26,000 years. If the Earth is 4 billion yrs. old then we have gone through this process; 4,000,000,000/26000 = 153846.153846/75 = 2051 yrs., which means we would have to live 2051 average lifetimes to see one complete cycle.

I don't see the logic/maths. If the precession takes 26,000 years and a lifetime is 75 years then surely that 26000/75 = 346.66 lifetime for see a complete cycle.

4 billion / 26,000 is simply the number of times the precession has taken place and is not a number of years, just a number.

Am I missing something here?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You might want to take a look at Life Expectancy.

While generally overall, globally, people are living on the average longer in today's world, you have to be careful when talking about that.

Many factors are involved, and the numbers include people that died at child birth. For example of the average life span in Medieval Britain was considered 30 years. But that did not mean that people lived to 30, then dropped dead. It is measured at that number because of the mortality rate of children then (not surviving to become adults). Average life expectancy if measured from Age 21 (the children survived to adulthood) was 64 years then.

Region of where one lives is a factor too, people in one are of the world due to diet and living conditions would experience shorter life spans and higher child mortality rates.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

The average life span is only 75 years. Back then even shorter if we are to believe current models. Maybe they lived longer than we think.

For the purposes of my article I used 75. You can do the math any way you want to. The answer is still relative to my overall point.

We have to ask ourselves if what we have been taught is the truth. There are many astrological references over the world that we are so sure were created in recent history. We do not have our facts straight. Many wonders of this Earth may have been created 26,000 years ago for all we know.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed them. I am still learning. My next thread with pictures will be different.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I'm not quite sure what the point of your thread is. Not being harsh here, just saying that I am failing to understand exactly what the point you are making is.

Yes, seeking the truth is a good thing.

We are starting to find places that were built longer ago than we expected, yes (many good threads about this on here).

So exactly what is the point of your thread, and what does it have to do with 21 December, 2012?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Seems I forgot to include this:

From now on every thread I start, will begin with the following phrase: This is just me throwing out a possibility. Just to make sure that whoever decides to read my "Threads" will have no ability to trash what I do say as being facts that I was wrong about and have no business stating. I'm sure this will not stop certain people from still doing this. You know the type.

edit on 11/8/2012 by ascension211 because: format

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
Seems I forgot to include this:

From now on every thread I start, will begin with the following phrase: This is just me throwing out a possibility. Just to make sure that whoever decides to read my "Threads" will have no ability to trash what I do say as being facts that I was wrong about and have no business stating. I'm sure this will not stop certain people from still doing this. You know the type.

edit on 11/8/2012 by ascension211 because: format

I'm afraid you still have not answered my question: What exactly is the point of your thread?

While I understand that you do not want certain people or posts in your threads, please understand this is a public forum and anyone can post in your thread as long as they are a member of ATS.

Also understand that being speculative, or highly speculative is fine. Lot's of speculation goes on here at ATS. However, even here in the 2012 forum, if you make any claims, people will do fact checking on them. There are only a few forums where you can be as speculative as you want and not required to produce any sources or links to anything (Skunk Works is one, Gray Matter is another).

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

For the purposes of my article I used 75. You can do the math any way you want to. The answer is still relative to my overall point.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join