posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
But but... Woman and Gay rights, man.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjamikec

No, I don't think a bunch of Saudis did it. Look at my WTC 7 thread.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Kang69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Ron Paul endorsements

www.opensecrets.org...

As far as saying its your duty to vote, it's not. It's a duty to pay taxes, that's really it. You live in a great country with lots of choices. One of the best choices is voting. You have the right to choose to vote

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Clearly you never read the bill. It is highly UN-constitutional and war mongering in nature.

RON PAUL voted for this garbage, stop making excuses for him.

uthorization for Use of Military Force
September 18, 2001
Public Law 107-40 [S. J. RES. 23]
107th CONGRESS

JOINT RESOLUTION
To authorize the use of United States Armed Forces against those responsible for the recent attacks launched against the United States.

Whereas, on September 11, 2001, acts of treacherous violence were committed against the United States and its citizens; and

Whereas, such acts render it both necessary and appropriate that the United States exercise its rights to self-defense and to protect United States citizens both at home and abroad; and

Whereas, in light of the threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States posed by these grave acts of violence; and

Whereas, such acts continue to pose an unusual and extraordinary threat to the national security and foreign policy of the United States; and

Whereas, the President has authority under the Constitution to take action to deter and prevent acts of international terrorism against the United States: Now, therefore, be it

Resolved by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This joint resolution may be cited as the `Authorization for Use of Military Force'.
SEC. 2. AUTHORIZATION FOR USE OF UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES.

(a) IN GENERAL- That the President is authorized to use all necessary and appropriate force against those nations, organizations, or persons he determines planned, authorized, committed, or aided the terrorist attacks that occurred on September 11, 2001, or harbored such organizations or persons, in order to prevent any future acts of international terrorism against the United States by such nations, organizations or persons.

(b) War Powers Resolution Requirements-
(1) SPECIFIC STATUTORY AUTHORIZATION- Consistent with section 8(a)(1) of the War Powers Resolution, the Congress declares that this section is intended to constitute specific statutory authorization within the meaning of section 5(b) of the War Powers Resolution.
(2) APPLICABILITY OF OTHER REQUIREMENTS- Nothing in this resolution supercedes any requirement of the War Powers Resolution.

Approved September 18, 2001.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Honestly, the only conclusion I can come up with is that the voters are demoralized. If look at that video I posted, it's pretty interesting.

link   
reply to post by Kang69

Ah, there we go ...

United States Armed forces and tech

Thanks for the knowledge

link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

BTW

woman rights...is a birth right
black rights....is a birth right

can people stop associating gays....with black and female rights

associate gay rights with..... the right to drink in public...etc

i also think disabled rights out ranks gay rights

just saying

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Good for you?

What's with this "you have to vote, if you don't your pissing on democracy."

No, if both candidates are incompetent, they don't deserve any votes!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Besides,Rand Paul is my senator,Ron Pauls son,so keep an eye out for him in 2016.

You mean the same guy who hung his father out to dry when he switched horses?

I'd also watch out for him.

My Prediction:

But, I don't really see any more elections happening anyways. After Obama gets through destroying the Nation and people finally start to stand up (too late) the hand of Martial Law will clamp down and the US will have a dictator for life.

I think we've seen the very last election circus because people are getting wiser to the corruption and an actual election carried out by fair/impartial voting and results will never be allowed to happen. The elite have too much to lose.

But hey, that's just me...

Peace

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec
Ron Paul endorsements

www.opensecrets.org...

As far as saying its your duty to vote, it's not. It's a duty to pay taxes, that's really it. You live in a great country with lots of choices. One of the best choices is voting. You have the right to choose to vote

Ron Paul endorsements;

Peter Thiel (Bilderberg member) gave Ron Paul 2.5 million! Red Flag anyone?

Ron Paul may have an army of small donors but when it comes to billionaire sugar daddies, PayPal co-founder and early Facebook investor Peter Thiel is the financial stalwart of the campaign. According to campaign finance documents filed with the FEC on Monday, Thiel donated $1.7 million to Ron Paul-supporting super PAC Endorse Liberty in January, which amounted to over 70 percent of the $2.4 million it received for the month. Following donations of $150,000 and $750,000 donations made in December, the billionaire has given the PAC $2.6 million, accounting for 76 percent of its total fundraising.

www.theatlanticwire.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

I'm not making excuses for Romney, have you not seen any of my pro-Paul posts?

