It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple invents phone and camera blocker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
it was enivitable...get us dependant....then hit us where it hurts

who makes the decision whether an event can be recorded or not....i guess its apple...

Fears for civil liberties as Apple patents technology that could remotely disable protesters' smartphones

•Technology would broadcast a signal to automatically shut down smartphone features, or even the entire phone
•Apple claims it would most likely be used to prevent copyright theft or to guarantee privacy in sensitive areas
•Civil liberties campaigners fear it could be misused by the authorities to silence 'awkward citizens'

Apple have received a patent for a technology that could allow the police to disable protesters smartphones, it has emerged.

The new technology would act as a 'kill switch' for smartphones, disabling any cameras on the devices and blocking their connection to mobile networks.

Apple stresses that the function would be most likely used to prevent copyright theft, such as in cinemas, or to stop phone cameras being used in inappropriate places, like department store changing rooms.
However, in the filing for U.S. Patent No. 8,254,902, the company adds that 'covert police or government operations may require complete "blackout" conditions'.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z2Bao5NM24

so how many patents are they allowed....and why dont they disclose the "covert" operations of the iphone in our pockets...

anyway....if theres a company on earth thats getting ahead of itself, and needs to be regulated...its apple...closely followed by google....

they use our personal information....to make profits

where is the line...im sure our liberties are getting messed with here!

so the apple with a bite missing from it.....adam and temptation......hmmmmmmm
im tempted to throw it in the bin....well, it will be obsolete next year when they release the iphone infinity, and stop making phone chargers for the current model...tut tut

edit on 7-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Nov 7 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh
Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... z2Bao5NM24

The dailyfail are a bit slow on this.
Here is some of the ATS threads that discussed this patent last month...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
does the iphone actually belong to the costumer, or does your $740+ purchase payment just entitle you to say you got the new iphone (insert latest version).

they don't call them applebots for nothing.

edit on 7-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't do contracts on my phone. So i use a Virgin/Boost type service. My son uses Virgin, and really wanted the iphone 4s that they have. He earned the money and i chipped in half of the, *gulp* cost. At the same time i bought myself a cheap android phone.

Now when he asks if he can have some money to download a ringtone, i laugh and tell him no. Enjoy his Apple. Then I go download it on my Android phone for free. Then rub it in
Yeah....i am a jerk. But it is a good lesson for him to learn about substance over vanity.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
does the iphone actually belong to the costumer, or does your $740+ purchase payment just entitle you to say you got the new iphone (insert latest version).

they don't call them applebots for nothing.

edit on 7-11-2012 by randomname because: (no reason given)

Did you pay that much??

I still stuck with my iphone 3 and work phone which is a palm blackberry.
Talk about your antiques.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
This is what you get for getting an iphone you trendy mindless robot

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Please add your thoughts to one of the existing threads as linked to earlier in this thread.

Thank you.

Thread closed.

top topics

join