It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama won because of 2 factors; Sandy & Ron Paul

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TruthSeekerMike

Originally posted by thePharaoh

republicans only got votes from white rich people...nationalists...and the insane

democrats got everyone else...the educated...the ethnics...the "dependants" (lol)....

edit on 7-11-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

Being excited about Obama is blatantly ignorant. Have you slept through the last 4 years? If Romney had won and some knucklehead was excited about it, that would be pretty stupid. But at least Romney would have not yet begun reversing promises and ushering in tyranny. Obama is 4 years into his reign of destruction and you get excited?? Are you doing it just to avoid a spot on the kill list or something??

i dont get it

reign of destruction????

he took out a stimulus package to put money in your hands.....

sorry mate...but more than half the country voted for him....how big is the kill list??

peace

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
A stimulus package to put money in my hands? You must have me mistaken for a banker or mega-corporation. I got another $40,000 in debt and so did my 2 year old!
I have to assume that you don't understand how the Federal Reserve System operates but it's not in our nation's best interest to borrow every dollar in existence from a private entity and charge taxpayers interest on the note. Every time the government "puts money in your hands", we all get deeper in debt and the ultra-rich get ultra-richer. Obama is a tool of the Fed just like the past 8 or so presidents have been so I really don't think it matters. It's the Fed that's the problem, not the guy they hire.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

i dont get it

reign of destruction????

he took out a stimulus package to put money in your hands.....

sorry mate...but more than half the country voted for him....how big is the kill list??

peace

He's talking about:
NDRP
NDAA
resigning the Patriot Act
Bhenghazi cover up
Homeland Security EO

Expect more of this over the next 4 years.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Obama won because the current Republican party has gone 100% Jesus crazy Batsh*%

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

so how come you lot get smart with obama

but with bush....you lot were like horny teenagers at justin bieber concert

just be fair....their is no bengazhi cover up....we know the american died....and we know that country is in a terrible state

also....the little nip picking makes me laugh.....hes doing what he knows america needs....
hes not ignoring the people....and scratching the backs of his rich friebds like the republicans did

hes fighting your corner....but you lot seem to like getting abused by industry....ahh well

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Krazysh0t

so how come you lot get smart with obama

but with bush....you lot were like horny teenagers at justin bieber concert

just be fair....their is no bengazhi cover up....we know the american died....and we know that country is in a terrible state

also....the little nip picking makes me laugh.....hes doing what he knows america needs....
hes not ignoring the people....and scratching the backs of his rich friebds like the republicans did

hes fighting your corner....but you lot seem to like getting abused by industry....ahh well

Fighting in our corner? You don't actually live in the USA, do you? Again, you might have us all mistaken for big banks or corporations; then you would be right "he's fighting in our corner"

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Wrong. GOP lost because a) they fielded a sub-par candidate and b) they are out of touch with the country. GOP needs to do some soul searching if they want to be taken seriously again. Now, if we could only oust the tea party from the house...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Don't know about it. I would be curious in a survey of Ron Paul Supporters though. How many A.) Didn't Vote in the election or B.) Voted for Johnson.

I have a feeling a lot of RP supporters just stayed home on the Presidential election. The percentage might have been significant enough to have made a difference. Anybody know of any surveys about that?

Maybe the GOP shouldn't have froze him out at the convention?????? What if Ron Paul would have acceded to being Romney's VP? It's not like Paul Ryan (who I like) brought extra voters to the the ticket.

That being said, we Republicans lost because we didn't have a big enough tent. Each side brought out it's base, numbers don't lie. It's something we will need to address in some manner, that's for sure.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Sad to say its come to this, but I think Mitt Romney ultimately lost because he just wasn't a very likable candidate. Lets face it, president Obama comes accross as that cool co worker/friend who everybody loves to be around and Governer Romney is like your boss. Conservatives need to change the game plan drastically for 2016 if they have any hope of getting back in charge. The state the U.S. is currently in, this should have been a win for the republicans. Run a like able candidate, possibly Rubio, stay as far away as possible from the polarizing issues, such as abortion, and lay out a clear plan for the future and you win in 2016.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Romney lost because of swamp gas, Chinese lanterns, or balloons.
Take your pick!
Wow. Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
This may be a bit off topic, but I think Ron Paul was smart NOT to endorse a third party candidate, since there was virtually no chance of impacting the election with any other candidate than himself. Here's why: the republican party seems to be in shambles, Paul's people would have made the difference, Ron Paul is now in an excellent position to reform the republican party, not that would conceivably be possible, but I could see his motivation in maintaining solidarity with his party on the off chance he'd make a good RNC chairman or something like that and reform the party along more appealing policies.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Razimus
Sandy, Mitt's momentum died the second Sandy became the top story.

