It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear Explosion mentioned in Mahabharata War

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
In Mahabharata, but there some of the theories explaining a couple of Harappan sites, are nuclear in nature.

The archaeological expedition, which carried out excavations near the Indian settlement of Mohenjo-Daro in the beginning of the 1900s, uncovered the ruins of a big ancient town. The town belonged to one of the most developed civilizations in the world.
The ancient civilization existed for two or three thousand years. However, scientists were a lot more interested in the death of the town, rather than in its prosperity.
Researchers tried to explain the reason of the town's destruction with various theories. However, scientists did not find any indications of a monstrous flood, skeletons were not numerous, there were no fragments of weapons, or anything else that could testify either to a natural disaster or a war.
Archaeologists were perplexed: according to their analysis the catastrophe in the town had occurred very unexpectedly and it did hot last long.
Scientists Davneport and Vincenti put forward an amazing theory. They stated the ancient town had been ruined with a nuclear blast.
They found big stratums of clay and green glass. Apparently, archaeologists supposed, high temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.
A hundred years have passed since the excavations in Mohenjo-Daro. The modern analysis showed, the fragments of the ancient town had been melted with extremely high temperature - not less than 1,500 degrees centigrade. Researchers also found the strictly outlined epicenter, where all houses were leveled. Destructions lessened towards the outskirts. Dozens of skeletons were found in the area of Mohenjo-Daro - their radioactivity exceeded the norm almost 50 times.

english.pravda.ru...

a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendour… a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds… …the cloud of smoke rising after its first explosion formed into expanding round circles like the opening of giant parasols… ..it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. …The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours All foodstuffs were infected… …to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

Histo ry’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined | The Extinction Protocol: 2012 and beyond

The Images Shown Below

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I am familiar with this idea and always thought there was a possibility it was true, but a few days ago I was watching a program and they where talking about how, sometimes, naturally occurring materials within the earth can react properly and actually generate a nuclear explosion. Its a rare occurrence but it can/has happened.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

I believe you refer to the Oklo reactor.

RE: the OP....i am famliar with this story (as i am with just about any story brought forth on ATS...it is all the same stuff retold and retold, for the most part). It is an interesting possibility. Mind boggling to me is how a people that didn't seem to have language abilities to describe what happened any better than that would also be able to create and sustain a chain reaction in a controlled enough environment to nuke a town. But anything is possible.

Could there be mundane explanations, like exploding grain silo's?

BTW, pravda is as bad a source for truth as a politician the day before the polls close.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I do not believe the evidence supports the claim that these ancient civilizations were advanced to the point of creating nuclear weapons. Too much infrastructure is involved, and it is just not possible, as we would have found evidence of such construction. Therefore the blast was either natural, or came from aliens. Since I do not subscribe to aliens visiting the earth, I must conclude that this was likely natural. By natural I mean either an explosion generated from beneath the earth's surface, or an explosion caused by something from the depths of space.

Until evidence is presented that definitively says this or that occurred, all explanations are equally as likely. However, although I have already stated I do not believe aliens are visiting our planet, I must concede the possibility. It is POSSIBLE that many thousands of years ago some advanced civilization did come to earth and do battle with various peoples. I say this because the evidence in the ancient sacred writings can really only be interpreted one way. I mean flying sky chariots fighting above the earth, and parasol shaped clouds emanating into the sky after a huge explosion...

There are not many objects that will fit into those descriptions very easily, so I will entertain the idea of aliens in flying saucers, but I do not yet believe it. And if I must concede that it is possible for aliens to have brought their technology to earth millennia ago, I must also concede that it is possible that aliens are still visiting earth to this day. But as I said, I do not believe it at this point in time, and the reason is that there are way too many natural occurrences in the skies, as well as military projects, that could account for much of what people have been seeing, since they do not know what it was.

For instance, before I had my sasquatch sighting, I figured they were real based on all of the eyewitness accounts that I had read. Similarly there are a number of UFO accounts. But I feel that it is much easier to confuse a light in the sky than it is a 8 foot tall lumbering bipedal creature covered in hair. So I know my non-belief will frustrate some, because I feel the same way towards those who say bigfoot does not exist. So I must say that aliens are a possibility, because I am not moronic enough to see all of these reports and say that the possibility is not there.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Aliens are to blame........the reptilians to be exact.

They are coming back and it won't be long about six weeks give or take a few days.

