It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China : Me and My Censor

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Unfortunately, there are those that want to compare. Yes, there is Censorship, everywhere. This story though shows how its done in China. I thought it was a great story, and very informative. BTW, thanks for chiming in.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I am just glad they have things like TOR, so they can at least find uncensored internet. I run a node just for that reason.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yep.

Im afraid though, Censorship, in the guise of National Security will devolve our Internet. Its already begun actually.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I watch what happens in China VERY carefully. China has thrown out it's Communist Business Model in favor of a Capitalist Business System. Still the Communist Party holds Hostage a Billion Plus Chinese People. The Party Members are very corrupt and a short lived story that was CRUSHED about how the Chinese Official put in charge of a Corruption Task Force ended up being caught by a Chinese News Crew taking Bribes!

The Communist Party came down like a Ton of Lead upon the Investigative Reporters and squashed the News Story. They were embarrassed and rather than arrest the Corrupt Leader they PROMOTED HIM!

Unreal! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

WOW!

If you have a link to the story, post it. Would love to hear more on it, that is, if its not censored !!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by SplitInfinity

WOW!

If you have a link to the story, post it. Would love to hear more on it, that is, if its not censored !!

I believe it was reported by the BBC and I read it off Google News...it then was GONE! I have not googled it in some time. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
We see our freedoms being eroded in this country, but we really have no idea. I read a book not long ago about two Americans who went to Schezwan province to teach English. The students were afraid to say anything at all about the government or politics. They would simply not answer any questions designed to elicit opinion. Contrast that with an American school where it is more difficult to stop kids from speaking their mind.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I think comparing America to China is a stretch, actually.

You cant.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

For now at least

Who knows what the future holds. I guess not many people give a crap about the chineese here, or they are too busy bickering about the election

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Yeah.

This thread has fallen under the radar.

Its a good story too.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

I believe the word I used was contrast, not compare.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I was only saying there are those that do.

I know you were not.......

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
One could argue we are imprisoned by western media, that instead of censoring truth, we are censored from reality by a tangled web of lies,misinformation and mind numbing reality tv programs.

I worry that we are in a similar situation to the Chinese, only the circumstances of out deception are different.

edit on 8-11-2012 by CorpratizeMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2012 by CorpratizeMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CorpratizeMe

I believe you may be right, on that accord also.

Our talents, our possibilities and our lives are all the property of other men. We are intellectual prostitutes. ~John Swinton(1829-1901)

John Swinton on the independence of the press

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I can't really blame the Chinese authorities. It has the largest population in the world, right? Imagine if suddenly, a government scandal is leaked. The whole country will be in turmoil and there will be a power struggle. Censorship may not be a good thing, but sometimes, something needs to be done.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join