Disasters are always great for the President.

Ron Paul, A lot of support could have gone toward the Republican candidate Mitt Romney but didn't, because Ron Paul never endorsed anyone but himself,

Watch from 2:40

Ron Paul had an opportunity many times to support the man that would cut off foreign aid, cut off the promised billions going to Egypt, guess who is the exact opposite of Ron Paul? Obama, yet Ron Paul fans obviously voted and favored Obama to the man that was politically closer to Ron Paul, Mitt Romney.

It's your own fault Ron Paul people, as for Sandy, that was a freak storm, and I don't blame anyone for that, but the youth demographic, the Ron Paul base would have helped a lot, it looks like out of touch urban big city America remain in power,

Think the modern great depression has hit in the past 4 years? Think again, like out of touch Sam Jackson suggests, in his 2nd term Obama is going to do some crazy ****.

Obama supporters are drunk on the kool-aid, no doubt, but the only supporters more out of touch I would say are those selfish enough to throw their vote away & not vote, and still support someone as selfish as Ron Paul, do you honestly think Ron Paul isn't a millionaire from the t-shirts you've purchased from him? He is a pipe dream, you smoked it and he is laughing all the way to the bank. That last interview with Jay Leno proves how mindless the audience was, Ron Paul only cares about 1 thing, himself.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2012 by Razimus because: (no reason given)

WoW!
WoW!
WoW!

I dunno where to even start... So I'll try to do my best. (Sigh)

First, if republicans were not retarded they would have nominated Ron Paul, and they would have crushed Obama. He'll I would have voted Red for the first time.
But no they don't want a rational logical man in office, they want a radical far right wing but job who wants to dictate to women what they should do with their vagainas!
I literally told my FB friends "Ladies, if Romney wins you might as well sign over property rights and peer of attorney OF YOUR VAGINA TO ROMNEY because it will no longer belong to you!"
And it's true.

Now on another note..... Why do you Obama haters sound like such a whining little BITCHES???
Damn I can feel the water rising in my apartment from the river you are crying.

And about blaming Ron Paul for Romney losing, what kind of BS is that????
Last I checked, despite you crazies swearing otherwise, this IS STILL A FREE DEMOCRACY!!!

And if Paul doesn't agree with Mittens, why should be expected to endorse something he doesn't believe in? That would just make him like every other politician!!!!!!!!!! And THAT he is not!!!

You act as if being republican means you have to support 100% of what other radicalized nutbags think???!!!

And Sandy???
Uummmm... Hell NO!!!!!
Romney shot himself in the foot, BOTH FEET, several times over!!!
1)the 47% comment
2)binders full of women
3)not releasing his tax returns
4)was fact checked on debate stage about Benghazi
5)caught lying about tenure as CEO at Bain
6)supported Akin BEFORE AND AFTER "god intended rape" comments
7)I will not list all Romney flip flops, but a few; a)abortion b)NDAA c)patriot act d)Iran e)Syria f)Iraq &afghan g)immigration h)pretty much every single campaign national issue that came up, Romney played both sides T one point

So given all that, how could you possibly blame one storm and one Ron Paul?
You have to literally be a fool to keep up that argument!!!!!

It actually pisses me off that you abuse the name of a godly great man such as Ron Paul for your pathetic agenda of whining and bickering and bitching and crying bcuz ur candidate lost.

Dr. Ron Paul never even said anything had about Mitt Romney, he just didn't say anything good and that's because there isn't much good to say about mitt romney!!!!