Anyway I have to step out for a bit, I'll return to this thread in a bit.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

You're making excuses for Ron Paul. And him voting yes on tyrannical bills.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
It wasn`t just obama that extended the patriot act it was congress too, congress had to vote to extend it or scrap it and they voted to extend it. Maybe your congress person was one of the ones that voted to extend it, maybe the congress person that you helped to re-elect was one of the ones that voted to extend it.

No president is a king or dictator, congress is neck deep in creating the mess we find ourselves in today.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
NDAA was my biggest concern. Don't forget that Romney said he would have signed it in too.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

You do realize, don't you (though maybe given that response, you don't...) that there were in most states more choices than two? My state had eight. Granted that it would have been a miracle of biblical proportions for any of the other six to win... But other choices are out there. It's up to us, if we don't like the other choices, to make another choice viable.

So Obama won. I don't like it either, but the country will survive him being in office for another four years. As bad as things are/will be, they've in all likelihood been worse at times. Talk to someone who lived through the Great Depression, and the World War that followed right behind. That was a decade plus I'm just as glad to have missed, thank you.

The Jim Crow era in the south. The American Civil War. Various other economic down turns in the past...

Thing is? We got through 'em, and we'll get through this.

So please spare me the histrionics. Things will improve, they always do.

What won't improve things is castigating people who may see things differently than you do. That won't help fix a thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

How can you people on a f'ing "conspiracy" website willingly vote for a man that has destroyed the 4th amendment?

I keep asking the same question and may have to take a step back from ATS because of this very question. Suddenly, I am starting to see something more of ATS and it's not pretty.

The Obama Administration has been nothing but conspiracy from the very beginning. This man has raped and pillaged America with permission from its own citizens and now? He's free to step it up even further with permission from the people...again.

And so Many members are ok with it all...I just don't understand what happened.

I give it a few weeks for Americans to suddenly wake up one day in a cold sweat and wonder what the hell they've just done. But by then it'll be too late.

Duck & Cover

Had Ron Paul been on the ballot I may have voted for him. But he wasn't so that shouldn't be part of the issue. It came down to the fact that either Obama or Romney was going to be elected and a vote elsewhere was wasted.

As for Obama I don't think he was responsible for anything that you state. It was all bills brought to his desk which clearly had veto overriding support. Thus even if he vetoed, they still would have been passed and any influence he may have had would be gone.

No matter who won the future of America is either great change or great failure. I don't like either version of change but prefer Obama's ideals as they put a floor to the misery many Americans may suffer. Thats why I voted Obama. I think we see real change which the people want, but the media will make the impression that we don't.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
reply to post by kdog1982

Besides,Rand Paul is my senator,Ron Pauls son,so keep an eye out for him in 2016.

You mean the same guy who hung his father out to dry when he switched horses?

I'd also watch out for him.

My Prediction:

But, I don't really see any more elections happening anyways. After Obama gets through destroying the Nation and people finally start to stand up (too late) the hand of Martial Law will clamp down and the US will have a dictator for life.

I think we've seen the very last election circus because people are getting wiser to the corruption and an actual election carried out by fair/impartial voting and results will never be allowed to happen. The elite have too much to lose.

But hey, that's just me...

Peace

No,you are right.

I had no choice in that comment ,or my voting. My wife would have cut off all sex.

But,I didn't tell my girlfriends that.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thePharaoh

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

BTW

woman rights...is a birth right
black rights....is a birth right

can people stop associating gays....with black and female rights

Sexual orientation ....is a birth right.

Its all about Equal Rights.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Sexual orientation ....is a birth right.

Its all about Equal Rights.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

is it.....so transvestites....should be helped by the goverment......and have the same rights as a disabled person

sexual orientation...is a private issue....

just saying...how could they be the same???

new topics
top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join