It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Going to Williamsburg, VA....any suggestions for a hauntingly good time?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

Sorry for the horrid pun in the title, but my brain is dead and so we will just go with it.

Going to Williamsburg this weekend, never been before and I can't wait. We're going to Jamestown for sure, but I'd love some advice if you've got it. Any particularly creepy places we should try and see?

Thanks, friends!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I was just there in May...

I stayed at the Hospitality House across the street from William and Mary college. I assume since it's an old college, there might be quite a few "haunted" places.

I was on business, so I wasn't able to see or do much. They *do* have an awesome outlet mall there

I've heard that there's a Yankee Candle "villiage" there, and some kind of famous pottery studio as well.

ETA: I've been to Jamestown about 15 years ago. From what I remember, it was a fascinating tour. The people actually live *and* work in the settlement.

They have these convience stores called "WaWa's" or something. It sounded sexually sugestive to me, but they have pretty good prices, and decent breakfast sandwiches.

It's a long flight from AK to VA, so I don't get over to the East Coast that often!
edit on 7-11-2012 by MystikMushroom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
These seem like good resources,

The Original Ghosts of Williamsburg candlelight ghost tour

Ghost Tours and Ghost Walks in Williamsburg (VA)

Have fun and be safe

edit on 11/7/2012 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
go to williamsburg memorial cemetery, at night with a few candles, a camera and a bottle of whiskey for the nerves and stay until daybreak and tell ats what you felt.

it's as good as any haunted house and its free.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Not to scare you, but I'd be careful with that... typically when one is trying to see/interact with the ghosts, they tend to latch on and slowly destroy the personality and soul of the host. I will admit, it is fun to search for them in the beginning because a large part of most of us has an inherent disbelief about the paranormal, so when we search for them we aren't focusing on the implications of said actions. Please just think about it before you do anything that could potentially affect you for the rest of your life

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
My cousin went and got two apparitions on film. One was infront of a brick house with a white picket fence on [its] left, between it and another building. One apparition was a woman in black Victorian clothes and looked to be churning butter or something. I know it's an apparition because you can see the bricks of the house through her. The second was a man in the window behind her. I hope this helps, and if you catch anything please let me know via a message.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
It's not ghost related, but if you like wine check out the Williamsburg Winery. I used to live in Williamsburg, and their tours and tastings are a good time. You could also check out the Williamsburg Alewerks if you're into beer, and the Cheese Shop in the pedestrian mall next to the Colonial area is also awesome.

Let me know if you'd like some restaurant recommendations as well, as I know the area and I can point you in the right direction.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This website has 14 haunted listings for Williamsburg. They don't have any addresses but they seem to all be places that one could easily find on Google maps if one were so inclined. Happy Hunting.

ShadowLands

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

No, but I need to get down there. Apparently, there is grave down there in one of the churches with my name sake on it (Lunsford). That line was loyal to the King of England at the time (there is recorded history of the Lunsford name participating for the King in the Battle of Hastings in 1066). The name came over from England in the late 1600's. I'd love to see it. Have fun!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
The cheese shop is great for cheese and wine...just note all bars/ restaurants close very early in the old town area...so you may want to stock up on some cheese and wine for later! But...I have done the ghost tour in old town Williamsburg and didnt see much, but lots of cool stories. take a camera and take as many photos as possible....I did ask a restaurant owner ,in the old town , how they got their food to their kitchens without the tourists noticing...you know they have to preserve the authentic look...so trucks unloading food, or wheeling in cases of beer on a dolly are a no no...apparently there is an underground net work of tunnels that lead out a 1/8 to a 1/4 of a mile . The trucks unload there and the staff has to wheel it all the way back through the tunnel. I have heard that tunnel is haunted by a blue lady who also haunts a local restaurant. Have fun!

new topics

top topics

join