It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a issue with a green screen and my TV, please help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
To start this off, i'm not sure if i'm allowed to post about questions like this, but I assume it's alright since this is in the off topic forum.

I have a samsung WS-55311 TV. For the Xbox and Sony media player, I used a HD component cord. The problem is, both the Xbox and Media player give me a green screen in that one HD input. The 2nd input on the other hand, works fine for both, no green screen, just regular colors, full HD. My issue is, I need both the media player and the 360, and I can't keep switching the two out behind the TV. And sadly, there are only two inputs. Does anyone know a fix to this? I have tried everything I really knew,

The thing that really puzzles me, is this broken plug, worked before, I put my HD Xbox cords in it and it worked just how it should have, then thought I did something wrong, so I took them out, then put them back in, and suddenly it was a green screen permanently for the Xbox and Sony Media player. I'm now assuming it will do this for everything. So please, any techies here that know of a fix? I really need both HD inputs.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I also had a green screen on my old hi def Toshiba when my cat peed on it,true story.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I don't think you're going to get very much help here with a hardware problem, get it looked at by something in person.

I suggest getting HDMI cables, they're a lot better and simpler to use.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Did you change the TV settings from HDMI 2 to HDMI 1? Or is their separate channels for HDMI 1 and HDMI 2?

I cant tell you whats wrong with your TV but I can give you a solution. If you cant fix it then I would recommended getting a HDMI to multi HDMI's box. They are called HDMI switch boxes.

If you find that your TV is broken check to see if its still in warranty. Most tv's come with a multi year warranty.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
If there's only two inputs on your TV and no HDMI, you're out of luck unless you have a tuner with its output to your tv and all the other devices outputs to the tuner. If you have free hdmi ports on your TV then use those instead.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

Unfortunately I've had this TV for about 6 years now, I think. I doubt I have a warranty left.

Towards everyone else, this current TV doesn't use HDMI at all. So, it seems i'm screwed completely. Regardless, was planning on getting a new TV by New Years. I guess i'll deal with this till then.

top topics

join