Seriously though isn't it more likely that it was an asteroid or meteor that caused such an event?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

Ancient Aliens Debunked (Full Movie)

Covered this (and other) stuff well, better than the "it was aliens" dudes. And its free you can download and share it...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It's easy to forget about alchemists; that were always separating and experimenting with elements. If one of them stacked enough uranium together; the small amount of pure isotope latent in smaller amounts; when grouped together in large amounts, could start a chain reaction increasing further becoming plutonium until it reached enough critical mass to explode; it would be an atomic explosion but not as strong as the military atomic bombs of WW2.

Lighting strikes can also create green glass; if it's in sheets, that points to atomic creation.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SajeevJino
In Mahabharata, but there some of the theories explaining a couple of Harappan sites, are nuclear in nature.

The archaeological expedition, which carried out excavations near the Indian settlement of Mohenjo-Daro in the beginning of the 1900s, uncovered the ruins of a big ancient town. The town belonged to one of the most developed civilizations in the world.
The ancient civilization existed for two or three thousand years. However, scientists were a lot more interested in the death of the town, rather than in its prosperity.
Researchers tried to explain the reason of the town's destruction with various theories. However, scientists did not find any indications of a monstrous flood, skeletons were not numerous, there were no fragments of weapons, or anything else that could testify either to a natural disaster or a war.
Archaeologists were perplexed: according to their analysis the catastrophe in the town had occurred very unexpectedly and it did hot last long.
Scientists Davneport and Vincenti put forward an amazing theory. They stated the ancient town had been ruined with a nuclear blast.
They found big stratums of clay and green glass. Apparently, archaeologists supposed, high temperature melted clay and sand and they hardened immediately afterwards. Similar stratums of green glass can also found in Nevada deserts after every nuclear explosion.
A hundred years have passed since the excavations in Mohenjo-Daro. The modern analysis showed, the fragments of the ancient town had been melted with extremely high temperature - not less than 1,500 degrees centigrade. Researchers also found the strictly outlined epicenter, where all houses were leveled. Destructions lessened towards the outskirts. Dozens of skeletons were found in the area of Mohenjo-Daro - their radioactivity exceeded the norm almost 50 times.

english.pravda.ru...

a single projectile charged with all the power of the Universe. An incandescent column of smoke and flame As bright as the thousand suns Rose in all its splendour… a perpendicular explosion with its billowing smoke clouds… …the cloud of smoke rising after its first explosion formed into expanding round circles like the opening of giant parasols… ..it was an unknown weapon, an iron thunderbolt, a gigantic messenger of death, which reduced to ashes The entire race of the Vrishnis and the Andhakas. …The corpses were so burned as to be unrecognizable. The hair and nails fell out; Pottery broke without apparent cause, And the birds turned white. After a few hours All foodstuffs were infected… …to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

Histo ry’s lost lesson: Ancient nuclear war among Indus Valley civilizations reexamined | The Extinction Protocol: 2012 and beyond

The Images Shown Below

so question.. how would kiln-fired mud bricks survive a nuclear blast?
buildings in japan even in the forties had some reinforcement to withstand earthquakes, and they were blasted apart and flattened, how did buildings in the city survive? also how did the 15 foot walls stand in a nuclear blast? magic?
also, the glass found was not remotely the same as the glass found after a nuclear blast it was fired in a kiln.
what evidence is there that the area had high radiation levels or any radiation levels? do archaeologists carry geiger counters around with them along with their spades? i doubt it.
where is the source for this nonsense?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by SajeevJino

Just a large amount of nonsense that has been floating around for many decades. Simply not real. Those Archaeologist don't exist, geiger counters didn't exist then and finally no such expedition occurred and what is reported never happened........and the same false report has shown up here 20-30 times in my five years here

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well... then, completely and utterly debunked by ATS... Such a shame too.

This is kind of neat.

Can I assume It is a direct translation from ancient documents? All other "evidence" aside, this descriptive is at the center of the controversy of what they meant by it. A meteor impact? Some meteors are comprised of nickel-iron. But supposedly lack the energy to produce fission that would leave radioactive traces. Could that be a man made device? Surely we would have found evidence of technology resembling the massive effort to produce a Manhattan Project.

And if not, then maybe this is a prophetic passage describing exactly what it sounds like, the destruction of two cities by the Atomic Bomb during WWII. The resemblence is uncanny. Especially this:

...to escape from this fire, the soldiers threw themselves in streams to wash themselves and their equipment.

After the explosion at Hiroshima, fires started by the bomb intensified into a firestorm that burned through the night. Many people that were trapped in the rubble burned to death as the fires spread. The only "safe" place was the river that ran through town and many people (including soldiers) were driven there by the flames. There are reports of hundreds of bodies lining the river bank as they tried to escape. All of them were burned or wounded horribly and many of them drank and washed in the contaminated water, bringing it to thousands of desperately thirsty people who could not make it to the river.

