2012 Turnout Dramatically Lower than 2008

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   

The article is saying there were 13 million less votes cast this election vs 2008 !!

In 2008, Obama got roughly 70 million votes, McCain roughly 60 million.

2012 - Obama roughly 60 million, Romney 57 million .......

What happened to all those votes this time ?

Opens up some good conspiracy theories....

Like: "added" votes and "uncounted" or even "erased" votes perhaps ?

Hmmm.

More reasons too I'm sure.

The article brings up some good points to consider.

Despite all the talk about voter intensity surrounding the presidential election, 13 million fewer people voted in 2012 than in 2008.

131 million voters cast their ballots in the 2008 election in which Barack Obama defeated John McCain by a 53% to 46% margin. Obama received 69.4 million votes, while McCain received 59.9 million.

In 2012, Obama defeated Romney by a 50% to 48% margin. Obama received 59.8 million votes, and Romney received 57.1 million votes -- 2.7 million fewer than Obama in 2012, but also 2.8 million fewer than McCain in 2008.

Surprisingly, President Obama's 2012 vote total -- 59.8 million -- was 100,000 less than the 59.9 million John McCain received in 2008..............

Where did the "Lost" Obama votes disappear to ?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
And here I thought Breitbart had to let you go. Good to see your still employed, keep up the good work. Oh and not real anything conspiratorial going on, seems you forgot about that little hurricane last week. It will be sometime before New York and New Jersey totals are completely tabulated and certified.
edit on 7-11-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)
edit on 11/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
And here I thought Breitbart had to let you go. Good to see your still employed, keep up the good work. Oh and not real anything conspiratorial going on, seems you forgot about that little hurricane last week. It will be sometime before New York and New Jersey totals are completely tabulated and certified.

How many voters were affected by the storm ?

That many ? I suppose it's possible.

""And here I thought Breitbart had to let you go""

Keep dreaming. I work in a totally unrelated business. Politics does not affect the job !!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Voter ID law perhaps?

Not a crazy historical election like the first black president?

Maybe people realized it was all for naught, and it doesn't matter who you elect?

There are probably a dozen other reasons for people not coming out. Pick one, their all valid.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

The Voter I.D. laws maybe yes.

Plus many "purges" may have stopped some double voter fraud.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
As far as I'm aware it was always expected that there would be a lower voter turnout this year. We saw this during the Republican primary as well. Obama is no longer the underdog like he was last time around and as a result didn't energize voters as much. As for Romney, let's face it he was never an exciting candidate. It seems like there were a lot of people who weren't really voting for Romney but voting against Obama. In the end this election just wasn't as exciting as the last one and as a result we saw a lower turnout.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
From what I understand, there were also 18 million new eligible voters since 2008, yet 14 million less people voted this year than 2008, therefore making the drop even more dramatic. It's kind of nice to know that roughly a little less than half of all eligible voters are not TV-controlled robots.

Perhaps there is a revolution stirring after all.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

edit on 11/7/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

According to Politico, more than 98% of the vote is counted in NY and NJ.

Something else must wrong.

2012 Presidential Election

Hover on a State to see the results....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Well, many people, like myself, may refuse to endorse this joke of a voting system and puppet nominees with oppressing ulterior motives.

I no longer wish to play a game that always has the same outcome.... We...the People.... lose.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Or it could be people like me that decide not to vote at all....and voting for the "lesser of two evils" is a joke

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Hard to say really even though there are other factors that come into play. 2008 was a bit of an anomaly to begin with with a higher than norm turnout. Also I have doubts about the veracity of the 98% being counted as many of the more populous areas of NY and NJ were using unproven and unreliable means to vote this year. I do not know if they have or will count those votes cast by those using unconventional means. Add to this absentee and provisional ballots that have yet to be counted, it is still early to say this is the final total just yet.

But overall only about 40% of the eligible population actually votes on election day.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Over 50 measures by state level GOP to curtail early voting. Insane lines in many places, hurricaine etc.

Not much to ponder or spin here IMO....not to say Briebart won't do so.

Xue...I don't mind a good political debate, actually enjoy them...that is why I am here, but maybe this next cycle you can diversify a little beyond Briebart? If I wanted perpetual Briebart nonsense, I'd be hanging out on Briebart.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
As far as I'm aware it was always expected that there would be a lower voter turnout this year. We saw this during the Republican primary as well. Obama is no longer the underdog like he was last time around and as a result didn't energize voters as much. As for Romney, let's face it he was never an exciting candidate. It seems like there were a lot of people who weren't really voting for Romney but voting against Obama. In the end this election just wasn't as exciting as the last one and as a result we saw a lower turnout.

or perhaps the 'dream' immigrants were stuck in the lines at social services or are now flush enough with cash from jobs they return Home with presents for the rest of their families left behind to protect the family property/inheritance

then return to obamaland to garner more prosperity with no-strings-attached...
these visa & green card & amnesty citizens would account for perhaps ~11 million votes not going to the CIC
edit on 9-11-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

....you are aware that folks with a Green Card...can't vote?

top topics

join