It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The time to buy a gun is now, Obama has nothing to lose now and the gun ban laws are already prepare

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Right before and after the first election of Obama to President there was a huge run on gun and ammo purchases, especially "assault rifle" type weapons and prices rose extremely high.

Part of the backlash from all that has been that prices on assault rifles have come down to an all time low since then.

Now's the time to buy an assault rifle. The number and type of new laws already in Congress lean heavily to a 2nd term President who can pass legislation without regard to public opinion. Plus, it's a win / win for gun owners to buy right now. Not only do you get the best pricing at this time but if the administration does start making a run on gun rights and the prices rise you could turn around and re-sell for more than you paid, probably quite a bit more if I'm right.

There are some pretty scary laws being worked on quietly in the background:

* Gun bans for anyone placed on any "watch list" by the government (you can be on a watch list without being notified which means you could potentially find yourself arrested for a federal gun felony while carrying a firearm you have a perfectly legal permit to carry. See the recent TSA stranding thread for an example of a member who could have been affected by this proposed law if it passes).

* Moving gun free zones that can show up anywhere and anytime without any notice.

* More efforts to ban magazines that hold more than 5 or 10 bullets.

* Ban of private sales in the US completely (included in multiple bills)

References:

H.R. 1506

This bill would allow the Attorney General to outlaw the possession of a firearm by anyone whom the administration, at its discretion, decides to put on a “watch list” -- i.e., anyone “known (or appropriately suspected) to be or have been engaged in conduct constituting, in preparation for, in aid of, or related to terrorism, or providing material support thereof, and the Attorney General has a reasonable belief that the prospective transferee may use a firearm in connection with terrorism.” In addition, the government may withhold information concerning why it put someone on the “watch list.” Take into consideration that the federal definition of “terrorism” is very broad, and could, under some circumstances, be used by a hostile administration to go after Second Amendment organizations.

H.R. 1781

This bill would:
withhold federal crime-fighting funds from states which fail to provide a sufficient number of names to the FBI’s Instant Check system (with penalties possible for states that fall as little as 10% short of providing all names) [sec. 101]; require federal agencies to turn over the names of all prohibited persons (which would presumably include the names of all persons admitting to having smoked as little as one marijuana cigarette) [sec. 102]; redefine “adjudicated as a mental defective” (18 U.S.C. 922(g)(4)) to impose a gun ban in any case in which a “lawful authority” (including, presumably, a school or a Medicare-funded doctor) prescribes counseling or medication in response to “subnormal intelligence, mental illness, or incompetency”
[sec. 103]; require colleges to set up a procedure for investigating students who are acting strange and “reporting” them
[sec. 103]; ban all private person-to-person sales of firearms, requiring that all sales go through federal firearms licensees or the police, who would conduct a background check [Title II].

Various (multiple bills)

Make it illegal to carry a weapon within a range of 250 to 1000 feet of a member of Congress no matter where they are. These laws will establish the precedent for moving gun ban zones which can appear anywhere at any time without any notice to the public.

In the Senate:
S.32

This is the Senate version of the semiautomatic magazine ban. It would prohibit private transfers of magazines holding more than 10 rounds, even if they were grandfathered.

S.34

This bill would allow the Attorney General to prohibit you from owning firearms by placing your name on a "watch list" and notifying you of that fact. The Attorney General doesn't need to tell you (or a court to which you appeal your disability) the basis for the loss of your gun rights (other than summaries and "redacted" documents which can be submitted to the court). We have seen other statutes -- notably the Brady Law -- under which you are supposedly given the statutory right to appeal your gun ban, and our experience in those cases has been that ATF frequently just ignores them.

S.436

This is an effort to embody Barack Obama's Arizona newspaper article into legislation -- and to milk political advantage from the tragedy in Tucson. It would: withhold federal crime-fighting funds from states which fail to provide a sufficient number of names to the FBI's Instantcheck system (with penalties possible for states that fall as little as 10% short of providing all names
[sec. 101]; require federal agencies to turn over the names of all prohibited persons (which would presumably include the names of all persons admitting to having smoked as little as one marijuana cigarette)
[sec. 102]; redefine "adjudicated as a mental defective" (18 U.S.C. 922(g)(4)) to impose a gun ban in any case in which a "lawful authority" (including, presumably, a school or a Medicare-funded doctor) prescribes counseling or medication in response to "subnormal intelligence, mental illness, or incompetency"
[sec. 103]; require colleges to set up a procedure for investigating students who are acting strange and "reporting" them
[sec. 103]; -allow a person to be put on the FBI's drug abuser list if, among other things, he admitted to "possessing a controlled substance unlawfully within the last five years" (thereby, humorously, removing current law's theoretical gun ban for large numbers of unadmitted pot smokers)
[sec.104]; ban all private person-to-person sales of firearms, requiring that all sales go through federal firearms licensees or the police, who would conduct a background check [Title II].

Various:

Multiple new regulations for gun shops that make running or working at one too high of a risk such as mandatory prison for everyone working in a shop that sells to someone making a "straw man" purchase. (If someone w/ legal rights to buy a gun turns out to be buying it for someone else the entire gun shop staff will be prosecuted even if they had no way of knowing).

Multiple new regulations that will make gun shows impossible.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You do realize the chances of these bills actually gaining traction and being put on the floor is very small, right?

If you ever get a chance to look into the sheer number of bills introduced that never go anywhere, you'd feel a whole lot better.

I don't have the time now to check on the status of these bills, but I'd reckon that they've been shelved or are being sat on/burried in sub-committies.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Somebody was listening to Glenn Beck this morning.

I'll say it outright: Guns will not be banned and this is nothing more than a scare tactic.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

This will be an interesting next four years to say the least lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

I'll say it outright: Guns will not be banned and this is nothing more than a scare tactic.

