It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US lab validates Cianjur 'ancient structure' theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

www.thejakartapost.com

A recent analysis of carbon-dating by the Miami-based Beta Analytic Lab has apparently validated findings by a government-sanctioned team that a man-made structure, buried under Mount Padang in Cianjur, West Java, is older than the Giza pyramid.

Carbon-dating test results from the Miami lab show that the structure could date back to 14,000 BC or beyond.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
That's really old and as the article states would really change how some things are viewed.

This also happens to jive up with Edgar Cayce's ideas on when the Sphinx should actually be dated to. Robert Schoch, a geologist, agrees to an extent, as I'm sure most folks on here are aware.

Anyhow, it will be interesting to see if this gets picked up by anything other than the Jakarta Times ;-)

www.thejakartapost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by EthanT

I think you want this thread here from a few days ago...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The article is heavily hedged - the only evidence teh structure is man made at all is teh carbon dating age and the depth of burial being quiet shallow -

Any natural material buried between three and 12 meters under the surface should have been millions of years in age, Budianto said.

That is a supposition that is pretty easy to question - there are any number of ways "nature" can bury something 3-12 metres in 10,000 years - eg weather, erruption, and of course it is also possible that "nature" got a hand in doing so from humanity ver however long people have been living there.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
That is very interesting. If they do have their facts straight, the implications to history are large.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My latest area of reading has been the Indus Valley civilization.

What caught my attention more than the estimated age of the cities (~5000 BC) was the fact that some of the cities have been rebuilt multiple times after natural disasters.

What they found was that each subsequent rebuilding was of lower quality, not higher.

Does that strike anyone else as odd?

You would think that the build quality would improve not decline.

Couple this with evidence that the Sphinx was built around 10,500 BC, and you have IMHO more evidence of a civilization that peaked then declined.

Very interesting stuff S+F.

new topics

top topics

join