It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I showed up....I voted....My guy lost.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
There was no violence.

I am very proud to be an American.

I support my President.

I am very lucky to live in a free Country.
edit on 7-11-2012 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
You voted absentee from a free country? Where do you live? I'm stuck here in the USA and we have to get a license or pay a tax for everything we do. I envy you for finding a free country.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike
You voted absentee from a free country? Where do you live? I'm stuck here in the USA and we have to get a license or pay a tax for everything we do. I envy you for finding a free country.

I guess you can stay bitter for four more years.

I am ready to move on.

Isn't it great to voice your opinion without threat of death?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You have a real president that you feel proud of? We don't here in the USA. We used to but that was 25+ years ago.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike

I guess you can stay bitter for four more years.

I am ready to move on.

Isn't it great to voice your opinion without threat of death?

Well . . . actually there is a lingering threat of death for voicing your opinion. It just depends on what your opinions are whether or not you are threatened with death. I'm not bitter about which party member they allowed to be the figurehead, I'm honest and I know the reality of what has become of America. My friend, be as proud as you want, talk of freedom all you want, but the fact is you live in a communist state and have for all your life.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Not as free as it used to be.

I miss the 80's. Big Ron, where are ya when we need ya?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
My guy lost too but I'm not taking it nearly as well.

I'm thinking there was intimidation, fraud, and threats of violence involved with the decision.

Free elections my A$$!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cavalryscout

would you care for some cheese with your whine?

PS OP... i respect your perspective. if only we all were so mature about such things.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythos
reply to post by cavalryscout

would you care for some cheese with your whine?

PS OP... i respect your perspective. if only we all were so mature about such things.

Sure I may as well get my government cheese now before all of the welfare prone Obama supporters.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
My guy lost as well, and I am reeling from shock still. What I thought was good was not the will of the people.

Still, I do respect our current commander-in-chief, I just don't agree with his policies. Seeing the bigger picture, the health of our nation as a whole, I don't see the correct course being taken.

Just my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I remember re-enlisting one time when Slick Willie was in charge.

Gotta promise to obey the commander in chief...

Only for love of country...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
My guy lost as well, and I am reeling from shock still. What I thought was good was not the will of the people.

Still, I do respect our current commander-in-chief, I just don't agree with his policies. Seeing the bigger picture, the health of our nation as a whole, I don't see the correct course being taken.

Just my humble opinion.

We have a divided Nation.

I feel very much like you.

But, we have to come together to fix our mess.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

My "guy" did not lose last night. Though referring to him as "my guy" feels insincere. He was the closest thing to what I would want that was offered.

For the record - I share the same fears and concerns as you do. Diminishing freedoms, debt, too much government and not enough results. In my humble opinion I offer the following thought...

We aren't nearly as divided as we think we might be. We've just fallen prey to rhetoric, propaganda, and a ton of fear mongering misinformation.

My stance is that we truly can conquer the difficulties confronting us in a bipartisan and productive manner - from the bottom up. It won't be easy and it won't be instantaneous. But it is very much possible. We've been tricked into thinking of each other as the enemy and that has prevented us from realizing that we have mutual interests and goals.

In that regard, I extend an olive branch to all conservatives and ask that we find it within ourselves to sit down and discuss that which we can find agreement upon or compromise in. We've wasted too many years and jeopardized the future of our nation with this infighting. We need to be a nation, not tribes.

Are we up to that? Can we have the fortitude enough to drop our defenses and temper or paradigms in the quest for the best America?

I hope we can. Sincerely.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

We aren't nearly as divided as we think we might be. We've just fallen prey to rhetoric, propaganda, and a ton of fear mongering misinformation.

Wow, I wish I would of written that...

I wish the entire Nation could read that.

Thanks for your contribution and your message of hope.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ive said since last election.. we all have many more similarities than differences as CITIZENS in our wants, needs, ideas of progress for this country from both sides of the aisle. So many of us realize this, however, the extremists of both "sides" have gone bonkers ( RL and on here, all over the internet) and are making any cooperation impossible behaving like a bunch of PSYCHOphants.

Example: I go into the office at around 6:30 this morning. Professional setting.. prosecuting attys office. My greeting? YOU LOST, Say hello to the second term of president Obama. I was feeling rotten and annoyed anyway. I replied to her.. I didnt vote for Romney, save it. She says Ohhhh thats means you gave Obama a vote. ** kerthunk** I was feeling a little homicidal.. but figured I was in the wrong place to get arrested for choking out my coworker. I didnt think the Death Flu was a good excuse for politically induced homicide. Heff, there is NO way to come to common ground with that sort of zealot any more than the religious hyper-right guy in the planning and maps dept who has been spouting prophecy since Tuesday...probably goes home at night and rubs his ammo all over his naked body.. that type
IMO when the main 2 parties stop sheltering the nutcases for a vote and condoning lunacy for a vote, we all might get somewhere.
You'd all just get somewhere faster if you voted for my guy.. a libertarian.

top topics

join