It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Feinstin Planning Next-Gen AWB / No Grandfathering /

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tovenar

It's not an instant round up and there is obviously no way a door to door search would be feasible.

That's an imaginary situation that will never happen.

What will happen is every action you could take with that firearm will be made illegal. Without a grandfather clause possession and transfer become illegal.

So now you have your firearms in your home and they are a liability. You cant take them to the range, you cant let anyone see them. One phone call from a nosy neighbor is all it'll take for the cops to come knocking.

As far as armed resistance goes that too is a pipe dream. How many people will lose their life, family, home, career, freedom for an inanimate object?

Complete round up and destruction is impossible. The politicians know this. Unless they are complete morons they know this. But over several years it will push all the guns underground and make instant felons out of millions of Americans and over time this will chill ownership in the US and lay the foundation for a steady black market pipeline from South America and Eastern Asia.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

lets not be tricked into thinking the second amendment is for rifles only.

i was intended to keep the government no more armed than its citizens. back then it was rifles and cannons. there to only be militia of the citizens. a standing army is unconstitutional. look how Rome went from a republic to a dictatorship through the use of a professional army.

so saying the government. can have tanks and we cannot is against the law.

when one knows the history of the law, one can see how far we have fallen into slavery.

besides the majority of crimes are performed with a pistol not rifles. if this was REALalY for OUR protection then ban pistols. but this is not about protecting us. its about protecting our current rulers that being exposed as thieves and traitors

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vendetta1776

besides the majority of crimes are performed with a pistol not rifles. if this was REALalY for OUR protection then ban pistols. but this is not about protecting us. its about protecting our current rulers that being exposed as thieves and traitors

That's exactly what it's for.

To say handguns are the firearm of choice for crimes doesnt go far enough. Handguns are used in over 90% of crimes involving firearms while rifles, last I checked, were only used in 2%-3%.

Obama called these rifles "weapons of war." Legislation specifically attacking these "weapons of war" while ignoring the "weapons of crime" means the political class must be expecting a war at home.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Oh no Obama got reelected and they are coming after our guns!!!!!!!!! See this is one of the problems with the right wing, they are morons. President Obama has not done anything to restrict gun rights and has only expanded them, this is a fact. The second fact requires critical thinking skills...............wait for it........... The House is controlled by the Republican Party, which will never pass gun control. There is a thing called political reality please indulge in it. Congresspeople draft all kinds of legislation they would like to see passed everyday, it does not mean it will ever see the light of day let alone get passed and signed into law.

just like they wouldn't pass the NDAA that allows them to imprison or assassinate Americans

ur not the sharpest bulb in the drawer

they pass an NDAA every year, the house and senate pass it or not, the pres signs it or not. as far as i can tell 1 maybe 2 people were detained without due process so no i don't think they're coming for our guns just yet. this year i'm hoping bama will remove and or shoot down certain parts of the ndaa since he doesn't have to kiss anyone's ass any longer.

when i see things like this enacted, what i look for next is the level that it is used for to determine if it was a DC deal, or for real. DC deals happen everyday and are part of the problems we have. if you can imagine each one of them kissing the others ass for a vote, how hilarious that must look.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
I wonder where lies Diane Frankenstien's alternative agenda...

Historically other countries chose not to attack us because all of America's citizens are armed.

Slowly fleecing away our arms in fear there could there be an inevitable civil uprising in the near future? The people vs. the Government perhaps?
Or is the sole motivation active shooter incidents?
They can have my gun when they pry it from my.... well, you know.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

Well put. Star for you.

"Fear the government that fears your firearms."

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I was in a DFW gun store on Wednesday and the chatter from every salesman at every counter was the same: they're coming after your guns, better buy now before they get banned. Also noted that prices were generally "up" on the online gun store & auction sites about 10% over night. If I believed the threat, I'd be looking into private firearms sales between individuals instead of dealer sales when it comes to deep concealment.

ganjoa

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

makes sense.

but if i were making a deal i would only sacrifice what wasn't important and bargain for what i want.

that means this is very very important to someone and since they have to sacrifice slot in the deal they intend to use it.

i would not sacrifice 20k on a car and then not drive it! would u? bad analogy i know.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Oh no Obama got reelected and they are coming after our guns!!!!!!!!! See this is one of the problems with the right wing, they are morons. President Obama has not done anything to restrict gun rights and has only expanded them, this is a fact. The second fact requires critical thinking skills...............wait for it........... The House is controlled by the Republican Party, which will never pass gun control. There is a thing called political reality please indulge in it. Congresspeople draft all kinds of legislation they would like to see passed everyday, it does not mean it will ever see the light of day let alone get passed and signed into law.

How has Obama expanded gun right? Please provide a link.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
anyone know the percent of active shooter incidents on premises not allowing conceal carry versus those on premises that allow concealed. carry? that would be an interesting statistic

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

How has Obama expanded gun right? Please provide a link.

no Obama has not tried to pass any restrictions with respect to US law. however he has encouraged and participated in the UNs Small Arms Treaty. as for who will take our guns, any nation that is pisted at the USA and will support the United Nations. both Obama and Leon Pannetta said they do not need Congress approval to go to war. they said they will get approval from the united nations. its on you tube!
edit on 8-11-2012 by Vendetta1776 because: spell check keeps changing my words

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Vendetta1776

i'm thinking this is not important to the pres because we must face facts, if the govt. would ever attempt to take our guns or make it impossible for law abiding citizens to obtain them, then all bets are off and our country is in full revolution.

also remember there is a difference between NDAA's and external guns laws, aka UN and what will pass the muster of the supreme court, governors, and state laws\constitutions.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

no Obama has not tried to pass any restrictions with respect to US law.

