It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange sound coming from sky today, Colorado,11/7/12

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I don't know if this is in the wrong forum, so if it is, mods please move it.

I live about 25 miles south of Denver in a decently populated area. I heard or witnessed something very strange today and am looking for other Coloradans who may have heard it as well. Trying to get a sense if this was a localized sound or more spread-out. Thanks in advance for any replies.

As my subject line says, I was witness to a strange, very eerie sound today in Colorado. It was at approximately 2:15 or so this afternoon, but I could be slightly off because I was in my bath tub and did not have a clock in there. My tub is a corner tub with a window on the wall behind it, which is why I believe I heard this so clearly, as it was most definitely coming from outside. I had music on and I thought that the track that was playing had a weird sound that started before and continued through and after a breakdown, until I realized that it was off beat and came in and out all wrong. It started softly but got louder and louder, so as I started to hear it more clearly, I had my husband turn off the music to see if that's all it was. It wasn't. The sound continued for about another 15 seconds and that's the only part of it he heard. He was across the bedroom and had the speaker too close to his ear to hear anything else until he turned it off.

The sound was trumpet-like, but too low-pitched at times. When the pitch was low, it was almost like a fog horn or the sound you'd hear on a great big ship or vessel. It went up and down in pitch but did not repeat the same notes, some held out longer than others, but it was all one "song". However, it would fade to nothing and then get loud again a few seconds later. At times, the tone was so low it was like I stopped hearing it, but my ears and head could still feel the tone, almost vibratory, if that makes sense. In all, it lasted for maybe 1 1/2-2 minutes. It actually lasted a little longer than that, but that was only from the sensation I was picking up in my ears and not actually hearing. Five minutes later, my dog started barking wildly downstairs, but no one was outside of the house. I can't say for sure if it was the sound that was bothering her, but if the low tone bothered me so badly, I'd wonder if it wasn't that that made her so upset.

There is a set of train tracks less than a 1/4 mile from my home and I do not live near a busy road or highway. When I first started hearing the sound, my first instinct was to peek out the window to look for a train, but none were around. I didn't see anything out of the ordinary at all.

While I was very curious earlier, it was when my daughter mentioned the sound to me this evening that it creeped me out, because neither my husband nor I mentioned a word of it to her or anyone else. My daughter's school is 2/3 of a mile from my home and she heard it when she was outside at recess. My son, a kindergartner, is also at the same school, but he was inside at the time and did not hear it.

Again, looking to see if any other people in my area heard this sound at all. Last year I heard so much of these "sky booms" and hums, trumpet sounds, but it's been a while since I heard anything on this site or anywhere else. I never heard these sounds before, though I did hear big banging booms just before and during the series of quakes we had here last year. Nothing since.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Few months ago the wife and I heard a strange noise that we recorded wondering if sounded anything like this

she also made a thread about it Thread

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
it was the sound of freedom echoing from your vote on certain herbals.

seriously though i have heard it here in PA twice in the past and it's quite unnerving to say the least. i share a theory with a friend of mine and we feel it's possible it could be from large boulders deep in the earth exploding from the earth shifting from increased tectonic movements.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm 'bout 40 miles south of you. And, I'm sorry, I didn't hear a thing. Wish I had though, that sounds very interesting.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
New placemarker added to the SOUND TRACKER GOOGLE MAP. The map is a collaborative effort from all of those who reported strange sounds on that thread (has something of a protocol to ensure the strange sound reports are likely genuine and of the same thing) - put together by Timetothink and Tallone.

The thread for reports on that map is here.

Yes, a piece of shameless thread promotion, but it adds to your thread OP.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I live in the southern suburbs of Denver, and did not hear anything like that today. I'm not saying you didn't hear what you are claiming though, as I am in an area with a lot of cars and other daily noises, so I doubt I would've noticed anything out of the ordinary. Unless it was absolutely unmistakeable of course.

Sorry I can't contribute by saying I heard it, but maybe the fact that I didn't notice anything means it was local to your specific neighborhood or area?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave
Few months ago the wife and I heard a strange noise that we recorded wondering if sounded anything like this

she also made a thread about it Thread

Thanks for posting. I listened to it, but it seems a little too high-pitched. I did read her thread, however, and the way she describes how it sounded and other little details seems pretty right-on. Thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

seriously though i have heard it here in PA twice in the past and it's quite unnerving to say the least. i share a theory with a friend of mine and we feel it's possible it could be from large boulders deep in the earth exploding from the earth shifting from increased tectonic movements.

Yeah, how bout that??

That is a good theory
When's the last time you heard it? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firewater
I'm 'bout 40 miles south of you. And, I'm sorry, I didn't hear a thing. Wish I had though, that sounds very interesting.

Thanks for posting!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tallone
New placemarker added to the SOUND TRACKER GOOGLE MAP. The map is a collaborative effort from all of those who reported strange sounds on that thread (has something of a protocol to ensure the strange sound reports are likely genuine and of the same thing) - put together by Timetothink and Tallone.

The thread for reports on that map is here.

Yes, a piece of shameless thread promotion, but it adds to your thread OP.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Tallone because: (no reason given)

Great, thanks for this, didn't know it existed!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by csuldm
I live in the southern suburbs of Denver, and did not hear anything like that today. I'm not saying you didn't hear what you are claiming though, as I am in an area with a lot of cars and other daily noises, so I doubt I would've noticed anything out of the ordinary. Unless it was absolutely unmistakeable of course.

Sorry I can't contribute by saying I heard it, but maybe the fact that I didn't notice anything means it was local to your specific neighborhood or area?

Good point, maybe better to know it was in a smaller area? Thanks!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mountaingirl1111

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Yeah, how bout that??

That is a good theory
When's the last time you heard it? Thanks!

it was over summer, maybe july/august or there abouts. both times i heard it, it sounded like an old WW2 bomber moving around the sky, it would get louder then it would fade to very low. both times the sky was clear and i saw nothing that would make that sound.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mountaingirl1111
I live about 10 miles north of Denver. I haven't heard the trumpet like sounds but when you mentioned "sky booms" it struck a familiar cord. I have heard what I described as thunder sounding noises. Sky booms is a better description. I also live close to a rail road track, but that isn't it. I also thought it may have been construction on a new house near me but then i was hearing the sound in the evenings. It was mostly in July and August I was hearing the sky booms. I've been in California for the last month and just got back, so I haven't heard anything lately. I have two dogs who sometimes act strange. Barking at nothing, being very skittish. I wanted to start a thread on this a while ago but I was too shy, not being very knowledgeable about these things.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Just sayin you may be able to get a reasonable facsimile off the above website to put in yer thread....idfind it interesting just how many damn people around the world are hearing trumpet sounds specifically.......
No theory yet though but theres a few reports from elsewhere since last year.....trumpetlike that is.....
Lots of strange sounds being reported these days......like lots of ufos.....doesnt take away credibility but makes one wonder whats up?
We have had several earthquakes recently here but no precursor trumpets yet....
maybe Youtube has an example like yours.....?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I was in the Golden area today and I didn't hear anything out of the ordinary. Definitely seems localized to your area.

top topics

join