It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a proud American always.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have always been a proud American, and I am still a proud American today. I am only 29yrs old, but I'm ahead of most people in there 40's. I have my house and both cars paid off and pretty much debt free. I got this way because I followed the American dream. Go to work save my money. From the time I was 14 years old and got my first job at mcdonalds my parents told me you save a third of your check. And if you can't afford to save a third of your check you cut out the things you can go without. I have followed these rules for over half my life. I'm in sales and my wife is a RN. We have been able to save over a third of our earrings for over the past 4 years. We have both worked hard our whole life so that we would be rewarded when we retire and make sure our son was taking care of if something happened to us. We have FOLLOWED the AMERICAN dream to a T. Last night Obama won the white house again. I'm not mad about it all. I did not vote for Romney. I voted Gary Johnson. I knew my vote would not count because I live in Indiana and I knew Romney would win Indiana no matter what.

My dream has always been to be a politician. Not for money or power, but because I actually LOVE people. All people I love the stories and experiences they all have. When I would tell people I want to be a politician they ask me my views on different things, and I tell them it does not matter my views on anything. It's all about the people. I want what the majority of Americans want. Even if it's not what I see as the intelligent choice. I understand that I am no more important than anyone. I understand that the only difference people have is cultures. We all need water, food, and oxygen to live. We will all die. We all want that basic need for attention. For everything we can be divided by I could give you 4 reasons we are all the same. Because I realize this and love this about all people I change my beliefs today. The popular vote was for Obama and he will remain the leader of the most divearce country in the world. Because of this I will not speak negative about our president. I will continue to focus on my family and I. I will still help my friends, family, and strangers. The president does not mean anything to me, but my country does. And if this is what the majority wants I will keep my chin up high and live my life the only way I know how.

I ask all Americans to continue living life and when you are doing good help your fellow American out. If we could all rely on each other that gives us the power.

Just remember no one controls you but you.

***MOD EDIT***
Not an Introduction Thread
*Closing Thread*

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

This area is solely for introducing yourself (as you can see by browsing through other Introduction threads by new members). We apologize for this inconvenience, but its a necessity for a website as large as ours. I've had to remove your entire post as it goes against our policies.

Strict code's like this are in place to help keep the machine 'running smoothly'. One of these policies is that members need to post their thoughts in the appropriate areas. I'm sure you'll understand the necessity for us having rules like this. It helps keep all the great threads and topics in their perspective areas of interest and not all lumped together, making it difficult to find when wanting to make additional comments.

You have posted what could be a very interesting topic in the "Introductions thread". With that said, I'm going to have to close this thread as it does not comply with the above stated rules. After you have managed to get 20 posts under your belt, start your own thread in one of the appropriate areas.

Thread closed, you can contact me by a private message for more information if needed after you have read the links provided above and in the final post below. Or you can also contact staff by alerting them here Complaints and Suggestions

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read )

Terms & Conditions Of Use ( Please read )
edit on 11/7/2012 by JohnnyAnonymous because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
the majority dont know what they want

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey Welcome.

Many want to blame someone else.

They need a scape goat.

Government and candidate are used often, however they do affect things both good and bad.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I completely agree. I've been against Obama since 07. I don't agree with the punish the successful and reward the lazy, but if that's what the majority are for than so am I. I just didn't think the majority was for that. But I went ahead and spoke to my boss he is anti Obama and he agreed to lay me off of work so I could collect unemployment. I'm also going to sign up for food stamps. If the majority of people want to live for free than so am I. The only thing I will not change is I will not be a lousy parent like the majority of Americans. But I will be a lousy worker. I just don't see any reason to work anymore. I just wish people would realize you don't have to vote republican or democrat. I have more faith in Mexico than I do America anymore.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johncarter12345
I completely agree. I've been against Obama since 07. I don't agree with the punish the successful and reward the lazy, but if that's what the majority are for than so am I. I just didn't think the majority was for that. But I went ahead and spoke to my boss he is anti Obama and he agreed to lay me off of work so I could collect unemployment. I'm also going to sign up for food stamps. If the majority of people want to live for free than so am I. The only thing I will not change is I will not be a lousy parent like the majority of Americans. But I will be a lousy worker. I just don't see any reason to work anymore. I just wish people would realize you don't have to vote republican or democrat. I have more faith in Mexico than I do America anymore.

You sound bitter and angry, as most Obama haters.

You started your thread nicely, talking about the "American Dream"...and then later made it clear that you are NOT SO HAPPY AT ALL with your life and are just bitter and angry because you think others are getting things for free while you are not.

You are not convincing. If you were truly happy with your life, you would not need to refute to some shady trick as to ask your boss to fire you please so you "can collect unemployment".

If you were truly happy, and not some angry and bitter Obama hater, you would be happy to have a job and enjoy the things you have in life - instead of JEALOUSLY (how absurd!) looking at the unemployed, thinking they have a such a better life than you have.

edit on 7-11-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Johncarter12345

Bravo good for you! And you are right about the 40 bit I still know guys struggling!

Good luck to you!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johncarter12345

But I went ahead and spoke to my boss he is anti Obama and he agreed to lay me off of work so I could collect unemployment. I'm also going to sign up for food stamps. If the majority of people want to live for free than so am I.

So this is how you "keep your chin up and live your life the only way you know how"? Way to go, sport.

Oh, and you're free to move to Mexico anytime, if you think it's so much better than here. Let's see how long you last. I can see how proud an American you are.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
nvm

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
nvm

I don't think he's banned (not yet anyway). I don't think intro threads allow stars/flags?

ETA - I guess you figured that out already.

edit on 7-11-2012 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Flex123. You are absolutely correct. I am bitter. Not that Obama has won. I don't truly care who is president I care more about the senate. What I am bitter about is the America I once knew is gone. Not because Obama is president, but because what I thought mattered to Americans does not. I thought Americans wanted a decent paying job where they could provide for there family save enough to take a vacation once a year save money to retire and provide for there children. I realized the pedestal I held Americans too was just I dream I had in my own head. I believe I would feel this way if Romney won as well. I was really hoping this election would be a shock and Americans would vote for neither thug group republican, or democrat. I know that was alot to hope for, but that was the hope I had for a once great country but I was wrong. Flex I have never met you but if you ever needed help send me a message that was how I was raised take care of all and put yourself last.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

top topics

join