Amen.

The NRA is strong, and the Republicans now own the House. This is indeed nothing but a scare tactic.

In a way, it actually benefits the people selling and making guns. This will no doubt cause a rise in gun sales again.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
As long as the Republicans hold the house, it's not likely any of these bills pass. Besides, the dems...in order to make ANY sort of gains in 2014 midterms...will have to be careful, and they know politically, gun control is a killer.

Take a democrat shooting...they see how fun it is, and change their tune.

edit on 7-11-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

They are still trying the UN Gun Grab according to this article.
www.thegunmag.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
Take a democrat shooting...they see how fun it is, and change their tune.

edit on 7-11-2012 by SrWingCommander because: (no reason given)
Why do you think Dems dont own, and like owning guns.
The 2nd Ammendant was written for all Americans to Exercise.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Never hurts to buy a couple more anyway just to be on the safe side.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
OP,

Obama has made no mention of coming after guns. Even if he wanted to, he would need a democrat majority in both houses of congress. Even if he had a majority in both houses of congress, taking away guns would be political suicide for the democrats and would ensure a republican run on all offices in following elections.

Congratulations for buying into, and parroting, the NRA propaganda; which is repeated in perpetuity in order to sell more guns so they can get their kickback on the sales.

You own a gun? Great! I do too. But I don't need 17 of them; one works just fine.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Oh this is really gonna get some of ya fired up! Here is an e-mail I got from my Dad today. Pretty sicking if you as me.

OK some more searching into the e-mail says it was fabricated! So I remove it. Now even madder and red faced.

Personally I do not think anyone can disarm American citizens. It would be a blood bath!
edit on 11/7/2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/7/2012 by restlessinMT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Stick to your guns guys.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2012 by sylent6 because: double post. can we get a mobile app for this site?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Its topics like these will sooner or later to have everyones guns revoke

Why is everyone so quick to draw and buy a gun? What will people do if shtf...NOTHING

Guns wont protect you if you don't know what to do with it in a worse case scenario.

If they were to ban guns tomorrow and every authority in the u.s. came to door to door, what will you do....shoot back? Hell no, you will go to prison or be dead in front of your doorstep.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

How much of this "scare" is being being peddled by paid trolls of the gun manufacturers? Whatever the case, this fear sure isn't hurting their business. You all are being sucked once again.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Yes he has. He stated he was for gun control when he submitted his name for Senator in Illinois? He also talked about his position in the town-hall debate (2nd debate) and at first mentioned automatic assault rifles (which are already banned) but then threw in handguns when he spoke of the violence in Chicago.

Yes he has.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I agree with you.

doesn't, however, mean he won't try. I suspect that it's at the very least, something they, they being Obama and his cabinet, will be discussing...

With a divided Congress, and a very powerful gun lobby in Washington; not to mention noisy voters like myself... The odds are slim. But it does bear watching.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
If all the pro-Obama folks were right we wouldn't see continued abuses of power such as the NDAA, Operation Fast and Furious and so on.

It only takes one incident to give them the traction they need to pass one or more of these bills into law. I think some of you wildly underestimate the number of politicians on board w/ "the plan" or how politics in general really works in terms of making things happen a majority of the public doesn't support.

American's are politically lazy. We're too willing to play along to get along and sit back, watch really horrible TV shows and allow our liberty to be chipped away a little bit at a time.

For the record I'm not a supporter of either political party, didn't even bother to vote (it's a complete waste of time at this point in our history) and do not listen to or watch any political talk shows, Alex Jones, etc. There is no one in mass media with an audience larger than 100 people who isn't part of the manipulation.

American history is packed full of examples where the government acted contrary to the public and their own party stances. Again and again they have said one thing while working their fat asses off doing the opposite.

These bills are not introduced for no reason / because the Congressman / Woman was bored in between tweeting naked photos of themselves to underage staffers. Unless you've tried to get a new law passed or change an existing one you really have no appreciation or understanding of just how difficult it can be.

When you see the same agendas being placed into bills again and again, year after year no matter who holds the reigns of power you're seeing the direction of things to come. It's one of the few ways you can predict what the plan is and where things are heading.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
i have a feeling obama will be replacing several cabinet members even before the years out, just a hunch.

there have been several issues that i'm on the fence with when it comes to barry and he's hard to read on gun control, as apposed to cabinet members and legislation and of course the "let's make a deal" politics that goes on day after day in DC. i'm hoping he now has the leverage to tell some in DC to go to hell, we're getting this fixed.

i think BO has much larger things to address instead of wallowing in the mud of gun control, but i suppose we shall all witness it for ourselves at this point.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I don't watch network news or any of the shows on it, period.

I don't know if you noticed but the election is over. Throwing the label "scare tactic" around is a bit irresponsible not to mention completely inaccurate.

I stand by my position - gun prices will not go much lower and will definitely go higher at some point.

I've listed examples of 2 composite bills which are in both the house and the senate. To clue you in when the President writes newspaper articles proposing new legislation and the points of that proposal appear in both House and Senate there's a damn good chance you're going to see at least some of those points pass into law.

They will most likely be tacked onto other legislation, usually something that pretty much has to be passed.

Plus, no one is saying Obama will "ban guns" outright. That's just extremist noise. What they will do is continue to chip away at the overall goal a bit at a time.

I believe there's a very strong chance the following elements of these bills will pass:

1. Any federal watch list = no firearm ownership
2. Ban on private sales
3. Moving gun free zones

If you haven't learned by now that these folks can do pretty much whatever they want when it's under the guise of "war on terror" then I really don't know where you've been for the past 12 years or so.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join