It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

States that voted in Obama enjoy higher income levels per capita

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
One thing that struck me about yesterdays election was that those states who have a higher income level per capita overwhelmingly favored Obama. Those states which ranked amongst the poorest in the country per capita voted for Romney. Anyone have any thought on the reasons this can be?

Below is a list of the states and their rankings in income as compared to the entire nation. Obama took 16 out of the top 20. Almost all of the states which made the least amount of income voted for Romney.

Maryland - 1
New Jersey - 3
Connecticut - 4
Massachusetts - 5
New Hampshire - 6
Virginia - 7
Hawaii - 8
Delaware - 9
California - 10
Minnesota - 11
Washington - 12
Colorado - 15
New york - 16
Rhode Island - 17
Illinois - 18
Vermont - 19

en.wikipedia.org...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

My guess would be is that these states also have higher costs of living than the other states.
You cannot look at income without factoring cost of living.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I don't believe this information...as having lived and worked in NJ and their income was pathetic and stagnant for years most people I have talked to have worked in Delaware and Pennsylvania the ones who can. From people I still talk to to this day, their income sucks...that's just one state on the list, but based on that one state I'd have to totally dismiss this article. And yes NJ has a very high cost of living.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
It is hard finding the most current table showing per capita income that is adjusted to cost of living. I often see short lists in newspaper articles when a new "best places to live!" article is published. I did find a decent resource from OK state that is a bit dated but it is in line with past and present observations about the electorate of our nation. www.state.ok.us... It is a very short, easy to read document.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I bet they also have obtained a higher education level on average.

Republicans have turned into the party of the mega rich or the wont admit it but they hate gays, non white people or non bible thumpers.

I hope we get a real indy candidate in the future, if we make it 4 more years.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
In my field I get tranferred constantly. So I use this site as a negotiating tool. This will help to compare the cost of living to salary in different cities.

A few examples:

The cost of living in Trenton, NJ is 45.3% higher than in Birmingham, AL .
The cost of living in Baltimore, MD is 36.9% higher than in Birmingham, AL

swz.salary.com...

top topics

join