I read this in a little book called Hiroshima, that I own and cannot find, damn it. It is filled with first hand accounts of the bomb and its aftermath from a Japanese perspective. When I read the translation of the Indian transcript I was stunned how closely it resembled Hiroshima. Why wouldn't there be prophets in their day and time that could see?

We credit others with that gift like Nostradamus and passages from the bible, etc. Why not the ancient Hindus as well?

Edit: I think this is the book. Highly recommended.

www.dooyoo.co.uk...
edit on 8-11-2012 by intrptr because: link

The manager for the Manhattan project was interviewed about the destructive effect of the Hiroshima bomb. Heres an outake... in his own words he compares the bomb to passages of Hindu script.

edit on 8-11-2012 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I won't say nuclear but some kinda of huge explosion did happen, due to the increased damage in the center and lessen as it stretches out, also as well as the skeletons dieing together. Like something happened instantly.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah very cool for a sci fi story!

People of that age would have seen lightning strikes, forest fires, meteor hits, volcanic eruptions, gas jets, powerful events just a common wild fire I saw once in Turkey would have astounded them

Ask Harte he specializes in ancient Indian documents and has all the links

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I have heard there is also nearby volcanic activity, and volcanic activity is well known to disturb naturally radioactive products like Thorium, Uranium, Radium, and emit Radon gas (however Radon has a very short half life of just 3.5 days). Anyhow: Seems there was a volcanic eruption, things got fried and made more radioactive than normal by natural radioactivity. It does not take a lot of radioactivity to increase the background level by 15 times.
This story is fascinating, but ridiculous.
The only reason why I entertained it for a second is because there was an advanced era of mammoth structure building, complex cities built around 14-15,000 years ago, but many out of place artifacts (like the Baghdad battery) however I still don't buy the ancient nuclear war story. As for religious writings: The authors are always trying to outdo each other with their God's various powers.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness
It's easy to forget about alchemists; that were always separating and experimenting with elements. If one of them stacked enough uranium together; the small amount of pure isotope latent in smaller amounts; when grouped together in large amounts, could start a chain reaction increasing further becoming plutonium until it reached enough critical mass to explode; it would be an atomic explosion but not as strong as the military atomic bombs of WW2.

Lighting strikes can also create green glass; if it's in sheets, that points to atomic creation.

Creating a nuclear explosion would be a lot more difficult than just stacking uranium together. It needs to be of sufficient purity to begin with, and uranium ore just doesn't cut it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

Yeah very cool for a sci fi story!

I'm sorry... just to clarify. You think prophecy is good Sci fI?
Maybe I misunderstood.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Iv read two versions of that story this year and i dont remember that exactly happening... what verses are those? closest thing i can remember is when arjuna fires his magical arrows at the armies and shi t. and that secret weapon mantra some one taught him, i think indra. i dont remember
edit on 8-11-2012 by dizTheWiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Mohenjo-daro

As with all pseudohistory and pseudoscientific tirades the actual evidence is far different, more subtle and more interesting. The bodies were discovered during excavations between 1922-1931. Scholars have criticized the methodology used during the dig period and have stated that making any sort of interpretation is difficult [2]. However, none of the original excavators or serious scholars who have examined the evidence ever saw the bodies as linked to a single catastrophic event.

Thirty seven bodies total were found, they were in different places in the city and based on distribution in the stratum in relation to the buildings different groups of bodies came from different time periods. Mohenjo-daro had three major periods, early, intermediate and late. Some groups of bodies were clearly early period and some clearly late, a period of a thousand or more years. Another key point is that the bodies actually showed clear signs of burial. The most infamous group of bodies, as highlighted from the quote above, that were found laying in the middle of the street was actually caused by the fact that the bodies were buried during the later period when the existing buildings had been built over earlier periods. The bodies were buried above a road from a period hundreds of years earlier.[3]

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBrotherDarkness

As Morbo might say, "Nuclear reactions do not work that way"

CP-1 required 30 tons of purified uranium oxide, and 14,000 tons of chemically pure anhydrous graphite, arranged just so. Even then, it was barely critical. An unenriched uranium pile is a pitiful thing, and your alchemists would not have been able to enrich it, being totally ignorant of isotopes to start with.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SajeevJino

hi - before we go anywhere with this discussion - please provide a primary source for your translation

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Panic2k11

wow.

thanks for posting!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join