Dont forget the temporary registry of rifles sold along the southern border he instituted and subsequently made permanent despite registries being specifically prohibited by law and the new powers he granted the ATF to confiscate property and accounts at will ala DEA.

Obama also held up importation of surplus M1's left over from the Korean war.

He's done these things while still managing to come off as having done nothing against guns owners.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

i'm thinking this is not important to the pres because we must face facts, if the govt. would ever attempt to take our guns or make it impossible for law abiding citizens to obtain them, then all bets are off and our country is in full revolution.

Im sorry but i still can't help but laugh when i see people still believing in this imaginary line, that if the gov crosses it then it is on.
The majority of the public are ignorant and self obsessed. They will care more about there jobs and homes then there freedom being taken away.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bixxi3

Originally posted by LittleBlackEagle

Im sorry but i still can't help but laugh when i see people still believing in this imaginary line, that if the gov crosses it then it is on.
The majority of the public are ignorant and self obsessed. They will care more about there jobs and homes then there freedom being taken away.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

i disagree, gun ownership is still monumental to the majority of Americans, enough so that even the ones who appear to be unconcerned, are related to those whom are and would side with their families and friends long before the govt. on this issue.

freedom and the right to bear arms goes hand in hand for us, simply because it's how we started and it's all we know.

like i said, my wife, daughter, son, 14 of maybe 15 in-laws etc. pay little to no attention currently, at our gun laws nor possible infringement there of, but you can bet your ass if i began to say hell no to the govt. on any type of control, they would all side with me long before uncle sam.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

no he wont be able to appoint more justices as the conservative justices are living for atleast four more years just to spite him or at least thats what i heard from them last time,Never underestimate the spite of a rich white republican......i think two of them even quit smoking just to make sure they live for four more years.

was crazyness in the gun store again today people were trying to out bid eachother in the gun store for ar's sks's and ak47's they even sold a few of those crappy HK clones made by century arms even wall mart was almost out of ammo and sold an ar or two today

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

It won't, in all likelihood.

But, there is no denying that many on certain political sides would like nothing better than to do away with our rights to own firearms. The interwebs are full of these people spouting their rhetorical nonsense...

...and there are people who will buy into the agenda.

Yes, the GOP controls the House... They've also been known to do stupid things like nominate sure to lose candidates for President... Who says they won't do something like this?

This possibility is exactly why we must make sure our voices are heard.

Not just about gun control, but any other issue that concerns us.

But if you want to continue to trust that Congress will do the right thing, that's, of course, your prerogative.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3

Maybe there won't be blood in the streets, that much is true... However, there will also be a lot of "missing" and "lost", not to mention "stolen" firearms.

...and they thought Prohibition would work, too. There is no telling what will set a people off. Rebellions have started over just such govt. intrusions. Through out history there are many instances of people rebelling over what were thought to be minor issues...not so minor to the people being oppressed.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm
Republicans control the house....how the hell would this even pass?

It probably wouldn't. For all the whining about the Presidency, the GOP did reasonably well in the House. Gun rights are one of their strongest national issues and is a big reason why they still hold that majority now. I can't see them abandoning it and dooming themselves to irrelevance, because that's exactly what would happen. Rural voters would abandon them in turn.

I don't think its going to happen. The usual suspects on the Democrat side are going to make some noise about it, but it'll fade away soon enough. Gun control is still a political loser at the Congressional level.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

So now you have your firearms in your home and they are a liability. You cant take them to the range, you cant let anyone see them. One phone call from a nosy neighbor is all it'll take for the cops to come knocking.

As far as armed resistance goes that too is a pipe dream. How many people will lose their life, family, home, career, freedom for an inanimate object?

Complete round up and destruction is impossible. The politicians know this. Unless they are complete morons they know this. But over several years it will push all the guns underground and make instant felons out of millions of Americans and over time this will chill ownership in the US and lay the foundation for a steady black market pipeline from South America and Eastern Asia.

You are correct.

On the other hand, "turning millions of Americans into felons instantly" is a dangerous game.

A) After the initial shock wears off, millions of Americans might decide that being a felon is not as big a deal anymore

B). Just like the spate of people "going postal" after the dotcom bubble burst, a recession is no time to turn a bunch of people into the character from the movie Falling Down. You are right that middle class folks don't go gangsta. On the other hand, the middle class is shrinking rapidly. .......Imagine someone who is getting foreclosed on. They feel like there's nothing to live for, no hope. But they do have that AR15 buried in the garden....

C) how do you think this will affect the hunting industry? It is a billion-dollar business just here in Texas; not to mention northern "big buck" states. I know of towns in Texas where hunting is the primary industry, ahead of farming. There will suddenly be a whole lot of people whose businesses are wiped out, but who all own massive arsenals. Imagine pissing off every single gun dealer in your state, on the same day......

Governor Perry actually used the word Succession here in 2010, and drew crowds bigger than Rockstar Obama. And Perry didnt actually advocate anything. What if the next guy does?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph
I wonder where lies Diane Frankenstien's alternative agenda...

Historically other countries chose not to attack us because all of America's citizens are armed.

Slowly fleecing away our arms in fear there could there be an inevitable civil uprising in the near future? The people vs. the Government perhaps?
Or is the sole motivation active shooter incidents?
They can have my gun when they pry it from my.... well, you know.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

Look, it's simple, raw, POWER.

When destroying a country isn't enough, they then look to govern the WORLD.

Jimmy, are you quite ready?
edit on 9-11-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join