It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Thought This Was A Conspiracy Site With Like Minded People?! What Happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Normally, conspiracy sites attract people who are suspicious of government, aren't overly involved in politics (because they can't be trusted), concerned about the "truth" and the "real story."

They talk about prepping, they delve into mysteries, dissect theories, and look for inconsistencies.

They are often anti-government, anti-status quo, anti-establishment.

Since when we did we start hosting a bunch of liberals, who seem to be on here to gloat, push their agenda, and agree with the establishment?

And where did the people who used to hang out here go?

Do liberals have to ruin everything?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
No one's yet confirmed (for me) if ATS was initially set up as a "skeptic" site...?

Anyway OP - User generated Content - The alternative news worlds been corrupted - can't you tell?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
another Lib hater, you just contradicted your self

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm sorry...it's all my fault.

I promise to do better in the future.

And now back to...

Peace!

aah...that feels better.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by BacknTime

Just saying my liberal friend, that I miss the old ATS.

I miss the conspiracy delving, the talk about truth, the ruminating about the changing world.

Now we have the people who are pushing the change on here, changing the subject, pursuing their liberal agenda.

Why don't you hang out at moveon.org?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

you almost sound convincing, but since your only talking about liberals and not about ALL Political parties then it just feels like if you were trying to get rid of your competitors. I cant blame you, Its what Democrats and Republicans do......

edit on 7-11-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Since when we did we start hosting a bunch of liberals, who seem to be on here to gloat, push their agenda, and agree with the establishment?

Since people started slapping the "liberal" label on anything they don't like. Go home, you filthy Republican.

Seriously, liberal this, liberal that. It's because of the liberals that women have rights and black people can vote. It's because of the liberals that we now have clean energy and freedom of religion. It's because of liberals that ANYTHING has changed for the better.

Stop whining about the liberals. They're the reason your life isn't worse.
edit on 7-11-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

You said what I feel, until you put a label on it.

What is your problem with one political faction when you are removing yourself from all that? Especially this...

Liberalism (from the Latin liberalis)[1] is a political philosophy or worldview founded on the ideas of liberty and equality.[2] Liberals espouse a wide array of views depending on their understanding of these principles, but generally they support ideas such as free and fair elections, civil rights, freedom of the press, freedom of religion, free trade, and a right to life, liberty, and property.[3][4][5][6][7]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I was with you until you started bashing liberals. Isn't that getting into politics?

You should bash both the libs and conservatives, if you're bashing.

This isn't a conservative site as far as I know.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

I'd just rather get back to hosting conspiracy-loving folks on the site, rather than talking about your hero.

2nd line.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by Char-Lee

I'd just rather get back to hosting conspiracy-loving folks on the site, rather than talking about your hero.

2nd line.

You are a strange one. You make presumptions about everyone.

I have no part of politics of any kind and I would like to get back to the truth seeking and off the subject also.

I have a hard time thinking you feel the same!
edit on 7-11-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by BacknTime

Just saying my liberal friend, that I miss the old ATS.

I miss the conspiracy delving, the talk about truth, the ruminating about the changing world.

Now we have the people who are pushing the change on here, changing the subject, pursuing their liberal agenda.

Why don't you hang out at moveon.org?

You are just like the politicians slapping labels on everyone. Can't any of you live without your :teams". All sport to you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Nobody forcing you to stay here pal.

Furthermore Trust NO ONE. Especially politicians.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Komonazmuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Unfortunately this site has shifted to one of those "Let me get my debunking, narrow minded, I'm always right because I know post up first" type sites. It seems no one can have a good conspiracy thread without someone else ruining it these days.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This is more of a debate all sides of the topic site; not a blind affirm each others beliefs or delusion site. There are those out there but like Voldemort they shall not be named...opps I said the V word.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter
It seems no one can have a good conspiracy thread without someone else ruining it these days.

I thought the motto here was "Deny Ignorance"!

Not "Embrace Ignorance"

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
And here dumb ole me was thinking it's a site for open-minded people.

Dangit...I may never get this right

edit on 11/8/2012 by ~Lucidity because: dumb ole me forgot to hyphenate

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by gunshooter
It seems no one can have a good conspiracy thread without someone else ruining it these days.

I thought the motto here was "Deny Ignorance"!

Not "Embrace Ignorance"

But there is one of the problems we all have different ideas as to what is "ignorant".

Why can't the present "debunkers" put in their opinion without making it clear they find someone else personally "ignorant" for their opinion...that is called a discussion.

There have been many cases throughout history where the perceived as "ignorant" idea turned out to be right.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Think a lot of folks are tired of all the election threads in general.

Though, I've learned a lot on American politics the last couple of days. Reminds me of a reality show, very entertaining, and the viewers; they believe it's all real.

Whatever, it's a joke. It's all going according to plan whether its a liberal in office or conservative. Doesn't matter.

Hopefully it will all die down soon seeing as the election is over. We're just seeing the remnants of election-fever. Don't worry.

I have to agree I've also noticed more and more news sources tilt to the left though. It's like a freaking disease.

Always good to see opposing views but they're becoming scarcer by the day.

Think because being a conservative has been connected to being a stupid and no one wants to be stupid either. But you're stupid for not questioning it either way, any politician.

edit on 8-11-2012 by DariusHames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Normally, conspiracy sites attract people who are suspicious of government, aren't overly involved in politics (because they can't be trusted), concerned about the "truth" and the "real story."

They talk about prepping, they delve into mysteries, dissect theories, and look for inconsistencies.

They are often anti-government, anti-status quo, anti-establishment.

And where did the people who used to hang out here go?

Do liberals have to ruin everything?

I agreed with most of your post until you make it a "Liberal" issue.

I LOVED the old ATS and loved the weird stories and conspiracies.... that has LONG gone.
ATS is a social networking site, a MSM site and a political baiting site.

Shame really.

Being liberal or conservative has nothing to do with it.

new topics

top topics

join