It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Recent F-35 article provides some interesting new details

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Oh yeah, and just so you know...we have Iron Man and a few other Avengers here at this time as well, but you probably wouldn't believe that either.

Oh well. Doesn't make it any less true.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

"Regular" people won't bat an eye. An Avnerd is in a different category. They're like bird watchers, and if they see a unique plane in an odd place, they scream about it. These are the people that camp off the end of runways trying to get that one picture of that one unique plane that might come in that particular day. Even if they don't get the picture, they tell people that it's been there. The Avnerd community tends to brag.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

"Regular" people won't bat an eye. An Avnerd is in a different category. They're like bird watchers, and if they see a unique plane in an odd place, they scream about it. These are the people that camp off the end of runways trying to get that one picture of that one unique plane that might come in that particular day. Even if they don't get the picture, they tell people that it's been there. The Avnerd community tends to brag.

Hey guys, I've seen aviation fans myself, ILM doesn't even have a problem with them parking just to catch a glimpse of them landing...I love aviation...this is why I am so uptight about this.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

All I can rationalize, is that they go from ILM straight over the water most of the time, and they are really...really....really effin fast. By the time you hear them, they are already over your head. I'm talking effin fast, okay?
Maybe less airspace for witnesses? I Don't know. Since I am so close to the runway here, they also fly really low...sonic booms are a common thing here and I believe that the most recent cases of Seneca Guns we have heard lately are from these aircraft...but they blame it on some mysterious ghost booms. They are faster than any F-model I've ever seen fly...and yes, gentlemen, I've been places too and seen things. Don't assume that because I'm a woman that I don't know what the hell I'm looking at.

I got to see a two stealth take their first test flight from Grumman over Bellport Long Island as a kid and I'll tell you what, all of us kids and even adults thought they were UFO's. Their exsistence wasn't even made public till about a year later, people just reported them as UFO's. We didn't know they were ours or where the hell they came from, they just flew eerily silent overhead as we watched in bewilderment. A year later...we felt like asses. Want to know the kicker? One of the kids we were with's dad worked on the aircraft at Grumman and his own son did'nt know what it was til a year later. His dad couldn't talk about it.

Seems like you guys are just in denial because you haven't gotten to see it. The last and most craziest claim on a thread like this was that an F-35 couldn't fly in the rain . Wow. They seemed to do just fine to me. This is just craziness and you won't be happy till I get you those pics or video. I have to stop.

edit on 12-11-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with you being a woman. I don't care if you're man, woman, alien, chicken, whatever. It has to do with our experience, and our knowledge of the test program.

If this pans out as you claim, then I'll be right there with boomer in another thread apologizing. I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. I don't think I am in this case, but if I am, I'll be happy to admit it.
edit on 11/12/2012 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
Why all the USMC and Navy Aircraft at small international airport that hosts a small National Guard Armory?

Well, why not? It sounds pretty reasonable that this might indicate that the aircraft aren't yet part of regular military service.

Why no isignia on the F-35's?

Well, one explanation might be that they aren't owned by the US government yet, they are property of the manufacturer.

edit on 12-11-2012 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen

Seems like you guys are just in denial because you haven't gotten to see it. The last and most craziest claim on a thread like this was that an F-35 couldn't fly in the rain . Wow. They seemed to do just fine to me. This is just craziness and you won't be happy till I get you those pics or video. I have to stop.

edit on 12-11-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: (no reason given)

Oh im not in denial. I've seen it up close and personal. I've refueled it in the air before. Hell I've refueled its predecessor the X-35 before that. And this has nothing to do with you being a woman, I can assure you that. We used to have Intelegirl on this site who knew amazing things that a lot of people didn't know. The point is that some of these plane watchers would have noticed by now, and if not then you really have something here. But until we see proof, we can't take your word for it as fact. I'm one of the few people that has been able to see the F-22 and F-35 in the air, refueling both aircraft. Needless to say, people like Zaphod and myself have followed this program for a long time and if they are testing this aircraft there then we want to know about it with proof, which you can get for us.

On another note, the only thing I could find about the possibility of it flying out of there were the sea trials of the F-35B and the USS Wasp Amphibious Assault ship. All signs point to the F-35B's taking off out of Pax River to the ship but who knows they could of had them down in NC for it. But why would they be unmarked? That doesn't make much sense to me. Also, the sea trials are over so why would they still be there?

Again, were not saying your wrong, but until we see some proof, then we just cant agree with you. If you show us proof, I can get you on a morning talk show in New York City to talk about your finding. But until that happens, we will just wait and see.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

I get what you're saying. It is odd, it doesn't make sense, there's a lot of questions. I believe to have seen the F-35B here in Wilmington for awhile now, but, I may very well be wrong. I apologize for my demeanor yesterday...I've been fighting pneumonia on and off for two months now and yesterday I was a bit "emotional".

I'm not the only one in this town asking questions about this aircraft. I am a former rapid deployment and logistics
MOS back in the day (3043 TAD with SPMAGTF), so I've seen things and even had to procure and "acquire" things needed for rapid deployments...so I've seen my fair share of "under the radar" inventory and vehicles that we are technically "not supposed" to be in our own US Navy's inventory.

Why would we publicly disclose when and where we will have certain assets and aircraft? That makes no sense to me.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

If they were operational, then I would agree with you, although I have seen deployments in the Air Force leaked to let the people we're going there to intimidate know they're supposed to be intimidated. But in the testing program, it's a lot less critical to hide them, and you actually want to let people know they are there, so they don't freak out when all of a sudden there is a much louder plane, flying three or four times more often than they are used to seeing planes flying. Especially since if it's a test flight as opposed to a training flight, there's a chase plane. Most people aren't used to seeing two planes flying in close formation like that, although test flights can be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Well, you basically just described the situation over here to a T and pretty much explained my questions. They sound like a Harrier, but about 1/3 quieter. The Harrier is usually with them on return flights...they are approx. 2/3 the size of the Harrier. When I've seen them come in from the back roads, all three come in for a landing in a similar way, like the Harrier. The landing of these aircraft is what tells the tale. So, tell your friends about this and maybe someone else could look into this as well.

Who knows?...Maybe this is a scoop...a secret hidden in "plane" sight.

Regards.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm wondering if you're seeing something new, because the F-35 is actually bigger than the Harrier. It's about 4 feet longer, and the wingspan is about 5 feet more when compared to the AV-8B. I wish I had contacts in that area, but I can put some feelers out in the AvNerd community of spotters and see if they've seen anything strange in that area.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ok. I think that I figured out the mystery. The two smaller planes are the harriers and the bigger one is the F-35. That would make sense, so tell me what you think about that possibility.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

That makes more sense. I still haven't heard of them flying in North Carolina, but I know they're bigger than the Harrier.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It dawned on me last night. I've seen a harrier up close one time at Cherry point, but that was 20 years ago and its hard to judge size while flying in the air. The bigger plane being the F-35 makes more sense and it corroborates the article I posted awhile back. The dimensions you cited are exactly on the mark.

They are gorgeous...it takes my breath away, but I haven't seen it in about a week and lately they've been flying at night...but I promise you...I'll get pics or video when I can.

You can't miss them....loudest aircraft I've ever heard. My family calls it the "screamer" and it's so cool when they fly right in front of my apt. It's giving me goosebumps just thinking about it.

Thanks for staying with me on this.
edit on 28-11-2012 by AFewGoodWomen because: just cause

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join