It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumor: Feinstin Planning Next-Gen AWB / No Grandfathering /

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Don't have the minutes of the meeting (yet), but sources tell me California Senator and longtime gun-hater Dianne Feinstein's legal staff held meetings on Friday with FTB/ATF legal staff to discuss a new "Assault Weapons Ban" Madame Feinstein would be looking to push through Congress if President Obama wins reelection.

This same "pretty good intelligence" says the items that would lead to a ban would ban pistol grips and "high-capacity" magazines, eliminate any grandfathering and ban sales of "weapons in possession".

Shooting Wire 11/5

She's a nut that wont quit. Even in death I bet her name will be dragged out like Kennedys for every little thing. Prohibitionist psychos down the line will be saying "Diane would have approved of this" and naming bills after her.

Also: Brady Bunch Congratulates Obama on Win

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
It is highly unfortunate that my weapons and ammo were lost in a kayaking accident in the Everglades this morning. I certainly hope that no ne'er do wells find them.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I wonder where lies Diane Frankenstien's alternative agenda...

Historically other countries chose not to attack us because all of America's citizens are armed.

Slowly fleecing away our arms in fear there could there be an inevitable civil uprising in the near future? The people vs. the Government perhaps?
Or is the sole motivation active shooter incidents?
They can have my gun when they pry it from my.... well, you know.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I fired a 22 rifle once, felt like a pellet gun.

If my memory serves me right, one of Michael Moores films stated that Canada had just as many guns as the US, however i rarely see evidence for this.

I am still fascinated when i see a cop with a gun on his hip

Edit to respond to above post

If any hostile force landed on mainland US, they should be fearing what awaits them on every single block. Also, they may avoid Detriot entirely.
edit on 7-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
It looks like the 'mandate' has been accepted with open arms and Congress is getting ready to put the pedal to the metal.

Likewise Darth, my weapons were misplace last week during a boating accident in the Sahara... crazy coincidence, do you think?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dreine

Likewise Darth, my weapons were misplace last week during a boating accident in the Sahara... crazy coincidence, do you think?
Inexplicable. I certainly hope you are able to recover them. I would hate to see something awful happen.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
The lack of a grandfather clause suggest a confiscation or amnesty measures.

This is what happened after the 1968 NFA. An amnesty was granted to surrender or register restricted items.
Those items not registered were made illegal and their owners felons with a stroke of a pen.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The lack of a grandfather clause suggest a confiscation or amnesty measures.

This is what happened after the 1968 NFA. An amnesty was granted to surrender or register restricted items.

That, was my next question, thanks.
Frightening to say the least.

Those items not registered were made illegal and their owners felons with a stroke of a pen.

Is there feeling this ties into recent executive orders...NDAA?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I fired a 22 rifle once, felt like a pellet gun.

If my memory serves me right, one of Michael Moores films stated that Canada had just as many guns as the US, however i rarely see evidence for this.

I am still fascinated when i see a cop with a gun on his hip

Edit to respond to above post

If any hostile force landed on mainland US, they should be fearing what awaits them on every single block. Also, they may avoid Detriot entirely.
edit on 7-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Estimates for Canada range from 7 to 11 million guns.
Most estimates for the US run around 300 million.
That 300 million is based on guns ceasing to exist in the market place after so many years, which isn’t really the case. They also don’t count firearms that was made during WW2 or earlier.

Some people that have went though historical manufacturing, import, and export data have come to a more realistic number of around 600 million guns in the US. Around 2 for every man, woman, and child.

The kick depends on the weight of the gun. The heavier the gun, the lower the kick, for the same round. A little 22 derringer or other mouse gun will put the hurt to your hand, while a full size rifle like a 22 marlin 60, or Remington 550 will be quite enjoyable to fire.

That is why a double barrel, or pump shotgun feels like it has less kick than a single shot break action, even though it’s firing the same round. The single shot is a lot lighter and transfers more of the kick to the shooter. A 12G single shot savage with a 3 inch buckshot load will put the hurt to you if you don’t know what to expect.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I suspect there will be a lot of "lost" firearms... Mine included...

How klutzy of me...damned shame.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
A while back in Australia, they literally had a nation wide shortage of PVC end caps. For some odd reason it seemed to coincide with the gun registration and stuff over there. I haven’t got the faintest clue as to why though.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
went into my local gun store today in evergreen and they had sold 35 ar's 12 lowers and 10 cases of ammo before noon and 50 mags with in their first 20 minutes of being open according to the shop keeper so it seems people are investing in steel and lead as well as gold and silver.i dont see this passing at least not the house i dunno how they would try to do it but if obama tries to go executive order i see things going well badly.......

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Nobody is going to try to take your guns.

With what army? Imagine 75 million searchable households. And a three man crew can search 3 houses in an hour, or 24 houses in one day's shift. ( A completely ludricrous number). A hundred thousand soldiers would take a month to search all of America. This ignores:

-some guns not hidden in homes
-some search teams might miss a gun here and there
-no support or logistics teams: you'd need quartermasters and motor pools for all those troops

And most importantly, after the first, oh, week or so, some people would begin to hide their guns or maybe even actively resist their searches.

