If you voted for Obama...

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
reply to post by buddhasystem

I had forgotten about that thanks for posting it.

After learning about his views on foreign policy I ruled him out as someone I could support and didn’t pay much attention to him after that but I vaguely remember hearing about those remarks and just shaking my head. I just do not see how so many people got behind him after learning things like that about him.

I kind of understood how they fell for his foreign policy because it sounded good at first but the reality of the world is much different than what he made it out to be and many people just do not have a firm grasp on it.

Actually his foreign policy is great. We do not need any involvement in the middle east and we should be returning troops back to america to protect our borders. We spend almost a trillion per year just to flex our muscle to the world, which creates animosity and is terribly wasteful.

It is the bone crushing small government crap that scares me #less. I cannot fathom social security, medicare and medicaid taking the plunge because we spend so much on wars and counter-terrorism. And because the insanely rich hoarde money offshore. We need somewhat of a smaller government BUT taxes need to come from the billionares.

Constitution party and green party is what I like. Libertarians and republicans scare me. Democrats are barely ok!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

The way I see it, he would have had to compromise that audience in order to gain more votes.

He didn't gain more votes so it's obvious why he never had a chance.

Instead, those folks shifted their weight behind Romney.

Romney cheated Ron Paul in the primaries quite a bit. Then he more or less HINTED at Gary Johnson to take the ball and run. The media gave no respect to Gary Johnson and the Libertarians. They left them out to dry.

It takes Russia Today to cover the Third Party Debate and C-Span. This is what everyone should be complaining about, not ron paul or gary johnson. Ron Paul ran out of campaign funds and had to drop out too early. Unless we change the campaign process in terms of financing and force media to do its job properly, I see the world talking about how messed up america is for another 100 years...if it is not nuked by russia and china in the meantime.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

The way I see it, he would have had to compromise that audience in order to gain more votes.

He didn't gain more votes so it's obvious why he never had a chance.

Instead, those folks shifted their weight behind Romney.

Romney cheated Ron Paul in the primaries quite a bit. Then he more or less HINTED at Gary Johnson to take the ball and run. The media gave no respect to Gary Johnson and the Libertarians. They left them out to dry.

It takes Russia Today to cover the Third Party Debate and C-Span. This is what everyone should be complaining about, not ron paul or gary johnson. Ron Paul ran out of campaign funds and had to drop out too early. Unless we change the campaign process in terms of financing and force media to do its job properly, I see the world talking about how messed up america is for another 100 years...if it is not nuked by russia and china in the meantime.

LOL are the Paul supporters still claiming massive fraud?

You guys need to get a grip.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
LOL are the Paul supporters still claiming massive fraud?

Their butthurt is so bad they lost the ability to think straight, or whatever remained of it in the first place.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 01:19 AM
link   

As far as saying its your duty to vote, it's not. It's a duty to pay taxes, that's really it.

Guess again.

What creates this duty? Why would it be a duty? Please answer these questions honestly.

There can only be a duty to do something, if you have CONSENTED to it being a duty for you. No consent, no duty. The power comes from the consent of the governed, as you should know. If you don't consent to being governed, there is no obligation, there is no duty, and no one can lawfully punish you for not paying taxes.

Taxes are a rip-off, that was originally planned for corporations, _NOT_ individual human beings. Taxes are a ludicrous thing nowadays, and no one in their right mind should ever pay them. Paying taxes is OPTIONAL. Not a duty.

There is only one duty: Obey the LAW. That means; respect human rights of yourself and others.

Anything else is basically just legal system ACTS and STATUTES, which are not the same thing as the law.

Law is NOT the same as Legal System (I originally used 'smaller-than' and 'bigger than'-characters to differentiate between "Law" and "Legal System", but this forum platform apparently doesn't allow this kind of free communication, so it deleted the characters.. sigh)

Two completely different things. Law you have to obey even if you don't consent to it, because it has to do with other people's rights - you have NO RIGHT to offend other people's rights. That's where the power of law comes from. You don't have the right to steal, murder, injure, damage or be fraudulent in your dealings. All of those have a human victim, which means that they are about rights and law (inseparable concept, really).

Legal system only has to be obeyed by people who have specifically consented to being governed by it. Not anyone else.

Research this a bit more, before saying things like 'paying taxes is a duty', please.

A good place to start:

yourstrawman.com...

There you can get the basic knowledge, and then you can start your journey to expand on that .. (I know there's horrible grammar and it's badly written, and even the law is badly described there, but it's a start, and it's something)
edit on 11-5-2014 by Shoujikina because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join