GET OVER IT DUDE!
I'm not sure if you figured this out yet, but there is a winner and a loser in every presidential race since George Washington!!!!

Seriously mate, MAN UP AND STOP CRYING YOU PANSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Listen to those cheers that man gets.

Ron Paul and his followers didnt make Romney lose.

Romney made Romney lose.

If any arguement can be made- it would be that Romney made Paul lose by cheating his way to the GOP nominee.

Most Ron Paul supporters I know wouldnt vote for Obama if it was the last thing they ever did.

Romney lost to Obama. thats sad. Ron Paul would have SMOKED Obama, so its too bad the GOP had to resort to cheating , or maybe this country would be celebrating a republican win right now.

Blame the Romney campaign for not getting the vote out.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Common Good because: spelling

AMEN!!! Amen a thousand times!

# I NEVER voted republican before... And I am an Obama supporter...

BUT I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR RON PAUL FASTER THAN THE WINK OF ANY EYE!!!!!!!!!

But Ron Paul is not a republican of today's radical far right.... He is a Reagen Era Republican back when logic common sense and rational thinking was a requirement for winning in politics!!!

Today's republican is qualified based on how much hatred he can drum up from racist unsuccessful rednecks and hicks who find it easier to blame blacks Mexicans and Chinese for the loser-ness they are than to take accountability for their dropping outta high school in 8th grade!!!!! (HaHaHa LoL Pun Intended)!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Why should Ron Paul place his support behind any Main Stream Media shill after what the main stream media did to him?
The MSM basically ignored him and lied to everyone saying RP was senile, crazy, not in touch with America, etc. Saturday Night Live did their part too. We deserve what we got! Hope everyone is happy, now.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Razimus

TRUTH TIME

The GOP lost because they Pushed away Latino's, Blacks, Gays, Women and 47% of the Population.

All of the above Sub groups are Growing, the GOP may never win another POTUS again.

I believe too (the above reasons you have stated) are (some of the reasons) why Mitt Romney did not get elected.

I can think of 2 more groups...the poor and/or many seniors.

President Obama let it be known that he cares about and supports the above mentioned groups; so many of them voted for him.

edit on 8-11-2012 by caladonea because: edit

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

You can blame your losses on hurricane Sandy, Ron Paul, Gov. Christie, etc... all you want, but that doesn't make it true and it sure as hell doesn't explain what happened in the Senate and/or the House of Representatives, now does it?

It's the Ideology Stupid!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
He won because he isn't white. It's that simple...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides
reply to post by Razimus

TRUTH TIME

The GOP lost because they Pushed away Latino's, Blacks, Gays, Women and 47% of the Population.

All of the above Sub groups are Growing, the GOP may never win another POTUS again.

So true. You can't win the Presidency without at least trying to sway the swing vote. Until the GOP concedes social issues and focuses only on economics, they will continue to struggle in elections going forward. If they could not win this one...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Free stuff is why Obama won. People on government assistance should not be allowed to vote. This quote is the truth. America is no more unless people are not allowed to vote themselves entitlements.

A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. Great nations rise and fall. The people go from bondage to spiritual truth, to great courage, from courage to liberty, from liberty to abundance, from abundance to selfishness, from selfishness to complacency, from complacency to apathy, from apathy to dependence, from dependence back again to bondage.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
The Case of the Missing White Voters

Interesting article. Basically it says that overall less people voted this year over 2008. However, those voters who didn't vote this year were predominately white voters. I was listening to the media telling about how Obama got better percentages of Latino's ect..... This article proposes that the reason the percent of Latino's went up wasn't just because of a LOT more Latino's voting (1.7M more), it was that there were a lot less whites voting, thereby upping the percents of the minority voter blocs even more. The percents of the Latino vote going Democratic are still troubling, but it looks more like the Republicans just really didn't get their core base out in the "highly motivated" numbers we were being told they would.

Here is the chart of changes in the electorate from 2008 to 2012

Roughly 3.5M more minorities voted in 2012 and over 6.5M LESS white voters voted.

The question is why has this happened?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join