Your other choice is using local police. Which is a hoot. Every cop has a kid brother, who is going to ask his big bro to help him hide his guns. And a lot of those cops will be less than happy to carry out the order anyway, since the locals know where they sleep and where their kids are enrolled in school.

Think of it this way. You are a suburbanite. The cops just searched you and found and seized your guns. What do you do now? Well, you call the neighbor up the street and tell him which way they are headed. Someone on your street takes a few shots at the search team as they head up to the front door. Not really good shots, but then it's the guy on his rooftop from 4 blocks away, trying out his new scope. The cops pull a u turn and take out after him, at which point your friend starts shooting at him. Pretty soon, the neighbor kids are daring each other to shoot at every squad car, even if they only have a daisy air rifle.

Now, squad cars are not made to take that kind of abuse. Neither were civilian police.

So just who is gonna grab the guns?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Oh no Obama got reelected and they are coming after our guns!!!!!!!!! See this is one of the problems with the right wing, they are morons. President Obama has not done anything to restrict gun rights and has only expanded them, this is a fact. The second fact requires critical thinking skills...............wait for it........... The House is controlled by the Republican Party, which will never pass gun control. There is a thing called political reality please indulge in it. Congresspeople draft all kinds of legislation they would like to see passed everyday, it does not mean it will ever see the light of day let alone get passed and signed into law.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
Oh no Obama got reelected and they are coming after our guns!!!!!!!!! See this is one of the problems with the right wing, they are morons. President Obama has not done anything to restrict gun rights and has only expanded them, this is a fact. The second fact requires critical thinking skills...............wait for it........... The House is controlled by the Republican Party, which will never pass gun control. There is a thing called political reality please indulge in it. Congresspeople draft all kinds of legislation they would like to see passed everyday, it does not mean it will ever see the light of day let alone get passed and signed into law.

just like they wouldn't pass the NDAA that allows them to imprison or assassinate Americans

ur not the sharpest bulb in the drawer

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Republicans control the house....how the hell would this even pass?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

You are forgetting several BIG points.

He will be able to appoint up to three more judges to the bench. Remember, the current decision supporting 2a was a 5-4. The current precedent will be ripe for overturning after he appoints a couple more lackeys.

That will open the way back up for states to implement all their gun control and banning strategies they want. Think California, Illinois, NY and dc.

There is also possibilities of going after ammo manufactures through existing regulatory channels. Regulate them to death. If no one has ammo, then all the guns in the world are useless to you.

And then there is his never ending executive orders. Who knows what type of regulation he will push past the elected officials through executive order.

And last but not least, we have a majority in the house, “right now”. Based on how bat $hit crazy the population has been acting, and voting, over the last several years, I am not going to bet anything on it staying that way.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

How many turncoat republicans would it take?
Lets face it, the People who control the house dont sit in it.
The laws will get passed that their agenda calls for regardless of who sits there too.......
A man would be a fool to ever think otherwise....the whole play is just a scam to cover the tracks of the real owners......

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

Both Republicans and Democrats voted in a majority through NDAA they can imprison or kill any American without due process. The Pres meets on day a week and picks who is next. Google "desposition matrix". it is a matrix of data collected on you and if you score high enough the Pres gets to pick between you and others. no trial and no. discussion if the info is valid. your neighbor could provide false info and get you killed.

don't think it can happen to you? read "the gulag archepalago". they imprisoned farmers if their crops did not produce!

the is a two party system a) the politicians and b) the rest of us

did you know that politicians will have a) a separate retirement plan than social security b) a separate healthcare plan tun obamacare. did you know it is legal for them to engage in insider trading.

please stick to the facts. it is a fact that our government both Reds and Blues spend 600 billion a year on defense. i calculated we could feed one of every three of us for an entire year. both parties voted for WAR!

i say "if you don't like guns you are free to move to another country. there are plenty that have the gun laws you like. as for me,there are not many choices left. not Great Britain, not Australia, Canada has Stephen Harper and i predict they will pass new laws there too"

the real reason they want to take our guns, especially this year, is they are about to tell us the government has spent all your taxes and future taxes but can no longer pay social security nor Medicare nor Medicaid. the debt limit will be reached again this December.

you see, time is running out for them. once the public knows they have been robbed,well ...there are going to be some very angry people. look at federal I'd for sandy. imagine the same but without an accident.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by solarstorm

This makes me laugh every time. Since when have Republicans been friends to gun owners? Or liberty in general?

Only when it suits their political battles.

Nixon stated that guns are an "abomination."
Reagan signed the FOPA in '86 that expanded the '68 NFA.
Bush Sr. banned importation of over 40 firearm types.
Clintons AWB went through with plenty of Republican support.
Bush Jr. went on record saying he would sign an AWB ban renewal until he flipped and didnt.

Attempts to reintroduce the AWB or a another ban like it go forward every session with lots of Republican support. Several have been solely co-sponsored by Republicans.

The government hates your guns. Dont fall for the lie that Republicans are somehow a great savior here because they have and will sell you out. They try to every session.

The government hates your guns.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join